• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Obsessive Scribblers~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha, thanks guys. xD Yes, inanimate things must suffer from the lack of the mouth. O:

His, and the hair was colored like that. It's my friend's character, so ask her if you want to know why its so spot-licous. xD

STOP POSTING stop posting dammit when I'm not here the thread is supposed to be suspended in time freeeeeze D:

Uh very distracted and will hopefully go click on picturelinks and skim slower later, but v. briefly:

-Hm, I don't mind drawing in front of other people. It's my favorite way to pretend I'm not actually out in public. I don't like them watching me for too long or asking me about it, but that's because any breaches of my personal space bubble are felonies in Phoenixland and I hate talking anyway, especially when it's explaining something that I know they don't care about. Seriously people you don't like Pokémon you don't actually care what I'm drawing don't lie to me and pretend you do it wastes my time D:

-Ooh, group halloweenthing pictures. Can't wait. Would maybe almost attempt to do one but, uh, see below.

Urgh, haven't been able to draw anything other than fake Pokémon lately. When I draw at all. I need to get away from my damn computer. I don't even have time to be obsessed with drawing or reading or video games, that's how bad it is.

But, um, I guess here, have a few. 1 2 3 4 5 6 hey look I can count.

Yes, some of you have seen the first three before. I redid them so that they failed less. The shading was crap in the old ones and the next time I expect to use my artwork as renders/stock I must remember to actually clean up the lineart. Ugh.

Not that the fact that I only draw fakes these days is entirely bad. dA people pay attention to you when you make up pokeymans, apparently. *shrug*

um and

Name: King Henry VIII
Favorite Subjects: apparently fake Pokémon, but also not-fake ones, animals, dragons, humans/humanoids that never see the light of day
Characters: none, really
Type(s) of Graphic Medium used: pencils, pens, Photoshop, the occasional colored pencil explosion
Art Url(s):

art thread no one cares about (including me, hence the lack of updates... actually, I've kind of abandoned the art forum for now :/)
dA
website

Also, I finally borrowed Rocky Horror and frankly didn't think it was that great, but then I learned what the time warp was and anyway Tim Curry in a corset makes everything better.

Joining please.

DA profile~

I haven't been drawing much lately but I have an Eevee...

eeveecolouringpencilsso0.png

It started as a random scribble and then I did a better outline and then I coloured it quickly with CHEAP colouring pencils because they happened to be the only ones at that time. I'm currently making a pixel over of it now.

Bye peoples *walks out* I'll visit later~

Thankings. I think something should be done to get rif of those cheesestones...*thinks about what could kill Cheesestones* How about...water? OK I'm outta ideas.

Arrrgh, I'm just so frustrated because I feel like everything I draw nowadays sucks. I know it makes sense considering I haven't drawn in months, and I never really was much of an artist, but... I used to kind of be able to draw. Now I feel like I can't, at all. I know I just need to practice, but it's impossible to get any motivation when I feel like everything I draw is going to be terrible. Bleh.

[/rant]

Well, Salamander, I suggest you try doodling aimlessly. Don't worry about trying to draw something perfect, just... doodle and leave stuff unfinished. It's a great way to practice a little and, since it isn't intended to be a finished piece of gorgeous artwork, you won't feel so self-concious. Besides, a lot of my aimless doodles end up looking pretty nice, and I can clean them up/redraw them later.

Well, Salamander, I suggest you try doodling aimlessly. Don't worry about trying to draw something perfect, just... doodle and leave stuff unfinished. It's a great way to practice a little and, since it isn't intended to be a finished piece of gorgeous artwork, you won't feel so self-concious. Besides, a lot of my aimless doodles end up looking pretty nice, and I can clean them up/redraw them later.
This pretty much sums it up. :P

RAAAAWR

I had two Halloween pictures I was gonna have done tonight. One of which was the obligatory holiday group pic.

Didn't get them done. Now I'll have to put 'em up tomorrow D:

Fwahhhh Elphachu is teh awesomesauce. Love the expression~ And the shading~ And everything else~

Ahem. Meanwhile, Linoone actually finished the Halloween group pic on time! *gasp*

I first need to apologize in advance to:
Kratos, because my theme for this picture is a very unamused Kratos Aurion. So, uh, sorry about that. And I screwed up on your sword so badly I can't even describe it... Just don't look at it, 'k?
Spoon, because you're a spoon. And the arrow and question mark hanging off of you is permanent now.
Spaekle, because I made your hair purple. And your eyes, too. Just pretend you're wearing contact lenses and dyed your hair because it's Halloween or something.
Dannichu, because I don't think I placed enough rainbows in my picture.
And everyone who is humanoid, because I screwed you guys all up quite badly indeed.

And I didn't even shade the picture!

Ok, so I do have a (sort of) shaded version of it, with less words. I'll upload it if anyone requests it... And if I spelled anyone's name wrong, uh.... Please correct me. I'll go fix it and stuff.

:D ?

Oh wow... I just can't say much more... Wow...

[I wonder what taking a photograph from a flying helicopter would actually be like.]

Hahaha, that's all kinds of cool. Kratos doesn't look pissed off, for once! And I like how even though we're all wearing the same costume, Dannichu still has her rainbow scarf.
Plus it had me with a monocle in it what more could you want from a drawing.

Keep them coming, you guys. I'll upload mine on Sunday or Monday, since I have no scanner here and I could only take like six pens with me because of weight limits on the plane :v

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom