• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Mafia Idea Center

I don't sign into TCoD as much as I used to! Primarily to check my ASB. This leads to me missing the first two nights of the mafia game I just joined, etc. etc...

So, UCP mafia, hidden roles. Sound good?

SOMEONE USE MY ROLES FOR MY DEAD MAFIA
(below)
I use flavor.
Okami/den Mafia- FlAVOR
Innocents
Amaterasu-Jack of AllTrades- can kill, inspect, roleblock,or heal 1 time each. (kills by using her shield)
Kushi, then Sake Brewer- Roleblock someone by giving them sake.
Susano-Bulletproof(1 time)
Kagu- Can use exorcism slips to kill(if innocent, will heal) or kill with lightning.
Issun - Inspector
Sakuya-Bodyguard.
Chibiterasu- Role absorber
Waka-Oracle
Dr.Redbeard- doctor
Mr Orange- Dance makes someone laugh, can't post.
Mrs.Orange- Heals, but will die if she heals a demon /mafia.

Demons
Akuro- Mafia don, can kill Using fire, ice and lightning.
Yami- If Akuro dies, you will kill using HANDS of DEATH or electric whip.
Nine Tails- If Yami dies, then you will kill using poison or slashes.
Kurow-Will kill using a stab if Nine Tails dies.
Green imp. Goon. Kills by whacking to death.
Yellow Imp- Terrorist.EXPLODING SKULL

Singleton
Thunder child- alien
Um.

Here's an idea I've been having. It may or may not have been done before, but, whatever.

Collective consciousness mafia.

In this game, players don't stay dead. They respawn, brand new (randomly-assined) role in hands. But, the amount of new roles to be assigned is limited. And as such, a faction will lose as soon as they run out of roles (or as soon as a dead player finds themselves unable to respawn for that faction due to their running out of roles).

There's just one little problem in the design: how to handle mafiosi. I could make it so a player can change factions as they respawn (not by a choice of theirs, though), but then a mafioso-turned-innocent would get to rat on their partners, and word restrictions to prevent such are an extremely flimsy and unreliable way of dealing with the problem. Or the players can just remain in their given faction, but then as soon as the players figure out one of the mafiosi, they could repeatedly kill that one mafioso to quickly exhaust the mafia's roles. The third alternative is to go with the first one but having the mafiosi not have factional communication, but that should be avoided unless there's no better solution.

^I like this idea, and I think it should be without faction reveals, but with generic role reveals (e.g. Mafia Don, Serial Killer, and Vigilante would all flip is Vig, ect.)
Also, a single-person third-party, with less used roles like SK and Nexus.

That's actually a pretty cool idea :o

For mafia members, maybe once one mafia member dies all the mafia roles switch to different people? That might get a bit tedious, but it could work. :V?

^I like this idea, and I think it should be without faction reveals, but with generic role reveals (e.g. Mafia Don, Serial Killer, and Vigilante would all flip is Vig, ect.)
Also, a single-person third-party, with less used roles like SK and Nexus.
Limited faction reveals wouldn't quite prevent the problem, since any investigative role would still be able to get mafia reads, and even if they're replaced by role information, there are still roles that would rarely, if ever, be found in town-aligned hands. And yes, I'm planning to have third-party roles in the mix, but I intend for them to come on the same boat as the rest. Incidentally, this opens room for players to win as a certain role but lose as others (e.g. won as a lyncher, died, then respawned as mafia or as a survivor and lost).

That's actually a pretty cool idea :o

For mafia members, maybe once one mafia member dies all the mafia roles switch to different people? That might get a bit tedious, but it could work. :V?
Sounds a tad impractical, considering that the new mafiosi would have to ditch their previous role, which would not only be disappointing if they were enjoying that role, but also, would force town to sacrifice their role reserves everytime they offed a mafioso. Unless the roles ditched in this process were recycled or something. And then there's a degree of bastardization from the fact that an innocent read (or even a mafia read) on somebody other than the offed mafioso will be rendered null as soon as said mafioso is down.

Last edited:
Now, if you made the goal of the game to find out who the Mafia are so you can kill them when they regenerate...

Like, Majora's Mask Mafia...

...holy shit this is the best mafia game ever.

Back
Top Bottom