• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokémon Registration Office

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pokémon Registration Office

Buying my pokemon team :D

Chickorita (Male)
ability: Overgrow
($10)

Cubone (Male)
ability: Lightning Rod
($10)

Mareep (Female)
ability:Static
($7)

45 - 27 = 18
Bank

Yays, I buying my team now!

(Zelx) Zangoose (Female)
ability: Immunity
($15)

(Spatz) Pichu (Male)
ability: Static
($10)

(Onikami) Poochyena (Male)
ability: Run Away
($5)

Bank

(Zelx) Zangoose (Female)
($15)

(Spatz) Pichu (Male)
($10)

($5)

Bank

So am I accepted, I'm somewhat eager to start...

Well then, I hate to be the one to break it to you, but your team and the link to the bank post need to be in the same post. You needed to repost the entire thing.

(Zelx) Zangoose (Female)
($15)

(Spatz) Pichu (Male)
($10)

($5)

Bank

Approved.

I'd like to get:

[Veneno] Spinarak (M) <Insomnia>
Body Mod: Poison Secretion
Veneno lived in a massive colony of Ariados and Spinarak before his trainer caught him. This colony was very aggresive and liked to poison their foes. They taught their children to keep extra poison on their fangs from an early age, as it would give them an edge in battle. However, it took extra energy to secrete poison to their fangs constantly.

Effects: All poison type moves and moves that involve Veneno using his fangs will have a 2% damage increase after all other calculations but will also take 1% extra energy. All move that can inflict poison will cause toxic poison but will take 3% extra energy.

Should be $5

Last edited:

I'd like to get:

[Veneno] Spinarak (M) <Insomnia>
Body Mod: Poison Secretion
Veneno lived in a massive colony of Ariados and Spinarak before his trainer caught him. This colony was very aggresive and liked to poison their foes. They taught their children to keep extra poison on their fangs from an early age, as it would give them an edge in battle. However, it took extra energy to secrete poison to their fangs constantly.

Effects: All poison type moves and moves that involve Veneno using his fangs will have a 2% damage increase after all other calculations but will also take 1% extra energy. All move that can inflict poison will cause toxic poison but will take 2% extra energy.

Should be $5

First of all, it's generally easier to get the Pokémon approved before worrying about any modifications; that way, you don't have to wait for the Pokémon itself if it takes a while for the mod to go through. I'll go ahead and approve the Spinarak itself this time, but just for future reference.

As for the mod itself, I'm a bit iffy on it. Toxic poisoning is pretty potent and popular in ASB, and having all of Spinarak's poison moves cause it at the cost of only 2% extra energy seems a little overpowered. Poison Sting, for example, barely costs any energy anyway and certainly less than Toxic; adding 2% to that miniscule gives you damage, higher accuracy and a toxic poisoning condition? Spinarak doesn't get too many poisoning moves as it is so it isn't that bad, but 2% energy still seems a tad low. Toxic generally costs around 4-6% energy under most ref's scales where Poison Sting costs about 1-3%; I'd say at least a 3% increase in energy cost.

The damage increase is fine.

Also, to clarify--this doesn't increase the move's original chance of causing poison, does it? To go back to Poison Sting as an example, that still only has a 30% chance of causing the condition, right? If it is intended to increase the poison chance, remove that effect. And does this affect Toxic Spikes, and if so, how? Is the 1% energy cost you mention in the first sentence cumulative with the 2% increase for toxic poisoning? Would using Toxic Spikes or Toxic itself have an increased energy cost as well?

Making my first team purchase, please~ :>

[Amaturasu] Riolu (Female)
Ability: Inner Focus

[Alya] Duskull (Female)
Ability: Levitate

[Aysu] Chinchou (Female)
Ability: Volt Absorb

20 /10 / 10 for a total of 40.
Bank Link

Last edited: