• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Most heartbreaking moment?

Momo(th)

I swear I'm cool you have to believe me
Pronoun
she
Basically, what was the saddest part in your trainer's lifetime? (If you guys want to, you can also say spin-off games, but please don't start spamming PMD scenes, mainly because they were designed to be sad, while in the main games, it's basically a unique story every time.)
My most heartbreaking momment in pokemon was when I had gold in '06, lost to Red, turned it off to rematch him, AND MY DATA GOT DELETED!!! ARRRGGGHHH!!
Seeing that was my first game file ever, I won't lie when I say I shed a few tears:sad:

I can't think of a single tear jerker moment at all, in all my years of playing. Well, there was that time when I lost an entire gameboy colour, with my gold gamepak still inserted, but that was more of a 'what the hell did I do with that?' moment.

Does that mean I have no soul?

Mystery Dungeon is the one pokemon game I didn't like.

Turn on Gold, look in PC and laugh at the funny names, turn off Gold without saving, turn on Gold a few hours later, presented with choice of "NEW GAME" or "OPTION"

Goddamnit

Blastoise at 10 year old said:
I am now frustrated with what I am doing in the Silver Version I have. I will restart the game and get a totodile for fun and then not save and then get back to my awesome level eighty typhlosion.

Blastoise at 10 years said:
I have to go to the bathroom I had better save.

Blastoise at 10 years said:
Why do I still have a totodi-NOOOOOOOO

I had challenged the Elite four on... I think it was FR.... I can't remember... but anyways I had forgotten to take out my HM slave, a geodude, out of my party. It was like level six and just a slave that I didn't really care for. So anyways I get to Champion's last pokemon and my charizard faints; leaving me with my level six geodude because I'd run out of revives. Luckily the champion's last pokemon, I remember it was a Blastoise, is paralyzed and doesn't attack. The thing has a tiny sliver of HP left, so I attack. I am so expecting to lose the next move and then it can't move AGAIN! So excited I was going to win I attack, and it's HP goes to zero aaaand...

batteries die.

Yeah it sucked.

beating the E4 in HG? I think? then dropping the DS before I got to save and the gamecard moved slightly and it froze. :|

also in lance's room, there's a spot where if you walk close enough the game will automatically make you walk up to him and start the battle. I usually save right in front of people, but the game made me move and I couldn't save! D:

ultraviolet are you my twin

only older

And in Platinum, something very similar to Blastoise.

Mewtini 9 years old said:
HAHAHAHA I GOT GIRATIIINA. Okay now I'm bored, so I will restart my game and get a Chimchar but not save! And then I can go back to my beloved level 92 Empoleon.

Mewtini 9 years said:
I have to go eat. I gotta save.

Mewtini 9 years said:
HELLO EMPOL--why is there a Chi--NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

How could you possibly do that in a fourth-gen game? You have to purposefully delete your old save file before making a new one, right?

I only remember saving, so...

THE ONLY POSSIBLE ANSWER IS THAT SOMEONE DELETED
MY OLD FILE.

YES! I HAVE BEATEN POKEMON BLACK! Now time to catch that Dragonite! *runs into tall grass* I need to get myself a drink. (3 minutes later) Mmm...milkshake! Yes, I spilt the milkshake on my DSi. It froze. I had to start a new game.

Battling Regirock in Ruby, try carefully not to knock it out.
CRITICAL HIT

Forgot to save prior. Gah!

I suddenly think my earlier joking assumption that I have no soul is probably true. Most of these things have happened to me, but I wasn't upset about them. Ever.

I think I need a hug.

I have two specific, and one general one that kinda happens a lot.

1. Fighting Raquaza, and it's goin awesome. Until Raquaza flees. ;_; This was before I believed in saving right before something important.

2. I was playing White. Made a ton of progress, evolved like three pokemon. I remember saving, like three times. An hour or so later, I come back to the game and I WAS BACK LIKE THREE HOURS OF PLAYING. worst. moment. ever. I haven't played White since, because I was so sad and mad at it.

Generic: Nuzlockes, when one of your pokemon dies. Not one of the new ones you're trying to catch up to the rest, one of the tough and reliable ones. I always cry a little on the inside when one of my favorite pokemon dies in Nuzlockes. It's not fun.

Well, I have a few bad ones...

Me, age seven: Yay, Pokemon Crystal! Time to go fight Red - wait. "New game"? No "continue"?! NOOOO, MY TYPHLOSION! FLAAAARE!
Me, a bit later the same day: *sniff* Oh well, I still have Silver... no. NOT THIS ONE TOOOOO!

(Internal battery failure. Two games in one day. WHAT.)

Me, age eight: Hey, cuz, can I have Yellow back please?
Cousin: Sure!
Me: Thanks! ...wait. W-where's my level ninety Pikachu? YOU SAVED OVER IT! NOOOOOOO!

(I've still not completely forgiven her for that one. On the other hand, I now have a legitimate level 100 Mewtwo, so...)

Me, age eleven: Welp, I'm bored, I'll go kick Steven's arse... wait, w-where's Killer? I... AHHHH I SAVED OVER IT! I DIDN'T MEAN TO!

(Sapphire. Level 100 Swampert! Rayquaza in a goddamn Poke Ball!)

When I had my first ever file on my red version. I had cheated with most of my Pokemon and used the rare candy trick to make tons of level 100 stuff. I had traded everything to blue version from red for some reason. Then me and my friend discovered how to clone with a link cable...Somehow when we cloned, we created a Mew. I have no idea but I had a level 92 Mew. So i got it to level 100 and was going to clone it for my friend. So we do, and then I turn my game on and it says, "Game data was corrupted." I nearly shit myself as all my stuff was gone. How sad...

This stuff doesn't happen to me... Since I have an emulator, I can save in the middle of a battle. But sometimes I get Save and Load confused because different emulators have them on different places. So I:
-saved after killing Lugia
-loaded back where I started after training one or two Pokémon from level 40 to level 50. Several times.
-saved on the opening screen (Luckily, nothing extremely important had happened since I saved in the second slot)
And sometimes I just forgot to save after a long time.
But it didn't make me sad. It was more like I was angry at myself, and if I had just lost a lot of progress, I gave up that game for the day.

But as for sad things that happened in-universe, my Azurill's... background in Sapphire might qualify.

This isn't much of a tear jerker, but more of a 'FUUU' moment. I was at the hospital (because of an asthma attack) the very same week that White came out. I decided to bring my DS, but I left it in the van. I was about to win against Iris. A while later, I told my mom to get my DS because it was cold and I needed to get my mind of the cold. When my mom arrived, I saw the screen was black. It turned out that my mom had pressed the game card by accident.

Also, I was playing Yellow on an emulator, and I was trying to do the Mew trick from memory. I mixed it up and saved after beating the Slowpoke youngster. And that is why I haven't opened my Visual Boy Advance in months.

Back
Top Bottom