• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

If you had a Pokemon Gym...

Ghost, just because that way I can have ghosts randomly phase out of the walls or something and the trainers have to battle them. Of course, there'd be trainers too. I probably wouldn't bother setting up traps or puzzles or anything, but it would get steadily darker as they approached my room, and there'd be a trainer on the leader's podium blocking the door to me. A few turns in the pathway, to save space mostly but also so nobody will realise it's going to get darker, so they won't get it when we sell flashlights at the door and might have to turn back. Hah.

Other than the random ghosts terrorising everyone, there'll be trainers at irregular intervals (some with night goggles or whatever, so challengers have no warning). Some might be stalking around as if they shouldn't be there.

Behind each of the fixed trainers there are healing machines to be nice, and they sell flashlights/lanterns at increasing prices. Also, the flashlights are collectible or something so maybe I'll get extra money that way >D And since they don't come with good batteries, the flashlights might run out, and...

...yeah so. Teams and stuff.

Random pokemon (all captured so there aren't last-minute additions to a challenger's team): duskull, gastly, haunter, misdreavus, and shuppet.

Bug Catcher (double battle): ninjask, spiritomb

Junior trainer #1: froslass

Other junior trainers (pick one to three): duskull, dusclops, haunter, misdreavus, mismagius, shuppet, banette

Fake gym leader:
Dusclops
Haunter
Haunter
Rotom

After getting through the door they're surrounded by a bunch of sableye and a dusknoir in a rectangular room with a hallway leading out of it. They act threateningly but don't attack unless the trainers do, in which case it's sort of a free-for-all. Past that, there's a room with a curious-looking Old Keystone under a spotlight, and anyone who steps into the light to observe is promptly challenged by a lone spiritomb. Any of those battles can be run from, though.

(Yeah. This wouldn't work in the usual game setting. So pokemon won't be restricted to four moves, either.)

A long, narrow hallway with only the occasional torch leads around, back near the beginning, and up or down some stairs (it doesn't really matter) to a slightly brighter room with me in it.

Team:
Drifblim (definitely with Aftermath)
Haunter
Gengar
Sableye
and then randomly switching between shedinja, banette, dusknoir, or spiritomb. Just to mix things up a little. Might use none, one, or two of 'em.

Also, recordings of screams are randomly played through the halls from one of the speakers, or cries of pain or whispers. Explosions, maybe, or gunshots. Low-level zubat or spinarak might go around, not prone to attacking and going unnoticed for the most part; they'll be wild but looked after. So they might end up pretty comfortable with humans.

If I manage to irritate or terrify challengers into leaving, I'll be content since I'll be on the computer the whole time and be surprised to see anyone coming through.

... after all that they deserve both a Shadow Ball and Shadow Claw TM, though they only get to choose one. Haha. And they get a measly sum of money because all of it is spent on the gym and I don't get many challengers, having tried to deter them from approaching me. Oh, yeah, and a badge.

If I'm upstairs I drop a rope ladder to let them climb to somewhere really close to the entrance (which, before, simply looked like a short narrow hallway with a turn that leads to a small shrine); if I'm downstairs, I prop up a sturdier ladder and they can climb to a similar area. They can choose that or go back the way they came. If they show their badge from the shrine attendant (who has a marowak, and may challenge people who come the wrong way), they can get back to me via the shortcut.

I'd have a Fire/Dragon type gym.

Trainer1:
Shelgon
Monferno

Trainer2:
Gabite
Houndour
Dragonair

Trainer3:
Vibrava
Charmeleon
Torkoal
Alteria

My team:
Flygon
Charizard
Dragonair
Quilava
Kingdra
Blaziken

Theme:Cool pokemon
Trainer 1:
Luxio
Riolu
Gible
Gabite
Trainer 2:
Piplup
Chimchar
Turtwig
Bulbasaur
Charmander
Squirtle
Trainer3
Lapras
Gabite
Dragonair
Lucario
Trainer4
Gible
Gible
Gible
Trainer5
Riolu
Riolu
Lucario
Leader:
Registeel
Regice
Giratina
Garchomp
Metagross
Solrock

Oh, another:

Psychic:

Trainer 1:

Abra | Lv. 14 | M | Synchronize
Teleport, Hidden Power

Drowzee | Lv. 17 | M | Insomnia
Headbutt, Confusion, Disable, Hypnosis

Trainer 2:

Exeggcute | Lv. 16 | M | Chlorophyll
Leech Seed, Reflect, Hypnosis, Barrage

Ralts | Lv. 19 | F | Trace
Confusion, Lucky Chant, Double Team, Teleport

Trainer 3:

Kadabra | Lv. 20 | M | Inner Focus
Disable, Confusion, Kinesis, Hidden Power

Trainer 4:

Kirlia | Lv. 20 | M | Synchronize
Lucky Chant, Double Team, Confusion, Safeguard

Bronzor | Lv. 23 | X | Levitate
Extrasensory, Confuse Ray, Imprison, Tackle

Trainer 5:

Wobbuffet | Lv. 25 | M | Shadow Tag
Counter, Mirror Coat, Safeguard, Destiny Bond

Leader:

Alakazam | Lv. 31 | M | Synchronize
Psychic, Disable, Miracle Eye, Kinesis

Espeon | Lv. 30 | F | Synchronize
Swift, Confusion, Bite, Calm Mind

Gallade | Lv. 33 | M | Steadfast
Psycho Cut, Swords Dance, Slash, Night Slash

Metagross | Lv. 31 | X | Clear Body
Pursuit, Metal Claw, Confusion, Magnet Rise

Slowbro | Lv. 32 | M | Own Tempo
Disable, Yawn, Confusion, Headbutt

Grass-type!

Lv. 50 Oddish (Chlorophyll)
Acid, Mega Drain, PoisonPowder, Stun Spore

Lv. 48 Jumpluff (Leaf Guard)

Mega Drain, U-Turn, Bounce, Synthesis

Lv. 51 Bellsprout (Chlorophyll)

Acid, Knock Off, Gastro Acid, Razor Leaf

Lv. 53 Exeggutor (Chlorophyll)

Seed Bomb, Stomp, Egg Bomb, Confusion

Oh yeah, puzzles:

Dragon: Find your way through the maze and jump over the chasms by walking onto a jump tile, which launches you across so you can advance

Psychic: Correctly predict whether the dice will land on an odd or an even number when you move across teleporters. If you predict wrongly, you get teleported back to the entrance, and if you predict correctly, then you will be allowed to advance.

I would lead a Psychic type gym that is unlocked after beating the elite four as an extra chalange. My TM would be Calm Mind. There would be a hard puzzle that only smart people could solve. The following pokemon would be used by the junior trainers Abra, Ralts, Natu and Eevee!!! All the gym leaders pokemon [etc me] have been EV trained unlike most gyms.
They have been all EV trained with 252 Spd/252 Sp Att/6 HP EV spreads.

My team would be:

Psychic Cathy
Brain Badge [the puzzle is hard...]
Reward: Calm Mind TM & 2008 pokedollars [he he]
Mew
Azelf
Gallade
Gardevoir
Espeon

Isn't it great.

From EeveeSkitty [this is really annoying, isn't it]

From EeveeSkitty [this is really annoying, isn't it]
Yes.

Poison/Ghost lategame gym. Puzzle would be a Seafoam Islands-style puzzle because everyone hates those. Muk / Ditto / Gengar / Drifblim / Weezing / Spiritomb

I'd probably have a tritype gym, with three levels of puzzle. The surroundings match the three types I use. My trainers would use purely that type on that floor. My puzzle would probably be like a more difficult version of the trick master's house. Lateish Gym.

Tri-type gym; Grass, Ice and Psychic.

Pokémon, in order;

Leafeon
Lapras
Lapras
Slowbro
Grovyle
Espeon

I'd probably have a flying type gym, which has some sort of maze with moving arrows.
The trainers in the gym would have Staravia, Natu, Pidgeotto, Swablu, Spearow, and Fearow

Badge: Sky Badge
TM: Aerial Ace
My Pokemon would be:

Staraptor
Altaria
Crobat
Xatu
Drifblim
Pelipper

I have always liked the idea of a Dark-type Gym (Omen Badge) but would also consider semi or fully Fire, Ghost, and maybe Psychic or Dragon or even a little Steel. Would like an atmospheric, enigmatic gym, probably no underlings but a puzzle that is actually interesting, though I haven't made one up yet.

Yes, I am aware that my type choices are terribly unoriginal.

I'd be the Pokemon League Champion of my made-up region of Nijen!

I'd have mixed types!

My Pokemon:

Barracrude (Water/Dark Sharpedo Evo, based off a barracuda)
Rhyperior
Mega Mime (Psychic Mr. Mime evo)
Luxray (now Electric/Light)
Hanumad (Fighting Primeape evo)
Skarmory

I'd go for a flying gym with moving, floating platforms for the contenders to send flightless pokemon onto. Of course, there would be no roof, so flying types could take the battle upwards. A fog machine would create a fog-section near the top of the arena for flying types to hide in, should they need to dodge attacks.
The puzzle for the gym would be based upon identification of bird pokemon by viewing only a sample of its body e.g. beak, talons, feathers, silhouettes. Solving a puzzle activates a floating platform's power, so you can make your way to the trainer's platform.

As for the lower-level trainers within the gym, each would specialize with Pokemon that all have the same secondary type. For example:

Trainer 1: Butterfree, Masquerain, Ledian, Mothim

Trainer 2: Pidgeotto, Noctowl, Swellow, Staravia

Trainer 3: Mantine, Pelipper

Trainer 4: Jumpluff, Tropius

Then the gym leader would have a nicely versatile mix of double types, including a part dragon type (either Dragonite, Altaria or Salamence - NOT Rayquaza, for obv reasons) to act as the focus pokemon that all trainers want to battle and beat when challenging the gym.
The trainers would be put on moving platforms (like the commentator's box in the 7th movie) so they can fly around any part of the arena.

Challengers would win the Aerial Badge which allows them to use Fly out of battle :)
Other rewards would include the TM for Roost and a pokemon egg with a random flying type inside.

Last edited:
I would have a Flying/Dragon gym because there is no dragon gym that I can remember and I love the bird pokemon and flying bugs and things that fly. To get to the gym there would be an escalator thing (Like the ones in the Elite 4) that take you up high to a floating platform with a gym on it. Inside the gym would be a purple fog and platforms without a floor and random elevators that take you to many different floors. The gym leader would be on the top floor of the gym in a purple room with a red carpet and a high platform where I will be standing, the person in the gym would have to press a button on the first floor to activate a ramp to get up to me. The person talks to me and I tell him/her to follow into an elevator where we travel to a high hight with a battle arena shrouded in white fog. If they defeat me they will get a badge that looks like a light blue dragon wing to be called as the air badge. I will give them the TM Brave bird and allow them to use fly out of battle and when you exit the gym with a really long elevator down to the main elevator and entrance and you exit to be greeted by someone (Cynthia maybe) who found an odd egg, the egg will carry a Latios and then the plot comes in for an epic tail thing. (Yes I created a game idea when I was bored and it does include Latios and Latias)

Trainer 1:
Gyrados
Staravia
Gabite
Drifblim
Chatot
Yanmega

Trainer 2:
Beedrill
Butterfree
Beautifly
Ninjask
Vespiquen
Mothim

Trainer 3:
Farfetch'd
Dragonite
Dragonite
Dragonair
Glingar
Murkrow

Trainer 4:
Gabite
Crobat
Gibble
Garchomp
Noctowl
Dodrio

Trainer 5:
Swablu
Dragonight
Arodayctal (sp?)
Yanma
Ledian
Kingdra

Trainer 6:
Flygon
Salamence
Garchomp
Fearow
Delibird
Mantine

Me:
Alteria
Skarmory
Articuno
Swellow
Latias
Pidgeot

w/o legendaries
Articuno = Scyther
Latias = Tropiouse

Last edited:
I change now. I now have a Fire/Water/Psychic gym with the Glow badge. I might add more later. It's getting late.

From eEVEEsKITTY [caps lock *laughs*]

Mine would be the 8th gym, a muli-type gym. It would be like Blain's in that you could either solve a small puzzle or battle a trianer to get out of each room. There are 7 rooms and the trainers have:

1st room (red):Eevee, Flareon, Arcanine.

2nd room (orange): Eevee, Umbreon, Hitmonchan.(random, I know)

3rd room (yellow): Eevee, Jolteon, Manectric.

4th room (green): Eevee, Leafeon, Bellosom.

5th room (blue): Eevee, Glaceon, Dewgong.

6th room (blue-ish-purple or indego): Eevee, Vaporeon, Manetine.

7th room (purple or violet): Eevee, Espeon, Xatu.

And my team:

Ninetails
Weavile
Luxray
Chirrim
Milotic
Persian

My TM would be hidden power

I'd make the first Dark-type gym; that type is composed of pure win and I'm shocked that Nintendo hasn't made one yet. And they give Rock three gyms, all the very first one. Grr.
I could care less what the other people in the gym use, but my team would likely be changing very much, and I know it's not going to be purely or mainly dark-type. One-type teams are boring, with the exception of monotypes.

I would definately do a Ghost-type gym. I would select 4 random Pokemon to battle with. I don't know about the puzzles, but I know that my Pokemon pool would consist of the following:

-Drifloon (3)
-Mismagius
-Duskull
-Rotom (third favorite Pokemon fwee X3)
-Banette
-Gastly
-Froslass
-Shedinja

As well as several from the Marah Region. :D

Back
Top Bottom