• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Obsessive Scribblers~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha, that Twilight comic is brilliant, Ice X3
I'm so glad I'm safe from Twilight fangirls at uni. I don't know anyone who's read the books. Actually, but best friend has and quite enjoyed it (I nearly disowned her), but she doen't talk about it or read fanfiction about it or anything.

If I may suggest something? It's one of those incredibly hypocritical suggestions of mine; your facial expressions are fantastic, but the rest of the bodies tend to be quite emotionless. Your friend's sister's Maya-in-fangirl-mode pose (tm) is good, but on the first couple of panels where you're somewhat-arguing, it'd look better if there was more energy and movement with the arms and such. Just an idea for ya :)

Spoon is a genius! :D

If I may suggest something? It's one of those incredibly hypocritical suggestions of mine; your facial expressions are fantastic, but the rest of the bodies tend to be quite emotionless. Your friend's sister's Maya-in-fangirl-mode pose (tm) is good, but on the first couple of panels where you're somewhat-arguing, it'd look better if there was more energy and movement with the arms and such. Just an idea for ya :)
Haha, I know, it's a bad habit of mine. I'm bad at anatomy so I tend to play it safe. I'll try more expressive poses in the future though ^_^

Also, that's not his sister. She's just one of our friends xD

Also, that's not his sister. She's just one of our friends xD

I have.... no idea where I got that from, then XD

Also! Dannichu improooooooves :D

Ye Olde Picture (not sure how old but it was saved as img120)

Ye Newe Picture (img582, to give some perspective)

I'm rather happy with how it came out :)

I drew a ton of other stuff that I won't clog this place up with, but it's all over in my art thread if anyone's interested.

More big improvements...if only I could find an old picture...

But meanwhile I suppose I should draw myself because no one knows what I look like~

It's done it's done!

^ I'm entering this in a contest at a nearby college for science-themed art. I spent at least a week working on it during art and offtime, and I'm pretty proud of at least the lizard part. :V

I promise I'll upload some of my then-and-now stuff later. Everyone else who's posted shows a lot of improvement, which is always great.

Very accurate portrayal of [most] Twilight fans, Ice. xD

I promise I'll get ES picture to you in a week because I don't have colouring pencils right now but I'll be able to in two days but then I don't have a scanner :(

And I can only get a scanner at my dad's house(I'm there) and colouring pencils at my mums(two days) so my pictures always take a week unless I want a colourless picture.

Nice comic Ice~

It matches perfectly with Twilight fans(luckily I don't have many at my school).

Jesus Christ, Speakle, that's absolutely amazing o.o What did you use to draw it?
And best of luck with the competition! It should definitely win D<

I tapped into the art room's endless supply of Dick Blick markers and Micron pens, and I used a bit of acrylic paint for the stars. :V

Winning would be cool, but the exchange student from Kazakhstan is submitting a damn amazing oil painting. :o We'll see.

It's done it's done!

^ I'm entering this in a contest at a nearby college for science-themed art. I spent at least a week working on it during art and offtime, and I'm pretty proud of at least the lizard part. :V

Dear gods o_o That's beyond amazing. I'm so useless at commenting.. D: But really, speechless.

...Oh offnote for everyone. Uck, I haven't drawn anything in ages, and I really need something that can boot me into gear.. >_< Are there.. any suggestions for that? As it is I tend to be.. really obsessive, looking over my shoulder, don't want anyone watching me draw. But even at night with noone around I'm that way. That, and I get distracted so easily I forget/put it off, and it's terrible. D: That, and I have terribly high standards, so even when I DO draw something I bin it. I was going to try the old - new drawing project, but I don't know where anything older is..

Uck, I haven't drawn anything in ages, and I really need something that can boot me into gear.. >_< Are there.. any suggestions for that? As it is I tend to be.. really obsessive, looking over my shoulder, don't want anyone watching me draw. But even at night with noone around I'm that way. That, and I get distracted so easily I forget/put it off, and it's terrible. D: That, and I have terribly high standards, so even when I DO draw something I bin it. I was going to try the old - new drawing project, but I don't know where anything older is..

Well, can you remember any old pictures you drew? It's harder, but as long as you remember what the picture was of, you should be able to recreate it, only better :)
There are a few art memes on Deviantart that are fun to do; if you don't draw digitally, it's nigh-impossible to fill in the forms like you're supposed to, but you can draw the pictures for the sake of drawing.
And maybe try drawing a comic? They force you to focus on things like facial expressions and backgrounds and things, so they're a really good excersise in all-round drawingness.

I coloured RainbowIce :DD
I didn't shade it because I'm lazy, but if anyone feels like it, you're free to do so :D

Haha, that's too cool X3

Oooh, that Gardenia picture is very cool~ Did you use a ref? The anatomy is very good, and the minimal shading looks really great :)

@eeveeskitty
really? Do tell! : D I want to improooveee

@dannichu
actually, i did. The picture they have on Wiki. I only looked at it twice, but her arms are in roughly the same pose as they are in the ref. Didn't even notice. ^^;

Ice:
:D I agree. Twilight fans are scary. I like how you made Jess have twinkly sparkly eyes and crazy eyelashes, which made her seem more like a crazy fangirl. And, uh, basically what Dannichu said.

The rainbow Ice picture is quite nice. I say that you give it a rainbow background, too, just because.

Spaekle:

*is speechless*

This. Is. Awesome. I hope you win! You should. And who cares about the exchange student :/

Dannichu:

Danni improves!

The coloring definitely improved, and Zelos no longer has an awkward arm. I like his expression better in the first picture though, mainly because he seems more surprised... But his clothes improved, too, by a lot. And the hand, too.

L'il Dwagie:

Hmmm... Or you can attempt a group-pic, but there are so many members now it's more or less impossible.

Love your avatar, by the way.

pcbby:
Whoa. This is really good. The anatomy is quite good, and I love her pose. Her feet look sort of strange though, like they're bent at a weird angle... But the boots are really nice.

And Linoone will post her pictures once she gets off her lazy butt and actually digs out some of her old stuff.

Er... hi. :D Since I like drawing and draw every now and then and should really draw more, I figured I should join this place. And look at it more. I see it every now and again and enjoy the pretty pictures very much - like the Gardenia one on this page - so adorable. Spaekle, your science-themed art looks fantastic, and I like the colours you used for RainbowIce, Ice the Frosty Cat.

But I do come bearing gifts! Well, a gift. That's actually just a drawing of an Umbreon I did at least about a year ago that I haven't coloured. I'm going to try to get better at shading before I attempt to colour it. Here it is. I'm afraid I might not be posting often with drawings - whether or not you see this as a bonus is up to you - due to a scanner and a computer that I find annoying to use. I might take a look at them and ask if I can hook the scanner up to my laptop or something. If that's even possible. o_o; I know hardly anything about scanners, ehehe. Anyway, yes. Hi.

Aw shucks, you guys <3
Now, a magic trick: watch how I undoubtedly kill this thread with the sheer power of my post:

Ye Olde Picture (not sure how old but it was saved as img120)

Ye Newe Picture (img582, to give some perspective)
Congratulations, there's some very visible progress here!
I like the nose, it's cute. The eyes look adorable, as always, but the red-head (Zelos?) looks kind of anxious. I'd probably get it better if I knew the characters, but er
The colouring also looks much better. Overall, good job!

Nice, nice, good impression of 'science.' Any special reason behind it being a lizard?
I really like the muscle part for some reason, looking good. I think you have good chances of winning this, best of luck!

I coloured RainbowIce :DD
I didn't shade it because I'm lazy, but if anyone feels like it, you're free to do so :D
Colouring looks good, but I think the anime eyes look kind of out of place with the rest of your style. Anatomy could also use some sprucing up, but it looks quite nice.

Overall it looks okay, but she has a really long neck and her legs are bending weird. Her expression's a bit spaced out as well, but the rest of the drawing's cool! Any chance of colour?

Congratulations on your scanner! A fine tool indeed... I've had mine for about three years now and I'm just glad it's still working since it's fallen off tables and had liquids spilled on it more often than I care to remember.
I-is it wrong that I thought the man in the first comic was Hitler at first? Been fueling my Nazi kink too much lately, I suppose.
I think that while the action is well expressed, the joke could be better if you set up the punchline more... dynamically. This way, it looks more like it'll be continued in an upcoming page. I'd probably have done it with the characters in the same space and viwed in the same angle and then with the hammer-character pausing between panels two and three before very violently (some action lines, perhaps) smashing the other guy's skulls in. Another little pause and then a little yoink! with a puff of smoke or something.

I like the guy in the first panel from the second comic's expression a lot. His face in the last panel is quite nice as well.

Panelling is nicer when the panels are spaced as opposed to pretty much glued together or divided like that, just a thought.
Maybe you should think about computer-lettering your comics? I'm sorry, but you have quite a harsh handwriting and computer-lettering might make it easier on the eyes. I should know, my own writing is piss-poor and I try not to make people read it unless it's in the Krappy Komix series :v

Oh yeah and er check out my shitty pic I guess: It's one of my favourite singers, Serge Gainsbourg! A shameless copy of the photograph on the cover of his album Love on the Beat.
Check dese out:
Love Etc, heavily inspired by the song Love Etc by the Pet Shop Boys. Can't wait for the new album, eee
Some Goebbels doodles because he's such a funny lil' guy.
The Marquis de Sade. I've developed a minor obssession for this man.
Vladimir Putin gettin' all up on Anderson Cooper's rosy nnnnibbles. Just be thankful it's not the super special awesome threesome version, which includes Rahm Emanuel and things that should totally happen irl but don't ):
A comic I don't think I've posted anywhere but on dA, probably because it's terrible. Featuring our favourite gay Nazi captain, Alwin.

Oh and hey Flazeah!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom