• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

HeartGold And SoulSilver

I remember back in the good old days I would have a pokemon that would look like this:

Feraligatr
Cut, Strength, Surf, Dig

...FUCK YEAH, KANTO!
Now that that's off my chest, I think my final team is going to be the following:
Kingdra
Feraligatr
Houndoom
Jynx
Persian
Mismagius

My team is based on my Platinum team. I guess I can work some HMS in there, but I might need a couple slaves.
I dunno about moves, but I want my Persian to know Thunder, Night Slash, PayDay and Slash.

Yes, I realize that in PMD Magikarp flopped around. I'm just saying that most (but not all) of the fish-like Pokemon did that odd swimming-hovering thing. They had the time and patience to make some fish flop though. Did ever wonder why not all of the fish flopped?

In HG and SS the overwolrlds will probably have work put into them, but they arn't a very large prioraty unlike designing gyms, the battle sprites, basic programing, advanced programing, and a bunch of other stuff.

What I'm saying is PMD had pokemon sprites as a prioraty and something that should be as great as it can be, due to the fact that the sprites were EVERYWHERE.
In HGSS it's not such a big deal. There are other things that require more attention.

Usually, I find a couple of Pokémon that can learn at least 4 HMs each, and I use them as HM slaves that I mostly ignore. My Empoleon in Platinum had this moveset:
Rock Smash
Cut
Defog
Waterfall
I feel a bit sorry for him...

Also, why would the Pokémon guys put overworld sprites in if they didn't intend to do it well? That kind of destroys the point; I think they will be quite similar to PMD sprites.

I know. I was just pointing out that some fish did flop.

...And trust me, I don't say that every day.

That is kinda weird that they'd include Kanto in the games, since we have FireRed and LeafGreen. Or do you think that this will count as the DS version of both?

They had the time and patience to make some fish flop though. Did ever wonder why not all of the fish flopped?
Time and patience...? It wouldn't be that much harder than doing a swimming motion. In fact, I think it could potentially be easier. Besides, you do realize they're getting paid for this. The reason PMD's sprites are more detailed is because overall the entire game was more detailed and has a different style from the main games. Which is probably because Chunsoft, not Game Freak, developed it.

Yeah, I'm probably going to get postninja'd.

That is kinda weird that they'd include Kanto in the games, since we have FireRed and LeafGreen. Or do you think that this will count as the DS version of both?

If you took out Kanto then you take out half of the game....

I expected them to keep Kanto in. If they didn't...well they'd have to come up with something to replace that half of the game, not to mention keep the same entertainment level that Kanto had. Or they could just forget that half of the game and shorten the main plot, but there was a slim chance of that happening.

Okay, I just came up with a very funny idea!! Put Wailord in the front of your party and see what happens. (I'll also have to do Magikarp.) Imagine going through a desert-like area with your Wailord or Magikarp... Or the ocean with a fire-type Pokémon!! (Poor Heatran...)

Okay, I just came up with a very funny idea!! Put Wailord in the front of your party and see what happens. (I'll also have to do Magikarp.) Imagine going through a desert-like area with your Wailord or Magikarp... Or the ocean with a fire-type Pokémon!! (Poor Heatran...)

They'll probably just disappear as you go surfing, like when you enter a boat with Mr Briney. And if my memory serves me right, there's no desert in either Johto or Kanto.

Rather than have the leading Pokémon follow you, I hope there will be a specific selection to choose which Pokémon follows you. I'd hate to be training my Pokémon and switch them out and - bam! - now I have a Lapras follow me. I probably won't switch the follower much, then; I'll likely make my Typhlosion eternally follow me.

I still don't see what's so horrible about having your Pokemon switch. Isn't it typical how everyone has to find something to complain about once they've been given what they want?

It'd be an easy way to remember who's first in your party. I can't tell you how many times I've gone into Gym battles with somebody totally weak at the top of my party just because I forgot to switch them. (Or maybe that's just cause I'm ditzy. IDK.)

I still don't see what's so horrible about having your Pokemon switch. Isn't it typical how everyone has to find something to complain about once they've been given what they want?

This is the only thing I'm really complaining about. o.o (btw, has it been proven yet how you can switch Pokémon? By some of the posts, it looks like it has, but I'm not sure. :/)

It'd be an easy way to remember who's first in your party. I can't tell you how many times I've gone into Gym battles with somebody totally weak at the top of my party just because I forgot to switch them. (Or maybe that's just cause I'm ditzy. IDK.)

I don't actually care what Pokémon's first when I fight Gym leaders; I'll usually eventually win and if I fail I'll switch up the team. My training method gets all Pokémon to the same level, so when they're the level I want them to be I go fight the Gym leader. The only way I specifically make sure something is or isn't my lead is if, say, my lead's an Electric and the gym is Rock-type (in which case they'll probably have a Rock/Ground lead). I do specify the order when fighting the E4, though.

Teams...Teams...

Typhlosion
Ampharos/Jolteon*We'll see...*
Espeon/Xatu
Lapras
???
???

I'm not really sure on the last two members...Maybe I'll get a Furret HM slave. But after that...Well, I'm gonna need to consider types.

I'm getting HeartGold for nostalgia reasons. It was the first Pokemon game I ever played...

And of course, with the nostalgia reason, I'm doing the same team.
-Furret
-Ampharos
-Espeon
-Suicune
-Skarmory
-Meganium

Back
Top Bottom