• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Obsessive Scribblers~

Status
Not open for further replies.
i got nothing to update this with unfortunatley so sorry #^TT well... i do... but until my dad finds his camera (again) i cant update #_¬ i just came to tell my news to you guys

me and some friends are making our very own manga series, just the quality of the drawings may not be all that good since im drawing it, although i do know someone whos helping who could probably do a much better job of it then me and hopefully i might be able to get her to join the forums! woo hoo! x3

but until i can get the final character designs for her and the other people i cant start, so until then ill just have to do some concept art for backgrounds and sub-characters x3

wow, no typos at all, yay :3

Well, I have joined before, but I can't seem to be active :/ Um, ya. Hi peeps. Just so you know, I draw a lot, but I rarely scan and upload them, so don't expect me to post any drawings anytime soon...

Yeah, hi to you I know and those whom I still have to befriend, nice to meet you.

I have a deviantart account, as most of you do, it's LinnCastillan, but I've only gotten sprites on it... so far.

(PS: My name is Bakun, not Bakuphoon. I'll have to ask Butterfree to change it sometime...)

Whoot Linoone colored the Chimera pic from before. She was messing with some random coloring styles, so yeah. It's actually more work than the coloring style suggests.

Now, comments!

@Ice the Cat: I actually wasn't expecting him to die... But either way, another nice page. It's paneled rather nicely, and I really love the dying scene.

Zaraki's eyeballs scare me.

Enzymes are the biological ingredients in Geological detergents and washing powder. Um.

Yeah, love the expressions. I suppose the only thing you should work on is the guns... But since you drew it from memory, I can't say anything here~ I like the guy in the back pointing at a box and saying "pills here".

@Rachao: Good luck on the 100 themes drawing~ My experience from the Art-a-Thon tells me that it will get super hard to draw anything after two weeks. The colors are awesome and pretty, and I like the theme. The girl's hat looks like it's about to fall off though....

@RainbowRayquaza: Oh. OH. Never realized that. I always thought the dark shading under the mushroom cap are concealing its eyes, which are drawn with only slightly darker pixels.

I really love how you shaded the shiny gray things on dialga's head (whatever they are). It makes the things look metallic, which is an effect I can never figure out how to do... The gem on the dialga also has awesome shading, and I really like the dialga's expression, how it looks comic-like and stuff.

@Ice the Cat again: HARE HARE YUKAI = win.

My only complain is that Arylett is not curly enough. And she looks like she's about to fall over, due to the rather awkward-looking position of her legs.

@Blackhood: I'm looking forward to the comics!

@Dewgong and Bakun: Welcome back and well come back~

Enzymes are the biological ingredients in Geological detergents and washing powder. Um.

Yeah I was totally supposed to Biology revising and was just jotting down stuff from the revision guide. Then I got bored and drew that :D

(I don't think a box is going to catch a Chimera by the way ;D)

Whoa, Ice, nice group picture~ I like it! Especially the look in Dannichu's eyes and how she's just like... pointing. That's epic.

The poses are really nice, looks like we're all dancing or something.

But my only complaint would be on Kai, that his head looks a bit too small for his body, same with Ice the Frosty Cat. And Linoone has got a point... my hair could be floofier~

Love the colouring on the Chimera picture, Linoone. Really bright and vivid style. I especially like how you did Rainbow Rayquaza. Really nice job with that~

Yeah, I've been doing a bit of drawing as well~ But like, I've already posted it in my art thread, so I don't want to be redundant.

Look at me, just popping up out of nowhere, after being dead for a while~

Oh and yeah, still working on that Group Picture I said I'd do. SOONER OR LATER. I will have it.

I like throwing Hula Hoops up in the air and catching them in my mouth.
hulahoopsnomnom.png

(Pretend that light green is less yellow.)

I like throwing Hula Hoops up in the air and catching them in my mouth.
hulahoopsnomnom.png

(Pretend that light green is less yellow.)

Aahhhh, I wish I could do that >.<
I -always- miss them, yet most of my friends can stand back five feet and catch something thrown verily high in the air by someone else ;-;

Whoa, Ice, nice group picture~ I like it! Especially the look in Dannichu's eyes and how she's just like... pointing. That's epic.

The poses are really nice, looks like we're all dancing or something.

But my only complaint would be on Kai, that his head looks a bit too small for his body, same with Ice the Frosty Cat. And Linoone has got a point... my hair could be floofier~
Why yes, it's a dance :D
(The poses I drew are at the end)

dragobaby2.png
frizzlewolf.png
gabblewabble.png

Another baby Drago and a Chilly Dog from Mother 3, and a Gabilan from Mother which I've still not actually played yet. I still love Gabilans though, whatever they are.
The dog's meant to look wonky, I always draw them wonky on purpose. There's also a few colour leaks on the last two.

The first one's pretty adorable and the ice effect on the second is really good, but both the second and third have pretty weird expressions. Is that what they look like in the game?

I somehow managed to forget to post this here, incidentally
Mitadake High: Chapter 1: Cover

Expect the chapter 2 cover soon, I'm halfway through editing it.

I've been neglecting this place again, just when I think that I'm becoming more active as well...

So, um ART:
0001523c
000146r3

Heath Ledger is a pretty cool guy eh? doesn't is serious much and stuff. XD

And this Entei Gijinka I drew a while back. It's pretty cool, IMO.
http://pics.livejournal.com/kai_lucifer/pic/0000h24r

I'll probably take some photos of some more stuff I've done recently. I'm started a new art topic called "Word and Image". I think that I'm going to enjoy it mor ethan my former project.

And of course, I'm MSN doodling all the time as usuall.
000134c7

Me in the platinum clothing and Thorton from the Battle Frontier respectively.

The first one's pretty adorable and the ice effect on the second is really good, but both the second and third have pretty weird expressions. Is that what they look like in the game?

Weeeelll...
chillydog.png
gabilan.gif

They're a different kind of weird because of my drawing style, but yep, they're weird. I like making their eyes point in different directions just to add to the goofiness.

cool joker pics kai, i always thought that if i was a villain from any film, it would be the joker x3 and as usual you MSN doodles end in epicness

btw pcbby, your really good, with such talent at drawing why are you so inactive? you should be flaunting of your drawing skills x3

cool joker pics kai, i always thought that if i was a villain from any film, it would be the joker x3 and as usual you MSN doodles end in epicness

btw pcbby, your really good, with such talent at drawing why are you so inactive? you should be flaunting of your drawing skills x3

Probably because I end up disliking half of what I draw a few hours after I draw it! But thank you! :]

Thanks muchly. :)

So, uh, my Entei Gijinka was overshadowed it seems. I'd like to know whether I'm doing it right, and perhaps get some crit on it.
http://pics.livejournal.com/kai_lucifer/pic/0000h24r
And I've drawn a reccuring character from Disgaea (And perhaps the most amazing Disgaea character ever), Vyers, the Dark Adonis.
http://pics.livejournal.com/kai_lucifer/pic/000216he

Also, has anyone else noticed how inactive this group has got?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom