• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Phobias

Centipedes. The only living creatures I have a serious problem with.
Ahh. *shudders* You posted a link to an article about house centipedes in another thread, and I looked at the picture and went, "Oh God, that thing." Anything that has tons of legs and can move quickly freaks me out... really tiny insects and bugs creep me out a bit, too. It's not terrible, but I do tend to jump or quietly yell if I find anything really tiny on me.

The idea of losing control of myself. It's horrifying to me. It's the reason why I don't want to get drunk, among other things.
You know, I've never really thought about this in these words, but now that I think about it, I fear this, too. I just start thinking about the potential of things... it actually kind of scares me at times. Like, if I'm using a knife to cut something up for a sandwich, I might start thinking about how easily my muscles would obey if I wanted to do something else with it, like hurt someone. I never would, but it's scary to think about how physically possible it is.

I'm scared of drowning or not being able to breathe.

I'm sort of claustrophobic, but it's a sort of conditional fear. I wouldn't be scared of being wrapped up tightly in someone's arms, but I'd freak out if I was in a very packed area of people, like at a dance or in a mosh pit or something. I'd also freak out if there were walls around me that I can't move, and the space is too small. One of my nightmares is being caught in some narrow, winding tunnel, too narrow to turn around. Oh, and heat adds to my claustrophobia. The hotter it is, the easier I get claustrophobic.

What's the weirdest is I feel like if I worked at it, I could get over some of these fears. But somehow I don't want to. o_O How weird is that?

silly Dwagie, knives and guns....well today are needed. i say go with a nice trustable spear.

Spears are aMAZZZZZZZZING.

okay my BIGGESTFEAR EVVVVVAAAARRRRRRR!

is hurting people.
Weapons are terrible, but so are people and I'm in a risky lifestyle so they might end up being needed for me some day. And I hate it but.. >: Sigh.
But actually I'm a polearm gal, hehe. x3 I think it would be preferable to grab a pipe or curtain rob or summat and knock someones head in instead of shank or shoot em if they jumped me. Plus staff swords <3 I used to practice a style an old sensei of mine was developing with me but I don't get to see him anymore..

I should say that hurting someone is something I could never do, and I have visions of it sometimes and it scares me A LOT. It could be added I suppose.. At the same time I'm very very vindictive, and if someone hurts me or something I love I've no trouble retaliating double..

^You could always practice Martial Arts of some sort. Maybe more than one. Or something. If you get scared of weaponry and such to the point that you just can't at any point, then you can just drop it and be all like "I know origami, oh yeah~" And when they go "wtf that's not a Martial Art" and go after you then you can be all like "HWAAA >D" and just pwn their butts :D... yeah, I'm sorry, that was kind of strange wasn't it xD;;;

Oh, and on-topic, I'm scared of like all bugs, including things like butterflies and gnats. Okay, I'm not too scared of fireflies, but that's it.

Hmm...Oddberry, very good of you. Also never take drugs, or steriods or whatever bruce banner took. And ill think you'l be fine

Hmm...Oddberry, very good of you. Also never take drugs, or steriods or whatever bruce banner took. And ill think you'l be fine

B-but... Banner didn't take any drugs D= He was exposed to gamma rays that technically should have killed him, but just made him turn green and big when he got angry instead >.>

Minor Phobias
-People being within a 10-foot radius of me unless I put myself there.
-People watching me.

(The only ones I can think of right now since my sister's doing both xD)

I fear bees and other stinging insects. I got stung by twenty when I was TWO, I have justification enough.

Wow. How'd you not die? Somewhere before ...ugh. My friend got killed by wasps because he accidentally hit the house with a baseball bat. :( we were playing and he threw the bat and it hit the nest, and oh...i have to go

-Mild fear of heights. Not the heights themselves, but more specifically falling. Depending on what it is, though, I can stand it fine; I can't rock climb because I'm paranoid of falling but I can stand on the edge of a mountain and look down a huge drop just fine.
-Roller coasters, sort of. I have to force myself to go on them when I want to ride them, because I hate the feeling that's in my stomach during the first drop (but I usually love the rest of it).
-Fire occasionally (depends what it is).
-Stinging insects, especially if they're in my room (the door's usually shut in there, so they can't go out of the room and leave me alone).

I used to be scared of thunderstorms, but not so much anymore.

I'm not afraid of public speaking. I generally have something I want to say and get up and say it. Indeed, my fear levels are greater when I meet new people. Important things to remember is people don't expect you to be perfect and generally do want you to succeed. All you need to do is make two or three main points and offer something of value. Be well prepared and learn your speech. Join a group like Toastmasters and learn how to speak in public.

But what I am afraid of is bugs/insects. (Butterflies don't count) And I am not afraid of heights, only the falling part; despite the fact I'm a dare-devil when it comes to going to an amusement park!

Major: I'm scared of being by myself in the dark. Like, (sorry to go off-topic but...) have you guys ever seen the episode of Spongebob Squarepants where he has to go take out the trash to the dumpster but it's really dark outside and then he runs while screaming to the dumpster and then runs back to the Krusty Krab? Well, I'm like that. When I'm by myself in the dark, I start feeling as if someone is watching me and then I start running as fast as I can to the nearest lighted place. And what makes me even more scared of the dark is that I wear contacts and before I go to bed, I take them off. I'm nearsighted, so for a certain amount of time anything that is somewhat far away from me I can't see at all (everything is really blurry). But the weird thing is, I'm not scared if I'm with other people and it's dark. I guess I feel more reassured when I'm not by myself... :/

Minor: I'm somewhat claustrophobic (I hate being in small/narrow places) and I really don't like meeting new people. I get all shy and quiet and embarassed...ugh, I just hate it. And I also don't like speaking/doing anything in front of a large audience. I just hate public speaking.
Oh, and I absolutely HATE bugs. I'm not really scared of them, I just hate it when I'm doing something (like eating cereal or watching tv) and then a bug suddenly appears out of nowhere. Grrrrrrrr to all bugs!! >X(

And, well, that's all of the fears that I have that I can think of right now.

Lettsee...

Cars, needles, being rejected, steep drops, dying, getting replaced in some way, losing my memory, being sick, pain, and fainting. I discover new ones everyday tbh.

Minor: I'm somewhat claustrophobic (I hate being in small/narrow places) and I really don't like meeting new people. I get all shy and quiet and embarassed...ugh, I just hate it. And I also don't like speaking/doing anything in front of a large audience. I just hate public speaking.

Sammmmeeeee D=

When I was younger I suffered from a pretty crushing Pediophobia (no, not PEDOphobia), the fear of dolls. My grandmother gave me a pair of china dolls, real fine handy-work, and I absolutely hated them. Still do. It just felt like their soulless eyes and uncanny valley was going to suck me dry. My mom eventually had to turn them around so they wouldn't look at me; she gave up at about nine and gave 'em to my younger cousins who loved them.

Yeah, my mom always teased me that she would buy a million dolls and force them to look at me if I was ever lazy or defiant. The only issue was that, like that magnificant bastards in "The Langoliers", I thought it was a real threat.

It's gotten better now but I still can't stand dolls looking at me, or dolls in general. I think the uncanny valley is just too much for me sometimes.

Other then that, I don't suffer from much. Phobias just fascinate me though. I'm pretty sure a third of my characters in my series suffer from some kind of phobia. From closed spaces and submerged places to dogs and sleeping. Funny thing is, they're all valid.

Phobias just fascinate me though. .

why do you think i started this thread?

and dolls . same....Eww my sister has a like 4 foot one ....it stands in a glass box , which she lost the key for. im glad she did , but i think the doll is the one who took it. so it can get out at night, only thing is, the whole room is sealed off from the rest of the house cause of mold.

-rests easy for now-

I have an extreme fear of losing intelligence or going insane. I dont know why. I also worry a lot about what impression I make on people like my friends parents.

Back
Top Bottom