• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

HeartGold And SoulSilver

So I get back from vacation and, woah, more HG/SS news!

Yes, I was hoping they'd throw Eusine in even though he was Crystal-only.

You can now register two items. All of my dreams have come true.

The new Azalea gym is pretty cool!

You can capture Pokemon with Pokewalk? That makes it a bit more interesting to me.

:D this game makes me very happy.

Oh yeah, registereing two items. That's a huge help.
If only they'd implemented that in Platinum. crap with always thinking I have the Vs. Seeker registered when it's the bike...

Shoot, I'd have the Super Rod registered. If I came by a body of water and felt like fishing up a Corsola, I wouldn't have to dig through my bag. I'd just tap the screen and be on my merry way.

Wow. Amazing. O-O

Totodile looks so cute! Another reason for me to get it :)

Now I REALLY wish I knew where to preorder this thing. It's so cool :D Not like no one else thinks that. Hee hee!

Everything looks fabulous. I will definitely be preordering it when it comes to North America.

Soul Silver, Totodile, Lugia! The G/S/C games were the BEST! They had all sorts oof new features including one that hasn't been done till now, two regions in one game pack.

Hey, you know what I realized, there's a pattern in the games:

2 regions, comes out with another with two versions, 1st region remake, 3rd game for 3rd region, new region with two games, a third game for the 4th region, 2nd region remake, new region with 2 new games, 3rd region remake, the 3rd game for the 5th region, etc. Soon they'll make remakes of remakes!

I'm kinda hoping that Heart Gold and Soul Silver will be Kanto's Swan Song. They just need to go all out on it. Sure, I love Kanto just as much as the next guy(Forget Hoen and those damned Water Routes), but after being in all 4 generations, it needs to be retired.

And no more remakes. RSE were great, but they don't have the same nostalgia as Johto, and they are still perfectly playable.

Serebii.net said:
In The Games Department

Pokémon Heart Gold & Soul Silver - Johto Dex Details

Some new Johto Dex numbers for Growlithe and Lapras have been revealed via the PokéFesta demo in Japan. These numbers disprove the theory that the Johto Dex Order completely matches the order from the original Gold & Silver games as they are both of a higher number than they were in those games. These Pokémon and their numbers have been added to the page. Click the picture to go to the page.

Addition of 4th gen evolutions added to Johto dex?

Shining Eevee said:
Do I think the Pokedex will change? Probably not. In FR/LG (I'm basing a lot of speculation on those two) none of the new evolutions such as Blissey and Crobat appeared in the 'Dex (or were even obtainable in-game) until you got the National Dex. So this is just a guess, but that's probably what they're going to do here.

Kabigon said:
I do truly hope they put more replay value in HG/SS.

The originals kept me playing for a while but once everyone hit level 100 after fighting Red everyday then I got a little bored.

Maybe some more darn Wi-Fi features or maybe a Battle Frontier.

Does anyone think the Pokédex will change though? You know. To match all the pre evos/evolutions of all the Johto Pokémon? Half of me says no and half of me says yes.

Shining Eevee said:
I too want a legit Jirachi. Or a Jirachi at all, considering how I've never bothered with hacking. The box art is awesome btw, but that's because I'm easily pleased.

Whether or not to get HeartGold or SoulSilver is a bit tricky. I like Silver's version exclusives more (though they could change them slightly, like in FR/LG), but I like Ho-Oh and Lugia pretty much equally. The decision between Groudon and Kyogre is a lot easier - Kyogre - but he's in HeartGold. So I really don't know.

Do I think the Pokedex will change? Probably not. In FR/LG (I'm basing a lot of speculation on those two) none of the new evolutions such as Blissey and Crobat appeared in the 'Dex (or were even obtainable in-game) until you got the National Dex. So this is just a guess, but that's probably what they're going to do here.

Kabigon said:
But there was also no breeding system in the game yet until after the Elite Four. Items could be traded in the game after it. Remember how all the new evolutions were getting ready to evolve then just stopped?

Well you can't exactly do that with an egg.

Shining Eevee said:
Yes, but the only baby Pokemon that come from Johto/Kanto Pokemon and aren't in G/S/C can only be bred from incense. Even if you were to obtain one of the incenses, they could easily prevent incenses from influencing the outcome of the egg until you got the National Dex. For instance, if I were to breed an Azumarill holding a Sea Incense (...that is the one, right?), then it would still hatch as a Marill rather than Azurill unless I had the National Dex.

That's just how I think they'll do it.

Nevermind the fact that it would suck. DX

That didn't even make sense.

superyoshi8888 said:
I don't think you'll be able to get incenses till after that Nat dex, which includes trading em over from D/P.

TAKE THAT EEVEE AND YOSHI!

>:D

Last edited:
Like I said, Serebii said the Johto Dex has changed, therefor the chance of the evo/pre-evos being added in are over 9000 rather likely. Just saying since last time I posted it was ignored because it was last post of last page ><

Btw I see what you did thar.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom