• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

HeartGold And SoulSilver

The video looks quite interesting. I wonder where that new area that Gold was at with Arceus was. We'll see eventually, I suppose...

I think it was called the Shinto Ruins. Are you talking about a video that had this pic in it?

EDIT: Link won't work. Check the picture that says 'Gold & Arceus enter Shinto Ruins. Courtesy of Filb.de' here.

I believe you enter the Shinto Temple from the Ruins of Alph when you have Arceus following you, similar to the PCP event.

I only just noticed that they named the Temple after Japan's religion. How stupid of me. =[

Do you think that that may cause some anti pokemon christian parents to freak out? The god pokemon that you get by entering the temple named after the Japanese religion?

Yeah, I think I read somewhere about being able to check their mood, status, and collect items from the pokemon that follow you, and possibly each species can get different items.

edit: yeah, its all here

Also, Soul's overworld, 25th one down. Linky

^The Platinum graphics for inbattle.

I don't really care, but some people do.

*agree*

And uh...wishing for a non-competitive game is really just plain hoping. Nintendo would probably keep all the DPP battling stuff with some new moves and bla bla bla.

I don't know anything about the "shiny" Pichu event and I can't seem to find it on Serebii too easily. I wanna know about the event because it's one I actually wanna attend. >.< (The only event I've ever wanted to attend before now was the Shaymin event, and because I don't check Serebii regularly I found out about it the day after it had finished. Now I'm paranoid that I'm going to miss all the HG/SS events, especially considering I've never been to an event and don't even know how they work.)

Last edited:
If there's going to be Kanto I wonder if they'll also include the Sevii Isles?

Not surprising that they did include Kanto. It will let you catch Mewtwo, leaving the only unobtainable Pokemon in Gen IV as of yet we know Lati@s.

Do you think that that may cause some anti pokemon christian parents to freak out? The god pokemon that you get by entering the temple named after the Japanese religion?

Sorry if I'm mistaken, but wasn't Sinnoh originally going to be Shinto before it was translated?

^ I doubt they'll put in the Sevii Islands; it's enough to have an entire extra region to explore.

Also I'm 99% sure GSC didn't have Mewtwo in Kanto at all.

^ I doubt they'll put in the Sevii Islands; it's enough to have an entire extra region to explore.

Also I'm 99% sure GSC didn't have Mewtwo in Kanto at all.

It didn't. However, as of now, Mewtwo and the Latis, unless I'm mistaken, are the only Legendary Pokemon unavaible to those with only a DSi/no GBA games.

...Did you even read what I wrote?

Some people only have a DSi, while others never had the GBA games. Right now, Nintendo's number one priority seems to be giving those people acess to these Pokemon, if they didn't already.

(The only event I've ever wanted to attend before now was the Shaymin event, and because I don't check Serebii regularly I found out about it the day after it had finished. Now I'm paranoid that I'm going to miss all the HG/SS events, especially considering I've never been to an event and don't even know how they work.)
I know this is off topic, but I can explain. The DS events are entirely wireless. What you do is, you go to the location where the event is being held, making sure that you have Mystery Gift beforehand (and have obtained the Pokedex, but that's rather obvious). Also, if you've been to an event before, you should make sure you don't already have two Wonder Cards. To delete one, just go to "Wonder Cards" or whatever (yeah, I haven't been to an event in a while) after "Mystery Gift" and delete one. You may want to choose carefully, as I believe you can transfer them wirelessly to friends so they can have the event.

Start up the game, go into first menu after the start screen (the one where you select your file), and then select "Mystery Gift". Select "Download via Wireless", then wait for it to detect the signal. Once it has, download the Wonder Card, and then go back to the first menu. Load your file, and make your way to any Poke Mart. Inside there should be a man in green. Make sure you have room in your party, and talk to him. You'll receive the event Pokemon. Do whatever you want afterwards, but make sure you save before you shut off. There! :3

Back on topic, I don't think HG/SS will have the Sevii Islands. They were made to cater to FR/LG, which is why the last four islands have Johto Pokemon on them. It would make no sense in an actual Johto remake.

Friends or GTS?

Which some people don't have?

Also, unless you've already seen the pokemon you want the GTS is useless, so unless there's somewhere you can get it logged as seen in your pokedex you're limited to friends, which even if you have, may not be willing and/or able to trade to you.

Since they released the DSi, Nintendo will be trying to move away from the GBA as much as possible, so they're going to make sure you can get every pokemon within a generation IV game without relying on generation III.

On another note, am I the only one who hopes you can turn off the pokemon following you around? It may be fun and everything, but I doubt I would want to have a pokemon trailing me all the time, espeically when I want to get into 'remembering playing the originals' mode. (I know it won't look the same, but it should mostly function the same)

^ Yeah, I guess it might be nice to be able to walk around without having something following you all the time. I mean, I don't really mind, but it'd be cool if you could turn it off if you wanted, I suppose. It looks like a lot of fun, though. I'll probably end up switching my Pokémon in front quite a lot if you can't stop one following you. I like how they've made an effort with the sizes of the Pokémon, as well. Steelix, for example, looks relatively big.

I'm really curious about what this new area to the west of Cianwood City is. A new Battle Frontier? Something completely different? Maybe it's somewhere with a Contest Hall, a load of shops, some move tutors and other buildings? Or maybe it's a special park where you can catch certain kinds of Pokémon in different areas; Johto's own Safari Game, maybe. Or it could just be a PokéWalker only area, or something. Or not. I somehow doubt that it is, I guess. I don't know.

Oh, I really love the boxart that we're currently able to see. The artwork is really beautiful and I think the colours they've used are pretty. I adore certain kinds of silver, and the gold looks gorgeous and bright.

Last edited:
アルセウス七;309134 said:
Sorry if I'm mistaken, but wasn't Sinnoh originally going to be Shinto before it was translated?

No. Sinnoh's Japanese name is Shinou.

The temple is only called Shinto because of its connection to religion(aka Arceus). It would make sense, after all, to name the temple after the nation's religion because you have the god Pokemon with you.

Back
Top Bottom