• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

HeartGold And SoulSilver

Hmmm.
I know that since I'm getting SoulSilver, (omg exclusives <3) my final team as follows (ahahaah who am I kidding this'll probably change soon) will be:

Typhlosion, Skarmory, Red Gyarados, Kadabra (or Alakazam, depending if I can convince my cousin to scrape together enought moniiies, buy HeartGold, and do the ol' trade-and-switchback) Sneasel (really, this is the only one that I was gender-specific, I seriously want a girl for some reason) aaand Espeon.

Last edited:
Hmm. Right now I'm thinking Typhlosion, Victreebel, Octillery, Xatu, Donphan, and Umbreon. It'll probably change between now and next year, but hey.

There is something that horrifies/revolts me, and I fear it needs saying and it needs saying right now. Okay, now the four-hundred-something Pokémon can now follow you around, right? So, that's a good thing. Rather, that's a great thing! Except the idea of Groudon following me around is... strange. Same with Abra (isn't it supposed to be asleep???), Zapdos (wouldn't we get shocked???), Magikarp (I bet it will flip and thrash after us) and Giratina (yup, the demonic fiend from an alternate dimension will follow us around like a tame pet). AND, for the love of my life, I cannot imagine Wailord following me around. God have mercy on those poor people around the trainer who has a Wailord following him. So long, people 8)

Giratina (yup, the demonic fiend from an alternate dimension will follow us around like a tame pet)
He isn't a demonic fiend. :< Where did you get that impression? Mewtwo or Darkrai would've been better examples, and even then it's assumed that, depending on their happiness, all captured Pokemon are at least mostly tamed. The only instance of a Pokemon showing otherwise is with traded Pokemon whose levels are higher than the current badge. (Also, just because he is believed to be the Pokemon of death doesn't mean he is "demonic".)

Also, Battle Frontier anyone? (oh, and more information about the PokeWalker)

Let's see...my team will probably be:
Kingdra/Vaporeon
Crobat
Ampharos
Scizor
Umbreon (or, if I can get it early enough, Tyranitar)
Espeon/Alakazam
...as long as I can find somebody to trade with.

Last edited:
He isn't a demonic fiend. :< Where did you get that impression? Mewtwo or Darkrai would've been better examples, and even then it's assumed that, depending on their happiness, all captured Pokemon are at least mostly tamed. The only instance of a Pokemon showing otherwise is with traded Pokemon whose levels are higher than the current badge. (Also, just because he is believed to be the Pokemon of death doesn't mean he is "demonic".)

Okay, but still. I think that maybe aquatic-life based Pokémon may follow you around while you're surfing or diving. That makes sense. Okay, more Pokémon that would seem weird following you around: Slakoth and Slaking (maybe Slaking will follow you on all fours, but that would not seem, right, seeing its apathetic nature), Slowpoke, Porygon Z.

On the other hand I can't to see how Voltorb, Onown, Noctowl, and Ekans/Arbok/Seviper would walk. That should be interesting.

YES AMPHAROS YES. I'll definately have one of those on my team, seeing as it's the best non-legendary electric type ever. I'll probably also have a furret just because.

The snakes would slither, Voltorb would roll, Noctowl would...fly, and Unown would hover. Or some random thing like that.

^ I still can't imagine wailord, though. That would just be weird. I'm happy, though, I've always thought it would be cool if pokemon could follow you around, and they decided to implement it in the remake of my favorite games ever! :D

Oh yeah, and I don't see how having Wailord follow you around is any different from sending one out to battle on land. Pokemon isn't meant to make sense, it's a game.

It appears so. The large island to the west has six separate sections, what I assume to be some sort of Battle Frontier.

There is something that horrifies/revolts me, and I fear it needs saying and it needs saying right now. Okay, now the four-hundred-something Pokémon can now follow you around, right? So, that's a good thing. Rather, that's a great thing! Except the idea of Groudon following me around is... strange. Same with Abra (isn't it supposed to be asleep???), Zapdos (wouldn't we get shocked???), Magikarp (I bet it will flip and thrash after us) and Giratina (yup, the demonic fiend from an alternate dimension will follow us around like a tame pet). AND, for the love of my life, I cannot imagine Wailord following me around. God have mercy on those poor people around the trainer who has a Wailord following him. So long, people 8)

It's a video game.

Guys, I doubt any of the fishy Pokemon will actualy flop behind you. More likely, they will hover-swim behind you like some fishy Pokes in PMD1 and 2.
Voltorb and other Pokemon without legs will probley make some kind of odd "hopping" motion or slide behind you. Flying types might fly behind you, but there wing flaps will be very simplistic and choppy unless their walking.

There are limitations to what the people will make the overworlds do. Just remember the crap load of sprites they have to make. Would you want to have a complicated flopping motion sprited for a Pokemon nobody uses or would you rather a swimming, but hovering type motion?

I seem to be a bit late, but I really want to get this, because my Silver game disappeared (D:) and my Crystal game won't save, plus GSC was easily my favorite generation (closely tied with RSE though.) I'll probably get HeartGold since I originally owned Silver and Crystal, but never Gold, and I don't belive I've used Chikorita before, so I might use it. |D

-floats off-

Oh, and this post will probably be edited a bit after I read more of the thread, because I'm tired right now.

I think I know what the new building in Goldenrod is! (Though I'm probably wrong) IT'S THE JOHTO GTS!

Well, at least it would seem to be. Since I'm sure there will be WiFi compatabilities on HGSS, there'll probably be another GTS. The GTS would probably be in a pretty big city (Goldenrod) and, well, be a big building. So that's my guess.

Though I can't fathom what could possible be next to the Park.

Actually, it is entirely possible the large building is a redesigned Radio Tower. I'm hoping they'll keep the Pokemon Communication Center from the Japanese Crystal, which was the GTS in those days. The PCC is in Golden Rod, in case you were wondering.

My team will probably end up as something like...

Typhlosion
Red Gyarados
Raikou
Skarmory
Weavile
Butterfree

I have taken to designing my teams in such a way that I'll fit all the HMs onto the actual team instead of having random HM slaves I need to take out whenever I need to use Whirlpool or Waterfall or whatever. Thus it could be something like...

Typhlosion (no HMs)
Red Gyarados (Waterfall, Surf) (I hope I won't have to put Whirlpool on him too; I doubt they'll make Whirlpool an HM again since it's all going to be compatible with D/P/Pt, but I guess maybe?)
Raikou (maybe Rock Climb?)
Skarmory (Fly, Cut?)
Weavile (Strength, Rock Smash)
Butterfree (no HMs)

...although Weavile should have False Swipe and I don't want it to be bogged down with useless moves. Eh, I'll figure it out.

Back
Top Bottom