• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

If you had a Pokemon Gym...

A Dark gym. My badge would be the Moon Bagde(looks like a crescent moon)
The gym would be all dark and you would see more of it for every trainer you defeated, kinda like Brawly's gym.

The other trainers would use:
Sneasel
Houndour/Houndoom
Mightyena
Murkrow
Nuzleaf/Shiftry
Carvanha/Sharpedo

Me:

Weavile lv 50
Houndoom lv 48
Absol lv 47
Umbreon lv 49
Honchkrow lv 48
Skuntank lv 49

For some reason, I really feel Dark type would be the gym for me :P I can't think of a team, but... Dark type just... felt right.

I'd have a Fire/Dragon/Steel type Gym, because I just can't pick between my three fave types. All my underlings would be a mixture of Fire-type users, Dragon-type users and Steel-type users. When the challenger got to me, I'd use Lucario, Garchomp, Charizard, Houndoom, Salamence and Magnezone.

Badge... I dunno about that. Maybe just an ordinary round one with my face on :3

I think mine would be alot like Blue's (or was it Green?) Kanto gym in G/S/C. No minor trainers. Nothing between me and my opponent except for deadly traps! Maybe not deadly, more like brain wracking puzzles. Yeah, that'd be cool. After receiving riddles from the guy at the beginning, my opponent have to solve several stressful puzzles that answer's would relate to the clues he'd receive earlier. Then at the end, he's take the ultimate test other than battling me. If he passed, he'd move on to the gymnasium where he'd face me. If he'd fail he'd face a new set of challenges.

In order to get my gym's badge, the challenger would have to defeat me in a battle and amaze the audience just like those Contest battles in the anime.
He'd have to face this team:
Ninetales
Mismagius
Espeon
Umbreon
Crobat
Alakazam

If he defeated me, he'd earn the Essence Badge, rights to challenge the Elite Four, and a punch in the face from me.

And it's the only gym that's not made yet. It's existed for 3 generations and not made a gym for? That's a shame, really. DARK GYM IN GEN 5!

Hell yeah, they need one.

This is for one of my favorite characters on the fic I'm writing.

Ghost/Dark Gym, it looks like Pokemon Tower, with Chanellers and Ninjas/Ninja Boys(though they use Poison types) as junior trainers. Ever played FireRed/LeafGreen? The Leader is on the place where Fuji was.

Leader Alison
Pokemon: Absol, Houndoom, Skuntank, Mismagius, Dusknoir, Gengar

I would probably have one of three gyms

Dragon:

Trainer 1:

Bagon | Lv. 27 | M | Rock Head
Ember, Focus Energy, Headbutt, Leer

Dratini | Lv. 27 | F | Shed Skin
Agility, Slam, Dragon Rage, Twister

Trainer 2:

Trapinch | Lv. 29 | M | Arena Trap
Sand Tomb, Faint Attack, Sand Attack, Bite

Gible | Lv. 28 | M | Sand Veil
Dragon Claw, Slash, Sand Tomb, Take Down

Trainer 3:

Shelgon | Lv. 31 | M | Rock Head
Protect, Ember, Focus Energy, Headbutt

Trainer 4:

Vibrava | Lv. 30 | M | Levitate
Sand Tomb, Faint Attack, Sand Attack, Sandstorm

Dragonair | Lv. 32 | F | Shed Skin
Agility, Slam, Dragon Rage, Safeguard

Trainer 5:

Altaria | Lv. 35 | F | Natural Cure
Dragonbreath, Take Down, Mist, Refresh

Leader:

Dragonite | Lv. 55 | M | Inner Focus
Wing Attack, Safeguard, Aqua Tail, Dragon Claw

Salamence | Lv. 53 | M | Intimidate
Fire Fang, Headbutt, Zen Headbutt, Protect

Flygon | Lv. 52 | F | Levitate
Screech, Dragon Claw, Earthquake, Faint Attack

Kingdra | Lv. 53 | M | Sniper
Hydro Pump, Dragon Dance, Facade, Agility

Garchomp | Lv. 56 | M | Sand Veil
Dragon Claw, Slash, Crunch, Earthquake

I have to go right now so I'll do the other two later :3

Dark or Ghost or Dragon. Or all of them. >3 (Hey, who can resist dragon)

The gym would be a maze, a actually hard one, covered with fog. Or it would be like Flannery's Gym, or like Turnback cave (I love Turnback cave xD). The color themes of the gym would be Dark gray, red, and Dark turquoise

The trainers would be Hex Ladies. Hooray! (Wat?)

The pokemon used by the gym trainers would be some of these

Haunter
Gastly
Mismagius
Spiritomb
Sableye
Mightyena
Shelgon
Vibrava
Gabite

My pokemon would be

Spiritomb
Flygon
Altaria
Drapion
Weavile
Dusknoir

Woot

Hmm. I'd have a hard time between Ghost, Ice, and Dark, because they are very interesting types. And I don't know what kind of trainers would be in the gym. And of course I would be the last gym.

Dark
Umbreon lvl 50
Honchkrow lvl 48
Sableye lvl 46
Shiftry lvl 48
Absol lvl 49

Ghost
Mismagius lvl 49
Dusknoir lvl 48
Banette lvl 49
Gengar lvl 45
Spiritomb lvl 50

Ice:
Regice lvl 48
Froslass lvl 47
Glaceon lvl 50
Abombasnow lvl 47
Mamoswine lvl 49

Ice would probably be the strongest since Hail+Snow Cloak+Blizzard = lol

mine would be mix type the leader would have my team

Luxray lv 100 intimidate
discharge
thunder
thunderbolt
return

Blaziken lv 100 blaze
sky uppercut
blaze kick
slash
earthquake

Rayquaza lv 100 air lock (i think)
thunderbolt
ice beam
dragon claw
fly

Charizard lv 100 blaze
flame thrower
heat wave
dragon claw
fly

Flygon lv 100 levitate
draco metor
dragon claw
dig
fly

Swampert lv 100 torrent
surf
earthquake
waterfall
strength

this is my team ^^

I'd have a gym in Mt. Silver (cause I'm rich like that) with a lot of puzzles, and as many trainers as I could possibly get from every single game.

A "section" for each type, with "floors" to indicate level range and even "events" that involve a criminal organization from each game.

The puzzles would be fiendishly difficult, of course and my own personal puzzle would involve the challenger to go all the way back down to the first floor to get something, then come back.

And when you finally get to the last floor, you'll get the Legendary Marathon!

My team:

Smeargle x 6

Last edited:
I'll probably get a flying or steel gym. With insanely hard puzzles that nobody can get past so I can just sit back and relax with my awesome Skarmory while laughing evilly and drinking tea. If a trainer manages to get past my evil gym puzzle, then I'll pretend that I'm a passer-by trainer also trying to find the gym leader. And somehow trick the challenger to get lost in my awesome-rific gym again. Then magically disappear with a trapdoor that only I can get into.

I'll probably be fired by the league if I actually do that though...

I would have a Dark/Fire type Gym with Double Battles. The challenger would have put out flames (not real ones, but hot. not too hot, though.) in anyway possible within a time limit. If they fail, they face a Trainer. The trainers are Ace trainers and Battle Girls/ Blackbelts. There are 5 floors. On my floor, the Trainer would have to pick a passage with all 3 of them covered in black flames. If you pick the wrong one, you must start again. here's my Gym leader roster.

Gym Leader: Kriisa

Pokemon: Houndoom LV. 70~ Ability: Flash fire
Moves: Iron Tail, Shadow Ball, Flamethrower, Thunder Fang

Umbreon LV.68~ Ability: Syncronize
Moves: Psychic, Toxic, Moonlight, Shadow Ball

Weavile LV.68~ Ability: (I forgot? Hee.)
Moves: Metal Claw, Dark Pulse, Ice Beam, Night Slash

Flareon LV.69~ Ability: Flash Fire
Moves: Dig, Flamethrower, Fire Fang, Return

Mightyena LV.70~ Ability: Intimidate
Moves: Assurance, Facade, Dark Pulse, Payback

Ninetales LV. 69~ Ability: Flash Fire
Moves: Iron Tail, Fire Blast, Heat Wave, Energy Ball

The way I team my Pokemon up will be different each time, so prepare to perish, challengers! *evil laugh* My badge would be the Fire Moon badge. The badge is a full moon in the color of flames.

I'd have a Dark-type Gym (there hasnt been one.) My lineup would be Mightyena, Houndoom, Honchcrow, Spiritomb, Umbreon, and Tyranitar.

Yeah, I'd have an awesome DRAGON gym. It would be a final gym thing after the elite four.

The trainers would use: (lvl 60-75 lvl pokemon)

Flygons
Salamences
Garchomps
Gyradoses
Charizards

And I would have:

Aerodactyl ~level 79
Stone Edge
Aerial Ace
Dragon Claw
Earthquake

Dragonite: ~level 80
Outrage
Fly
Earthquake
Hyper Beam

Charizard ~level 81
Flamethrower
Fly
Earthquake
Dragon Claw

Salamence ~level 82
Earthquake
Fire Blast
Dragon Claw
Aerial Ace

Kingdra ~level 83
Surf
Dragonbreath
Ice Beam
Toxic

Lucario ~level 85 [ I know its not a dragon! But hey, Giovanni had a Persian in yellow. SO I GET A LUCARIO!]
Flash Cannon
Calm Mind
Aura Sphere
Dragon Pulse

I'd like my Gym to have some sort of jungle theme, using the types Grass and Bug. It would be the sixth gym, because that feels right. For defeating me you would get the TM for X-Scissor or Energy Ball and the Gym Badge.

Trainer 1
Carnivine lv35
Crunch, Razor Leaf, Sleep Powder, Swords Dance

Trainer 2
Beedrill lv20
Beedrill lv20
Beedrill lv20
Beedrill lv20
Twineedle, Brick Break, Toxic, Aerial Ace
Vespiquen lv31
Heal Order, Defend Order, Attack Order, Power Gem

Trainer 3
Scyther lv30 (Technician)
X-Scissor, Wing Attack, Slash, Swords Dance
Roselia lv30 (Poison Point)
Giga Drain, Toxic Spikes, Leech Seed, Sludge Bomb

Leader: Sketchy Galore
Yanmega lv33 (Speed Boost)
Hyposis, U-Turn, Signal Beam, Ancientpower

Shuckle lv30
Stealth Rock, Stone Edge, Toxic, Encore

Parasect lv35 (Effect Spore)
X-Scissor, Spore, Aromatherapy, Light Screen

Venusaur lv39
Sludge Bomb, Leech Seed, Sleep Powder, Energy Ball

I would have a... Fire gym. The whole thing would appear to be deep and complex, but actually be rather simple, though I'd still make challengers fight all the trainers. It'd be full of things that seem to do something important but don't. This is because I've always hated gyms where it's extremely annoying to get back to the leader. >:C And there would have to be fiery stuff everywhere. Or it's not quite a fire-type gym.
There would be a whole lot of trainers, because I'm lazy. Gentlemen with Growlithes, Gamers and PIs (they both look cool), a burglar that runs away as soon as he gets beat because he's not actually part of my gym, a painter with Smeargle that have sketched fire moves, a Team Magma grunt, kindlers of course, lasses, and super nerds.
My Pokemon would be:
Flareon
Magmar
Houndoom
Solrock
Torkoal

So...Many...Pokemon I like...In many different types...
I'd have an Eeveelution gym!
My team!(I have to cut one off,plus Eevee won't be in there,so my least favorite will be gone)

Umbreon | Lv. 71 | F |Synchronize
Shadowball, Moonlight, Dark Pulse, Protect

Espeon | Lv. 69 | M |Synchronize
Morning Sun, Psychic, Attract, Protect

Glaceon | Lv. 65 | F | Snow Cloak
Blizzard, Ice Fang, Avalanche, Protect

Jolteon | Lv. 67 | M | Volt Absorb
Thunder, Thunder Fang, Charge Beam, Protect

Vaporeon | Lv. 63 | M | Water Absorb
Hydro Pump, Brine, Aurora Beam, Protect

Flareon | Lv. 62 | M | Flash Fire
Fire Blast, Fire Blast, Sunny Day, Protect