• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Obsessive Scribblers~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hurpadurp I should totally get back to this club.
But all I'm doing right now are comic pages and slashfest doodles and other gay drawings so I'd probably not contribute much but er still ):
I'LL BE BACK

Guys! Guys!

1. Go through an old sketchbook (like over a year old for best results)
2. Find pictures that suck (doodles, even)
3. Draw them again only better
4. Compare!

I've been doing this and it's really fun for some reason.

I might even post some of what I did later!

(probably fading back into inactivity)

^So gonna do that. I've kept all my sketchbooks so far, woo. Now just to see if i can bear to look at my horrid old art xD seriously, they're terrible. I've gotten tons better.

Guys! Guys!

4. Compare!

I really want to do this. Especially because, even though my drawing ability wasn't as good back in th' day, my imagination was so much better, and my pictures were so much more lively and interesting, even if they were terrible X3

Hmm, I'll maybe try that if I can find a suitable picture. I've got a whole drawer of paper under my bed with ancient drawings on them, there's bound to be something good in there.

*peeps in, hoping she won't be chased out* Beheheh... I don't have an art thread or a dA or anything, but I doodle really obsessively. XDD; So... maybe I could join in here sometime? ^^'

I would make an art thread at TCoD, but most of my stuff are just really unsophisticated doodles and I'm really bad at anatomy, so I'd be really embarrassed. I do take a look at other people's art threads and dAs when I've got the time though.

Guys! Guys!

4. Compare!

I do this every time I see an old picture. When I see a terribly bad picture I did years ago I feel so shameful, I redraw them next to it. Just in case somebody finds the picture and thinks I still draw that badly. XDD

What's funny is that every time I go to my dad's house in Germany I draw lots since I'm away from the computer, and I always redraw everything I drew the last time - so there are loads of bits of paper with about five years' worth of the same picture done over and over again.

It's really awesome seeing how your style changes! Or at least, mine has over the years.

Guys! Guys!

4. Compare!

This sounds really spiffy <3~ I'm definitely going to attempt this. I'd adore to see some of your remakes of your artwork, if you wouldn't mind :3

Oh, if anyone's wondering, I've been working on a bunch of Pikachu-Parodies for a really late birthday gift, and I need some mascots of different manga/anime/movies/television/books to spoof.

Welcome Cirrus!

Guys! Guys!

4. Compare!

I am in on this. In fact, I just did it. BEHOLD:

OLD:
http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp93/vplj/JEWWWWS.jpg

NEW:
http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp93/vplj/jews2.jpg

Linked for EXTREME SIZE
My character, Henry, going to/exiting his local synagogue, WHEN SUDDENLY BAM HIS JEW SENSES START TINGLING
and the next thing he knows he wakes up at an office doing someone's accounting.

Welcome Cirrus!

I am in on this. In fact, I just did it. BEHOLD:

OLD:
http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp93/vplj/JEWWWWS.jpg

NEW:
http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp93/vplj/jews2.jpg

Linked for EXTREME SIZE
My character, Henry, going to/exiting his local synagogue, WHEN SUDDENLY BAM HIS JEW SENSES START TINGLING
and the next thing he knows he wakes up at an office doing someone's accounting.

Good improvement...no luck for me and finding old pictures :(

Hiiiii Cirrus :D

And Jeeeesus that's some improvement. And I remember you posting the first one, so it can't be that old o.o The face has so much more character than the old one, it's amazing. And I really love your digital colouring skillz.
(I do kinda miss the hearts all over his shirt, though, I must say)

rrrr

I printed out some of my old works that wound up destroyed so I could remake them, only to find that some of my colored pencils disappeared and my inking pen is out of ink. ><

This sucks, because without that I can't do any real artwork, which I still enjoy doing. ><

Guys! Guys!

4. Compare!

Yessir. Will do. I have some really, really old art I would like to draw again... *scurries off to sketch*

And congrats to people who have came out of inactiveness for a split second to post! Everyone, give them a round of applause please!

Welcome and well come, Cirrus! Nice seeing you here, and hope you have a good time. *tips hat*

VPLJ: AWESOMENESS. I really love the neon colors used in these pictures, and the pic has improved quite dramatically, probably because of the digital coloring gets rid of the weird color blobs that appear when markers don't like you. The folds on his clothes is really nice, also I do love the pink hearts on the older picture... I also believe that this picture needs more rainbows, unless the background is supposed to have some sort of special meaning to it which I do not realize, which then never mind.

Spoon said:
Oh, if anyone's wondering, I've been working on a bunch of Pikachu-Parodies for a really late birthday gift, and I need some mascots of different manga/anime/movies/television/books to spoof.

Do someone from Soul Eater! Most of them have rather awesome designs, so they should be fun to draw. Or do a Prinny (evil penguin-things from Disgaea). Or, someone from the Ace Attorney series because it's mandatory. And since there's a manga for it now, it's officially in your list. Or do Elphie (the Wicked Witch of the West) from Wicked.

Oooh, you should do a V from V for Vendetta :D

Actually, my best friend at uni drew me a picture very similar to what you described for Christmas; it's got an Elphie-chu, a Solid Snake-chu, a Phoenix Wright-chu, an Okami-chu, a Don Cornlone-chu, a rainbow-chu and, of course, a Danni-chu X3

Haha, that's fantastic :D

I reeeeally want to do this, but I don't have any of my old pictures with me here ):

HEY GUYS MORE COMICS FOR YOU TO IGNORE :D

Ice and GF0: Twilight

Ice the cat: Page four

Also I can't quote your post because of lame school blocking stuff, but that's a real improvement, FMC ^^;

And I actually do have an improved drawing to show you...
See, remember I said I was going to remake the Objection-Injection comic? Well I did. So you need to wait till I get up to it >D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom