• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokémon Black and White

Re: Pokémon Black and White

In Mistralton Gym on White.

Sandile (M) 29 [EVOLVE DAMMIT]
Samurott (M) 36
Gigalith (M) 40
Scraggy (F) 31
Pansear (M) 24
Darumaka (M) 29

Pansear got sidelined after I got Darumaka, and Giglalith, was from a friend and I leveled up a lot.

Because Stunfisk is ass.
Excuse me?

Stunfisk, if used properly, is actually a pretty good Pokemon. It's got nice defences, Sp. Atk and HP. While yes, other Electric types do outrank it. It's a fun Pokemon to use.

Really, any Pokemon is usable in-game. I've seen an R/S/E Nuzlocke playthrough where someone used a Clamperl against the E4 effectively.

If you think I'm spouting off crap here, I used a Stunfisk for an entire game so I know that it's halfway decent. Sorry if I sound defensive too, but I actually kinda liked using it too so yeah.

I've seen a YouTube video of someone beating B/W Cynthia with a Clamperl. It's not that bad.

Still working on the Pokédex completion...

Just beat the main storyline, the last boss was a real bitch. I'm about to catch mah Victini.

My Team: Emboar (Ganon) lv 55, Musharna (Fume) lv 49, Seismitoad (Umbridge) lv 50, Krookodile (Crocodile) lv 51, Vanilluxe (Sundae) lv 50, and Drudiggon (Pridefang) lv 52. I love these guys so much, they're like a family to me!
The fifth generation is great, can't wait for that inevitable third game!

New Game +
3rd Update

40px-Trio_Badge.png
40px-Basic_Badge.png
40px-Insect_Badge.png
40px-Bolt_Badge.png
40px-Quake_Badge.png
40px-Jet_Badge.png
40px-Freeze_Badge.png
40px-Legend_Badge.png

EELEKTRIK
Lv43/Quiet/Levitate @ Lucky Egg
Crunch/Charge Beam/Thunderbolt/Thunder Wave

CARRACOSTA
Lv45/Brave/Sturdy @ Rocky Helmet
Aqua Jet/Curse/Smack Down/Wide Guard

SIMISAGE
Lv45/Quiet/Gluttony @ none
Acrobatics/Work Up/Seed Bomb/Leech Seed

MIENFOO
Lv46/Naughty/Regenerator @ Lucky Egg
Jump Kick/U-Turn/Drain Punch/Quick Guard

CHANDELURE
Lv46/Naughty/Flame Body @ Amulet Coin
Hex/Shadow Ball/Flame Burst/Will-o-Wisp

DEINO
Lv48/Sassy/Hustle @ Exp. Share
Crunch/Work Up/Dragon Pulse/Body Slam

Opted for Tynamo and stuck it with an Exp. Share for a very long time. Eelektrik still has yet to impress, honestly, but knowing it has no natural weakness is nice.
I gave up Stoutland once I found Mienfoo in the wild. Figured a Fighting type is more likely to prove useful in the E4 than a Normal type. So far, I'm happy with the decision.
Newly-evolved Chandelure and growing Carracosta just continue to impress. Definitely the anchors of my team at the moment. Both of them bailed me out against Iris.
Standing outside the badge gates now. Planning to train to Lv50+ on Victory Road. The only thing I'm aiming for beyond that is Eelektrik's Coil at Lv54, and then I'll evolve it.
I know it's an in-game team, but...thoughts?

I know it's an in-game team, but...thoughts?

-Mienfoo's nature is good. I suggest you get rid of Quick Guard, protects you from only first hit moves like Quick Attack.
-Chandelure's nature should be changed to something that benefits Sp. Attack, if possible. Believe me, my lil' bro has a Chandelure and its Sp. Attack may hit 400 if all goes well (awkwardly, your moveset is the same as his :/). But if you keep the nature, no problems...Chandelure is so awesome because it is still useful without a good nature.
-If you are planning to teach Eelektrik Coil, don't. Eelektross is just as good at Sp. Attack than Attack. Plus, its nature benefits Sp. Attack. I think it can learn Flash Cannon, so teach it that if you have it.
-I guess you were like me with the monkey...evolved it at Castelia. Nothing much I can do since the TM for Energy Ball can't be received until you beat the game. HOWEVER, it will be useful against N's Carracosta.
-Now, YOUR Carracosta. Really good. :)
-Deino isn't useful since it takes forever for it to fully evolve into Hydreigon. Try to change it if possible (but thats just me...).

RunsWithScizor said:
I know it's an in-game team, but... thoughts?

-If you are going to have an Eelektrik using special moves, evolve it. Right now. Eelektrik have horrible Sp. Attack, but when they evolve they get an instant +60 in Sp. Attack.
-If you are going to use Deino, teach it Dragon Rush. DR can usually OHKO everything, as long as it hits.
-If you are willing to spend the time, get a new Chandelure. With Will-'o-wisp, Flame Body is redundant. Get Flash Fire instead, it really helps when N's Reshiram spams Fusion Flame. An Attack- Sp. Attack+ nature would be good.
-If you are willing to spend a TON of time, get a Zoom/Wide Lens for Deino from the Battle Subway. If not, give it an Eviolite.
-Why don't you give (good) items to your team, like Spell Tag, Miracle Seed, Magnet, ect.?

My first critical capture was the Volcarona in Relic Castle!

I'm getting kind of tired of breeding for my Awesome Team, so now I think I'm gonna start training other Pokemon that look cool. Starting with... Heatmor. For no real reason.

Hi
I bought black a couple weeks ago, I am on route 6 now in front of the place where Clay is supposed to meet you to give you your TM prize for defeating him. I have:
Unfezant lv. 33 (a silver of experience away from 34)
Krokorok lv. 33
Zebastrika lv. 34
Dewott lv. 34
stoutland lv 34
and I am right now training my new Deerling currently lv. 26 and counting.

So now that I have met a pokemon which has a connection to the seasons I am wondering, when and how do the seasons change in these games. It's Autumn in my game and has bee since I begun it. Is there a certain point in the game where it changes?

So now that I have met a pokemon which has a connection to the seasons I am wondering, when and how do the seasons change in these games. It's Autumn in my game and has bee since I begun it. Is there a certain point in the game where it changes?

from what I understand its a monthly thing. Some months (predetermined, of course) are winter, some are spring, some are autumn, and some are summer.

To be super specific about seasons:

Spring: May, September, January
Summer: June, October, February
Autumn: March, July, November
Winter: April, August, December

If you want to change seasons, you have to switch to the desired month and wait 24 hours before it affects in-game.

Summer -> Fall -> Winter -> Spring -> Summer. One month each.

The whole "each season is one month" thing was to make it easier to get seasonal Pokémon or something. And to stop from being stuck with the same scenery for months.

I'd really like to know where the hell they got those from.

Starts with January (the first month) and Spring (which most people list first just out of habit) and cycles through with each season getting a real-world month. As Whirlpool said, it's for convenience/variety in seasonal changes. This way seasons occur three times a year instead of once.

To be super specific about seasons:

Spring: May, September, January
Summer: June, October, February
Autumn: March, July, November
Winter: April, August, December

If you want to change seasons, you have to switch to the desired month and wait 24 hours before it affects in-game.

Ok thanks a lot, this is helpful.
Although Autumn in March and July and Summer in October, June and Feb are awfully weird most of them are.

Last edited:

-Mienfoo's nature is good. I suggest you get rid of Quick Guard, protects you from only first hit moves like Quick Attack.
-Chandelure's nature should be changed to something that benefits Sp. Attack, if possible. Believe me, my lil' bro has a Chandelure and its Sp. Attack may hit 400 if all goes well (awkwardly, your moveset is the same as his :/). But if you keep the nature, no problems...Chandelure is so awesome because it is still useful without a good nature.
-If you are planning to teach Eelektrik Coil, don't. Eelektross is just as good at Sp. Attack than Attack. Plus, its nature benefits Sp. Attack. I think it can learn Flash Cannon, so teach it that if you have it.
-I guess you were like me with the monkey...evolved it at Castelia. Nothing much I can do since the TM for Energy Ball can't be received until you beat the game. HOWEVER, it will be useful against N's Carracosta.
-Now, YOUR Carracosta. Really good. :)
-Deino isn't useful since it takes forever for it to fully evolve into Hydreigon. Try to change it if possible (but thats just me...).

-The only reason I have Quick Guard is I couldn't necessarily justify Calm Mind, especially after I took Swift off its moveset. I'll be sure to ditch it as soon as I find something worthwhile.
-I'm not terribly picky about natures until the postgame when I breed to battle other people. But, thank you for the advice all the same.
-The only reason I want Coil for Eelektrik is for defensive purposes. While the boost to Attack would help Crunch, I do intend on making it more oriented toward Special Attack. Coil is just for the sake of its less-than-stellar Defense as well as a slight lift to Crunch's effectiveness.
-Yeah. Since I didn't have an Attack-boosting nature, I wasn't terribly picky about keeping Pansage so it could learn everything. I just wanted Acrobatics so it could hold its own against Bugs and other Grass types.
-Thankya. Carracosta has been a lifesaver in many a battle already.
-I only have Deino because my cousin traded it to me when I restarted my file. I'm hoping that it will drastically improve in usefulness once it evolves into Zweilous. I would go back and train an Axew instead, but the only one I have is Lv30, and I feel replacing Stoutland with Mienfoo on the spot was enough of a late-game alteration.

-If you are going to have an Eelektrik using special moves, evolve it. Right now. Eelektrik have horrible Sp. Attack, but when they evolve they get an instant +60 in Sp. Attack.
-If you are going to use Deino, teach it Dragon Rush. DR can usually OHKO everything, as long as it hits.
-If you are willing to spend the time, get a new Chandelure. With Will-'o-wisp, Flame Body is redundant. Get Flash Fire instead, it really helps when N's Reshiram spams Fusion Flame. An Attack- Sp. Attack+ nature would be good.
-If you are willing to spend a TON of time, get a Zoom/Wide Lens for Deino from the Battle Subway. If not, give it an Eviolite.
-Why don't you give (good) items to your team, like Spell Tag, Miracle Seed, Magnet, ect.?

-See above for comment regarding Eelektrik.
-While Dragon Rush is tempting as a devastating move, the 75% accuracy alone makes me wary. I don't like moves that can kill in one shot when they can also miss that frequently, and the fact that Deino also has Hustle (and therefore lowers Dragon Rush's accuracy even more) makes me opt for the more conservative Dragon Pulse.
-If Dusk Stones were more prevalent in the game and if I wasn't standing right outside Victory Road, I might consider training a new Chandelure from scratch. As it is, though, a 30% chance to burn with Flame Body (and that's even provided that the opponent uses a physical attack) is not as good as a 75% chance with Will-o-Wisp (and that's only on account of its accuracy).
-I might consider a Wide Lens just to ease my nerves about Crunch and Body Slam, considering Hustle isn't doing any favors for Deino.
-I would rather have growth-promoting items at this point in time, since half of my team isn't fully evolved yet. Besides, the increase in power from items like that seems negligible. A 10% boost to STAB moves seems inefficient compared to the possibility of getting 200% experience per battle.

Thanks to both of you. I appreciate all the advice.

I have a shiny too... except it's a Tangela. If anyone wants it I can trade for a different shiny or something.

I'm also on a Pokémon catching spree because I've been swarming the GTSN thing now. Not much progress in terms of a team, though I did catch a Cryagonal and get an Aerodactyl.

Speaking of, when I tried to name the Aerodactyl Bite it wouldn't let me do so for some reason. I pressed the "OK" button but it just made this weird noise and didn't do anything. Is this some sort of glitch? D: My sister ended up helping me by calling it "Bite " but I could do without the spaces.

Back
Top Bottom