• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Listening to the Radio is Piracy

I don't need another reason to want to physically harm RIAA lawyers and executives! (and monetary damage, I assume)

They're down there with the Catholic Church for the "worst organization ever" title.

...*Catholic*

ANYWAY.

Wow. Just wow.

Yeah, you're gonna sue me for singing "1000 Words," "Atashi no Kokoro," and "Honto no Jibun?" Good luck with that.

Ah.

Then they'll sue me for playing my iPod and singing endless Cartel songs? Good luck with that. ^^

Oh, well it's good they caught it that early! I mean, radio's only been around for what, roughly ninety years? Looking forward to the clamping of that bastard television in half a century!

I guess it would depend on if you "legally" obtained the songs or not.

D:< It isn't "legal" unless you rip it from a CD, wait..no they don't like that...buy it from an online distribution service - oh wait they don't /always/ have DRM and we aren't profiting enough, so we don't like that either..... We, the RIAA, want you to only listen to music stored on vinyl discs. Anything else is what is killing the music industry.

D:< It isn't "legal" unless you rip it from a Cd, wait..no they don't like that...buy it from an online distribution service - oh wait they don't /always/ have DRM and we aren't profiting enough, so we don't like that either..... We, the RIAA, want you to only listen to music stored on vinyl discs. Anything else is what is killing the music industry.
You can buy a CD and play it in the CD player - but only certain approved CD players, because some of them are EVIL!

I actually bought a record player and some records and I think it has much better sound quality than CDs.

This is so stupid. I like to listen to the radio, even if they only play the same old songs. It lets me know what's popular right now and sometimes they'll play a good song and it's all good. What's the deal with this? First it was online radio that was the scourge of all music, now regular radio is the evil mastermind?

D< I am not pleased.

We are the RIAA. Lower your firewalls and surrender to DRM. We will add your creative and audiovisual distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.

I HATE the RIAA. Copyright was not designed so that you could keep it as "your precious", locked up for all eternity.

...Was there any need for that? Really?

they ARE pretty bad, you ever listened to what the Pope mumbles for daily garbage? i pretty much think that the radio would be better than listening to the pope

though the sound of a screw being drilled into my head is infinitely preferable over both

Heh, there was an article about the RIAA in my newspaper's Reality page.

Then I turned the page and there was an article about how Pokemon wouldn't die. YAY!

On the opposite side, there was an article by some girl about Idina Menzel in Atlantic City. And she got a picture with her.

Lucky.

We are the RIAA. Lower your firewalls and surrender to DRM. We will add your creative and audiovisual distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.
You will be assimilated. (I had to say it.)

Meh, people do/say stupid things all because they want money. I've seen things as idiotic as this. They're just greedy. Nowadays, everybody's sueing everyone for no reason, just for money. But I wouldn't take this so seriously, there's no way you can sue radio. It's been around for so long and who are they saying all of a sudden that it's "piracy"?

That is so incredibly stupid. Suing radio for piracy? The RIAA needs to take its big fat head out of its ass. X_X

Back
Top Bottom