• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Homestuck Mafia 4: The Generic Version [Town Win]

M&F

tikitok
Pronoun
any
Twelve young humans/trolls/lurkers/whatever decided to play a fun game of sburb/sgrub/scrub/whatever. Little did they know, it was bound to take a turn for the worse.

72 hours for night actions.

(just this once -- nights after this one will have a standard 48-hour limit)

Last edited:
Re: Homestuck Mafia 4: The Generic Version [N0]

I haven't received most of the actual night action PMs yet. There are reasons and all, and I don't feel like modkilling everybody, so, 24-hour time extension.

Re: Homestuck Mafia 4: The Generic Version [N0]

(I still didn't get some of the night actions, but I did get the important PMs, so, I guess I'll let it slide)

The going was rough for the brave twelve. They would soon find that their session was all but doomed to failure, and wound up stuck in a laboratory within The Veil.

And to make things worse, they were going to commence dropping like flies.

Superbird had been casually wandering the laboratory when he stumbled across Mai, covered in slashes and, to great contrast of its mythological role, not breathing. He hoped that it was just ketchup or grub sauce or whatever substance he was supposed to mistake it for, but he could tell from a distance that it was blood.

Horrified, the first upon the scene contacted two of friends, both of whom were heavily skeptical at first but soon realized it was all happening for real. Word spread fast. There were attempts at revival, but since all the dreamsevles had been lost already, the corpsesmooching was in vain.

Those who were closer to the killed wanted to bring the killer to justice by any means, even if it meant more deathes. However, first, one would have to discover the author of the deed.

Mai, the Maid of Breath, is dead. It was innocent.

48 hours for discussion.

Re: Homestuck Mafia 4: The Generic Version [D1]

Oh nooo it was my client!

It feels like this is the first game I've seen in a while where someone actually died the first night. I don't play all that much Mafia, though. Disappointing to hear that people are already not sending in their night actions--participate, guys! Much more fun that way.

Not a lot we can do here unless anybody has any leads...

Yeah, it's refreshing to have an actual kill, so everyone isn't just standing around and going "wtf" and the GM doesn't have to make some cheesy flavor text about how everyone was searching for the Mafia without previous indication that there was a Mafia in the first place.

I'm just trying to think of what role we could have lost! Breath... hm, perhaps a role-blocker or something? Inspector? Bleh. It's not a very easy one to guess at. :[

Randomizer, maybe? The windy thing blowing stuff everywhere, etc. Possibly even doctor if you're going with the breath = life/revitalization thing. That would suck.

Then again, my powers don't follow all that obviously from my title, so we might not be able to get much out of trying to analyze them.

Ah, I didn't think of a party host-esque role!

... But then my title isn't particularly related to my power either. WELL that's probably not any use, but with one innocent dead there isn't a huuuge amount to comment on other than our Mafia is likely active. Or we have a trigger-happy vig, I guess, but that's not a particularly likely scenario.

I have no night action. :/
Well, I'm only directing that at people who do, but then didn't use it (for reasons other than strategic ones, that is), of course.

I don't know if we should be giving up our signs that easily; my server player has a power that works based on knowing sign/abstractus/title for a player. It was never resolved, but in TVTropes there was believed to be a killer who could only target players who had revealed their "titles"; there could easily be roles doing similar things in this game. So I would treat your sign, abstractus, etc. as information as privileged as your role... it might benefit a player with a positive information-gathering role, but it also might make you a target for an information-based killer, if there's one out there.

I'm a rabbit! :33

Brotally the Prince of Heart.

OH MY GOD im not dead yet PRAISE...

who's the g--oh yes.

PRAISE JEGUS.

With that said, I'm going to say right here and right now that I do not have a night action. But for the reasons Negrek mentioned, it would be unwise of me to reveal my title.

In regards to Mai's death. I think it was in a game where I was Mafia, but that game is over now and the Mafia then and I were discussing how Mai is one of the most talkative and helpful players yet always survives a long time. We agreed on that much. So, lemme dig that up real quick...

...and if he's anywhere close to being the same as that game, I'll have to see Chief Zackrai's alibi. Not voting to lynch anyone yet, but this might be a lead. Either that or it's someone else who had a similar idea—or a randykill or something.

Oh, and at least we know that the Mafia is one of those who sent in their night actions. I'd have to check, but I don't think MetFan is the randomizing type.

Gonna keep my sign secret for now I think.

But yeah I'm gonna agree with Superbird; the killer is probably someone who's been in a game with Mai before. But overall I don't think we have any other leads at this time. Too bad, le sigh.

(also is it bad i made a trollself for this game)

(it probably is)

I'm pretty sure just abøut everybødy has had a game with Mai at øne pøint ør anøther.

In regards to Mai's death. I think it was in a game where I was Mafia, but that game is over now and the Mafia then and I were discussing how Mai is one of the most talkative and helpful players yet always survives a long time. We agreed on that much. So, lemme dig that up real quick...

...and if he's anywhere close to being the same as that game, I'll have to see Chief Zackrai's alibi. Not voting to lynch anyone yet, but this might be a lead. Either that or it's someone else who had a similar idea—or a randykill or something.

Hint: I'm not Mafia. That was that once, because her string of night one deaths was going on then anyway, and I figured it would be inconspicuous. Didn't we win that one? I do too many games.

My guess would be mafia randykill or similar idea. And before I suggest the mafia is well versed in this, could be newbies who read old threads.

Back
Top Bottom