• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokémon Registration Office

Negrek

busy dizzy lazy
Staff member

The Pokémon Registration Office of TCoD ASB oversees the pokémon acquisitions of all the League's trainers as well as providing the resources trainers need to increase the power of their pokémon through evolution. In order to protect the populations of some rare and powerful pokémon that might otherwise be threatened by overcapture due to their popularity with trainers, it is more expensive to obtain licenses for some pokémon than others. Only the most dedicated trainers will be able to stock their team with the land's most rare and powerful pokémon!

These days, most of the licensing and evolution functions of the Registration Office have been moved online to the ASB Control Panel available to new members of the league. Currently, you should only post in this thread if you received a pokémon from a source not covered by the ASB Marketplace in the Control Panel--as a gift, because you want it to evolve by trading, as a tournament prize, and so on. Other than that, you should only be posting here to add or alter a body or move modification on one or more of your pokémon.

Purchasing and Evolving Pokémon

If you do have a reason to post here about a pokémon acquisition or evolution, please do so in the following format:

[Nickname] species (Gender)
Ability:
Move Mod:
Body Mod:

If any of these fields are not applicable, you may omit them. Additionally, if a pokémon has only one ability, you do not need to state it. Charmander, for example, always has blaze, so it may be approved without the ability field.

In addition, your post should include a link to where you acquired the pokémon and, if applicable, a link to a post in the Bank where you paid for it.

Generally, no one will respond to your post unless there is a problem with it. You will know that your pokémon has been approved when it appears in your PC box. Please be patient; it can sometimes take several days for an approval to go through.

Signature Moves and Attributes

It is free to add a signature move or signature attribute to your pokémon; simply post it in the appropriate format and wait for it to be approved. If a pokémon already has a signature move or attribute, it may be changed only when that pokémon evolves, or when it has been transferred to a new trainer. Therefore, if you wish to alter the signature move or attribute of a pokémon you received in a trade or one that you are evolving, post the changes you wish to make with the pokémon that you wish to get approved. Once a pokémon has evolved all the way, you will not be able to change its signature move any more, so think carefully before you do!

There is a guide to creating signature moves and attributes in the Rules. Remember that it is not recommended that beginning trainers attempt to add signature moves or attributes to a pokémon when getting their starter team approved. Also know that, even if your signature move or attribute is approved by one approver, it may be challenged by another, and if it proves to be unbalanced in battle, you may be asked to alter it.

When posting your signature move or attribute, please also include all relevant information about the pokémon--species, ability, and so on--and preferably in the format described in the section above. If there is a problem with your sig move or attribute, an approver will provide you with an explanation of why it can't be approved and some suggestions for changing it so that it can. Otherwise, they will post that it is approved, and it should appear on your pokémon within a few days when Negrek gets around to adding it to the system.

Sig Move Approvers
blazheirio889
Byrus
Chiropter
Kusarigamaitachi
L'il Dwagie
Lord of the Fireflies
Mike the Foxhog
Negrek

Sig Attribute Approvers
Byrus
Gummy
Kratos Aurion
L'il Dwagie
Mendatt
Mike the Foxhog
Negrek
Whirlpool

Last edited:
Re: Pokémon Registration Office

[Mal] elekid (m)
Ability: static
Signature Attribute: Static Heat

It's not a strange thing, for elekid to avoid physical contact. Their ability - static - makes all contact a gamble, even with other elekid. But of course, there was something a little strange about the static generated by Mal.

Something that often gets ignored - while electricity will shock you, it might also leave you burned. And something about the electricity that is naturally generated by Mal, perhaps it sparks to form heat instead of power, or maybe it's just a genetic thing - a stray recessive magmar somewhere in his ancestry - either way, whenever he touches someone, they feel hot instead of jumpy.

Effects: Mal's ability is Flame Body instead of Static.

Claiming my Unova Pokemon.

568.png

[Ammon] (Male) {Aftermath}

[Mal] elekid (m)
Ability: static
Signature Attribute: Static Heat

It's not a strange thing, for elekid to avoid physical contact. Their ability - static - makes all contact a gamble, even with other elekid. But of course, there was something a little strange about the static generated by Mal.

Something that often gets ignored - while electricity will shock you, it might also leave you burned. And something about the electricity that is naturally generated by Mal, perhaps it sparks to form heat instead of power, or maybe it's just a genetic thing - a stray recessive magmar somewhere in his ancestry - either way, whenever he touches someone, they feel hot instead of jumpy.

Effects: Mal's ability is Flame Body instead of Static.
Approved. Though you're going to have to wait a couple of weeks at least for it.

oh wait seto's move never actually got approved.

[Seto Kaiba] Meowth (M) <Pickup>
Signature Move: Screw The Rules, I Have Money!

Seto is a very affluent Meowth. He has built up his picking-up-shiny-stuff business from the ground up, and as a result is very, very rich. Quite phenomenally wealthy, as he does own the most startling quantities of cash. As a result, he has become egotistical and complacent, determined to get whatever he wants. He has come to think of rules and regulations as merely things for lesser, poorer beings who can't afford to buy the favour of the relevant authority. Therefore if he can find any random pocket change, he's not averse to lining the ref's pockets to see that things work out the way he wants; a measly $10 is nothing to him anyway.

Type: Normal / Target: Self / Energy: 2%

Effects: Seto goes over to the referee and discreetly hands them a few coins from his Pickup earnings during the match. The referee will then see to it that the battle goes in Seto's favour in whichever way he specified. The money spent using this move is added to the referee's earnings at the end of the match and deducted from Seto's Pickup earnings; therefore he must has already found enough money to pay for whatever effect he chooses. Seto can never pick up more than $10 during any one battle, including any money spent on bribes. Unless specified otherwise in the list of effects below, Screw The Rules, I Have Money! must be linked to an attack to gain a chosen effect, i.e. Slash + Screw The Rules, I Have Money! ~ Pay Day.

The possible effects are as follows (and must be specified when Screw The Rules, I Have Money! is used):

- +20% accuracy ($2)
- double the chance of inflicting a critical hit ($4)
- 1.5x the chance of secondary effects triggering ($3)
- type of Hidden Power changed to any type of Seto's choosing ($1)
- increase a random stat by a chosen amount (does not require linking) ($1 for 1 or 2 levels, +$1 for every level thereafter)
- increase a chosen stat by a chosen amount (does not require linking) ($1 for 1 or 2 levels, +$2 for every level thereafter)
- negate Seto's status conditions (does not require linking) ($1 for mild conditions, $2 for moderate conditions, $3 for severe conditions; prices stack for each condition)

Usage gap: 3 rounds

I would like to claim my Unova Pokemon.

Snivy
[Venus] (Female) [Contrary]

I just created my account, so I wouldn't have it.

Sorry. That offer was only good up to the US B/W release; since you joined after that happened, you don't get a free pokémon.

[The Little One in the Flask] Solosis (M) Magic Guard

Signature Move: Despair for the Conceited

Knowledge is power, and the only power The Little One in the Flask is capable of obtaining. Certainly, his powers and ability to manipulate the physical world are vast, but he has still been stripped of freedom and liberty, shackled to his trainer's will by a poké ball and an institution dedicated to forcing his kind into combat. So he has come to treasure all the power his trainer doesn't keep from his reach, and has learned everything he can using every resource not locked away.

As it turns out, the rarely-used Asber library contains tomes of even the most obscure legends, those pokémon who would never be chained or see combat. The Little One in the Flask was fascinated by such a prospect, and learned everything he could about them. And, when delving into their lore, he learned of even their most treasured secrets, written in the blood of the most dedicated and foolish scientists the humans had to offer. Every single move known to man had been documented, but The Little One in the Flask was only interested in the highest knowledge offered. And, while he doesn't have the physical power to perform such rituals himself, he can teach others the knowledge he has gained.

To perform this move, The Little One in the Flask makes a tempting offer even the most suspicious opponent could not refuse: power beyond all imagining, the one thing all pokémon strive for. When they agree, as all eventually do, they drop their defences and allow The Little One in the Flask to reach in and give them the knowledge he has worked so hard to obtain. Though nothing physically occurs until the target screams, the target is subject to an illusion where everything is replaced with a featureless white plain and The Little One in the Flask is replaced with a shape similar to the target's own, but with no colours or features but a sadistic grin. A gate floating in the air opens, and black arms grab the target, drawing it inside. The target then sees streams of knowledge reaching out toward it and pouring into its head, causing an intense headache. But The Little One in the Flask hasn't lied, this time. The target returns in less than an action, with the knowledge The Little One in the Flask promised... but at a terrible price.

Psychic ~ Special ~ Base Power: 5% ~ Accuracy: 100% ~ Target: Single ~ Energy: 5%

Effects: The Little One in the Flask opens up the gates of truth to the target, revealing to it a power known only to the gods. Information is poured into the target's head, causing mental strain worth a nigh unchangeable 5% health; even dark-types cannot withstand this stream of information. There is too much information to take in at once, so for the most part, the target is left only with mental pain; however, even the slowest pokémon will manage to pick up a scrap of this information. The target learns one of the legendary signature moves at random, that is, one of the following:

aeroblast, bolt strike, crush grip, dark void, doom desire, freeze shock, fusion bolt, fusion flare, glaciate, heart swap, ice burn, judgment, lunar dance, luster purge, magma storm, mist ball, psycho boost, psystrike, relic song, roar of time, sacred fire, sacred sword, searing shot, secret sword, seed flare, shadow force, spacial rend, techno blast, v-create

But truth only brings despair to the conceited, and the pain, as it turns out, is merely a side-effect of the move, not the price. And the gatekeepers of the truth violently enforce the principle of equivalent exchange. The cost for such an awesome power like that of the gods is everything that makes the individual pokémon unique. W ith every use of Despair for the Conceited, in exchange for a new legendary signature move, the target loses the following attributes in the following order:

1. Signature attributes
2. Signature moves
3. Other body modifications
4. Other move modifications
5. Abilities
6. Typing (secondary types are removed first; typeless pokémon take neutral damage from everything and don't have STAB)

Once the pokémon has run out of things to exchange, it can no longer obtain knowledge, as it cannot pay the price. It then becomes immune to this move for the rest of the battle.

Usage Gap: 3 rounds from last usage

Last edited:

Sorry. That offer was only good up to the US B/W release; since you joined after that happened, you don't get a free pokémon.

I actually have a free voucher for it in the thread, and I did have a Bank account (Or I at least should have, I did request one about a month ago), but I never posted my profile in the thread, because I wasn't able to view my ID and I didn't want to make it with out that.

A question: Will Signature approvers eventually be able to modify the ASB tabs if approving an move/attribute, or will that always fall to an admin?

Also, claiming these for real this time:
Gift Exchange

[Annika] Kojofuu (F)
<Regeneration>

[Soren] Kojofuu (M)
<Inner Focus>

[Zora] Zorua (F)
<Illusion>

[Ceil] Monozu (F)
<Hustle>

oh wait seto's move never actually got approved.

[Seto Kaiba] Meowth (M) <Pickup>
Signature Move: Screw The Rules, I Have Money!

Seto is a very affluent Meowth. He has built up his picking-up-shiny-stuff business from the ground up, and as a result is very, very rich. Quite phenomenally wealthy, as he does own the most startling quantities of cash. As a result, he has become egotistical and complacent, determined to get whatever he wants. He has come to think of rules and regulations as merely things for lesser, poorer beings who can't afford to buy the favour of the relevant authority. Therefore if he can find any random pocket change, he's not averse to lining the ref's pockets to see that things work out the way he wants; a measly $10 is nothing to him anyway.

Type: Normal / Target: Self / Energy: 2%

Effects: Seto goes over to the referee and discreetly hands them a few coins from his Pickup earnings during the match. The referee will then see to it that the battle goes in Seto's favour in whichever way he specified. The money spent using this move is added to the referee's earnings at the end of the match and deducted from Seto's Pickup earnings; therefore he must have already found enough money to pay for whatever effect he chooses. Seto can never pick up more than $10 during any one battle, including any money spent on bribes. Unless specified otherwise in the list of effects below, Screw The Rules, I Have Money! must be linked to an attack to gain a chosen effect, i.e. Slash + Screw The Rules, I Have Money! ~ Pay Day.

The possible effects are as follows (and must be specified when Screw The Rules, I Have Money! is used):

- +20% accuracy ($2)
- double the chance of inflicting a critical hit ($4)
- 1.5x the chance of secondary effects triggering ($3)
- type of Hidden Power changed to any type of Seto's choosing ($1)
- increase a random stat by a chosen amount (does not require linking) ($1 for 1 or 2 levels, +$1 for every level thereafter)
- increase a chosen stat by a chosen amount (does not require linking) ($1 for 1 or 2 levels, +$2 for every level thereafter)
- negate Seto's status conditions (does not require linking) ($1 for mild conditions, $2 for moderate conditions, $3 for severe conditions; prices stack for each condition)

Usage gap: 3 rounds
To clarify - to increase a stat 1 or 2 levels, does that refer to *$1 per increase, or a choice of either one or two. Because the latter is suggested, and if so, I'd say tweak that - as.. well.. there's no /point/ in paying for less. I do assume the former, of course, but it could use clearing up.
...also minor nitpicky grammar correction in bold. (THIS TIME I'M SURE OF IT OR AT LEAST I BETTER BE) C: *flee*

I..... am going to leave this one for Negrek. All my experiences with legend moves tends to get nixed. Personally, I think it looks balanced enough, considering the random selection aspect and tradeoffs, as well as the fact that it isn't Little One who gains the move - although one thing I might suggest is giving the option for the target to resist, lowering the accuracy to the way of 60% or so. (If they don't resist, as in they /want/ some mass destruction in their movepool, then it would still be 100% accuracy - but it would give the chance to throw a save should they want to keep, for instance, their signature attribute.)

I actually have a free voucher for it in the thread, and I did have a Bank account (Or I at least should have, I did request one about a month ago), but I never posted my profile in the thread, because I wasn't able to view my ID and I didn't want to make it with out that.
Very well.

A question: Will Signature approvers eventually be able to modify the ASB tabs if approving an move/attribute, or will that always fall to an admin?

Also, claiming these for real this time:
Gift Exchange

[Annika] Kojofuu (F)
<Regeneration>

[Soren] Kojofuu (M)
<Inner Focus>

[Zora] Zorua (F)
<Illusion>

[Ceil] Monozu (F)
<Hustle>
I'll add these in a moment. And yes, I anticipate that in the future approvers will be able to add/edit signature moves and attributes. At the moment even *I* can't do that, though, so...

Knowledge is power, and the only power The Little One in the Flask is capable of obtaining. Certainly, his powers and ability to manipulate the physical world are vast, but he has still been stripped of freedom and liberty, shackled to his trainer's will by a poké ball and an institution dedicated to forcing his kind into combat. So he has come to treasure all the power his trainer doesn't keep from his reach, and has learned everything he can using every resource not locked away.

As it turns out, the rarely-used Asber library contains tomes of even the most obscure legends, those pokémon who would never be chained or see combat. The Little One in the Flask was fascinated by such a prospect, and learned everything he could about them. And, when delving into their lore, he learned of even their most treasured secrets, written in the blood of the most dedicated and foolish scientists the humans had to offer. Every single move known to man had been documented, but The Little One in the Flask was only interested in the highest knowledge offered. And, while he doesn't have the physical power to perform such rituals himself, he can teach others the knowledge he has gained.

To perform this move, The Little One in the Flask makes a tempting offer even the most suspicious opponent would find difficult to refuse: power beyond all imagining, the one thing all pokémon strive for. When they agree, as most eventually do, they drop their defences and allow The Little One in the Flask to reach in and give them the knowledge he has worked so hard to obtain. But if they refuse? Well, The Little One in the Flask is aware that all pokémon do truly wish for more power, and will persist in the offer; despite initial misgivings, the target may agree to The Little One in the Flask's dramatic speech.

Though nothing physically occurs until the target screams, the target is subject to an illusion where everything is replaced with a featureless white plain and The Little One in the Flask is replaced with a shape similar to the target's own, but with no colours or features but a sadistic grin. A gate floating in the air opens, and black arms grab the target, drawing it inside. The target then sees streams of knowledge reaching out toward it and pouring into its head, causing an intense headache. But The Little One in the Flask hasn't lied, this time. The target returns in less than an action, with the knowledge The Little One in the Flask promised... but at a terrible price.

Psychic ~ Special ~ Base Power: 5% ~ Accuracy: Never-miss if the target accepts, 60% if the target refuses ~ Target: Single ~ Energy: 5% if the target accepts, 7% if the target refuses ~ Duration: Forever

Effects: The Little One in the Flask opens up the gates of truth to the target, revealing to it a power known only to the gods. Information is poured into the target's head, causing mental strain worth a nigh unchangeable 5% health; even dark-types cannot withstand this stream of information. There is too much information to take in at once, so for the most part, the target is left only with mental pain; however, even the slowest pokémon will manage to pick up a scrap of this information. The target learns one of the legendary signature moves at random, that is, one of the following:

aeroblast, bolt strike, crush grip, dark void, doom desire, freeze shock, fusion bolt, fusion flare, glaciate, heart swap, ice burn, judgment, lunar dance, luster purge, magma storm, mist ball, psycho boost, psystrike, relic song, roar of time, sacred fire, sacred sword, searing shot, secret sword, seed flare, shadow force, spacial rend, techno blast, v-create

But truth only brings despair to the conceited, and the pain, as it turns out, is merely a side-effect of the move, not the price. And the gatekeepers of the truth violently enforce the principle of equivalent exchange. The cost for such an awesome power like that of the gods is everything that makes the individual pokémon unique. With every use of Despair for the Conceited, in exchange for a new legendary signature move, the target loses one of the following attributes in the following order:

1. Signature attributes
2. Signature moves
3. Other body modifications
4. Other move modifications
5. Abilities
6. Typing (secondary types are removed first; typeless pokémon take neutral damage from everything and don't have STAB)

Once the pokémon has run out of things to exchange, it can no longer obtain knowledge, as it cannot pay the price. It then becomes immune to this move for the rest of the battle.

Naturally, the will of the pokémon is chained to that of its trainer. After this move is commanded, the trainer can post to accept or reject the offer of greatness; if no answer is received within the normal DQ period, the pokémon will by default accept the truth.

Usage Gap: 3 rounds from last usage

Last edited:

Kusa: Well.. personally I'd go out on a limb and say that looks okay, except 10% damage for the refusal recoil is just a tic high for a Solosis, perhaps lower it to around 7%, and I'd personally be okay with it, unless Neg thinks otherwise.

Anyway, as for me~

zorua
Zora (F)
<Illusion>
Signature Move: Illusion Hunt

A naturally skilled illusionist with a somewhat twisted mind, Zora is no stranger to the power of deception in combat. With a carefully trained control over the mind's eye, she can expand her illusionary powers to engulf her opponent in an alternate landscape, tapping into their deepest fears and shattering their will to fight. While trapped in the illusion, the target will appear frantic and fearful, darting about incomprehensibly and unaware of the real world - while to their sight, they will be engaged with something which causes them great duress. Although no physical harm can be dealt by such an illusion, the target will effectively lose their next action - while Zora may take the time to reform a personal illusion of the trainer's choice - be it a party Pokémon or a piece of the landscape, and be essentially granted concealment until she takes another action or the opponent has time to calm down. After being affected by this move, the target will be highly panicked and stressed, causing them to expend extra energy for a time should they take any action, and - if Zora has taken the form of a landscape feature - unable to effectively target her, even with the help of special moves such as Mind Reader. Of course, such trickery will only work once, and once re-emboldened the target cannot be affected again by this move for the rest of the match.

Type: Dark / Type: Supportive / Target: Single / Accuracy: 100% / Energy: 15%

Effects:
When used, the target becomes engulfed in an illusionary world which taps into their fears, causing them to become panicked and un-receptive to the outside world. The target does not perform their next action, and becomes panicked for 5 actions - causing their actions to cost 2% extra energy. However, chilling will allow them to cool their nerves, and will restore an extra 3% energy.
Additionally, Zora may take a new personal illusion - as PM'd to the referee - and the target will be unable to target Zora unless she makes an attack, or until 3 actions have passed, at which point the target will have calmed enough to notice discrepancies in landscape, or behaviour.
In a multiple Pokémon battle, Zora may choose to take the form of one of the Target's team mates, causing them to have a 50% chance of accidentally attacking their true accomplice, until action is taken which breaks the illusion as normal.

Usage Gap: Once per target, per battle

...Herping the biggest derp. Apparently I thought it would be a good idea to fall asleep somewhere between re-reading the move over and actually posting.

Well.. From my end, I'll call it okay. Approved.

You said to claim your vouchers here if they aren't showing up in the forum hack, correct?

One litwick (litwick) please.

[Candlestine] Litwick (M)
Flame Body

Okay, I have a lot of stuff that I'd like to get approved.

[Gish] Slugma M (Flame Body)

Body Mod: Cool Head

It is no secret that Kam's team likes ice cream; Fudgie in particular eats boatloads of ice cream every day, and Frosty likes it as well, if only to wear the bowls on his head.

The exception is Gish, who despite liking the taste of ice cream (he prefer strawberry) was never able to enjoy it for obvious reasons; as a Slugma, the ice cream melts before he can eat it.

Feeling pity for the slug, Chill and Zero were commissioned to create a bowl that would keep the ice cream in it in permanently frigid ranges. An early prototype of the bowl proved successful, so Kam had several larger ones created. He placed them on the shelf in precarious positions.

This was all fine and dandy, but then one day Frosty rammed into the wall and the super-bowls happened to fall on the ground. Seven of the eight bowls fell on the ground and harmlessly cracked.

The last one fell on Gish's head.

With a mighty BWOP, the bowl landed on his head. Gish raced around in circles on the floor, bashing his head against the wall in an attempt to knock of the constrictive helmet. Unfortunately, Gish could not handle the freezing temperatures and he was knocked unconscious.

When he woke up, he found that his head had frozen into solid rock, and that the helmet was permanently stuck to his head. After drilling some eyeholes into the bowl, Gish found that his head was a bit sturdier and rockier.

Effects:

Gish has a modified ice cream bowl on his head.

As a result, attacks to his head are treated as if they were attacking a rock-type. His defense stat starts at +3 (but only if the attack hits his head), and his speed starts off at -4.

When attacks hit his head, his helmet will crack. Therefore, he is treated as if he had the ability Broken Armor; his defense will be lowered one stage, and his speed will rise one stage. His speed cannot rise or fall above or below 0 as a result of this attack, and stat multipliers cannot surpass the usual -6/+6 as a result of this attribute.

He has no peripheral vision, and therefore can only see straight ahead of him.

He also gains access to the move Head Smash. He does not gain STAB on the attack, and the recoil from the attack will count towards breaking his helmet.

Back
Top Bottom