• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Misreadings and stuff

"Newbies" as "Nwebles" in my defense, I was scrolling down the page really fast.

Well, I was reading some Homestuck forum fanfiction and playing Pokémon Black at the same time, and I had just defeated someone. And I misread "Vullaby got 360 exp. points" as "Vriska got 360 exp. points".

This is not so close to misreading, but I sometimes manage to mess something up unintentionally in my mind. I remember thinking of one of the Twelve Colonies from Battlestar Galactica as Tavron instead of Tauron.

EDIT: Also, I looked at the Forums Home page just a while ago. And instead of "The rules. Read them.", I read "The rules. All of them."

Not really a misreading, but on Facebook I saw that both Lady Gaga and Real Madrid had shared a link. I instantly thought "ARE THEY DOING SOME SORT OF COLLABORATION?" because that would be awesome beyond recognition. But they were just both sharing the same link. Yeah.

Last edited:
I do recall once reading something in the Guestbook as "Get a real name" when it was actually "Get a real game". Must've stayed up too late.

Ok this one is really bad. I was reading about Call of Duty and I read "Nazi zombies" as "Rape Zombies" somehow. I have no idea how. They aren't even close, wtf?

I was watching an episode of some criminal historical documentary series and there was a pub named Huntley & Palmers. I read it as "Huge palmate antlers", presumably because I had recently read an Earth's Children book.

Also, "knock knock" as "honk honk." Homestuck is taking over my mind.

When i win battles in my pokemon game, i missread "Got $___ for winning" as "Got $___ for WHINING" All the time...

"Invited to be honored onstage" as "Invited to be held hostage." 0_0 I've been a complete derp these days.

I misread "cutting off your circulation" as "cutting off your circumcision."

Also I was watching the same movie and managed to mishear "get Percy" as "get pregnant" again, which is completely impossible.

Back
Top Bottom