• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open Rebirth

((Rule 3 applies to everyone, Caboose))

Trying to flee, Cicada managed to silently crawl out of the bracken and continue on all fours out of the odd forest she was in. The end had to be nearby. She would follow the place where most light was coming from.

It turns out it was merely a small clearing with a stream running through the side of the circle.

Relaxing, Cicada dipped a claw in the freezing water, but still kept an eye out for anyone approaching.

((I miss Splices Peril))

The Leafeon kept on spying from behind the bushes, until he saw that the Scyther managed to draw blood. The sight of the blood triggered something in his mind. He heard screams, though nobody seemed to be screaming.
Oh my god! Urp..., he heard in his mind, along with the sound of blade piercing flesh.
He watched the pink creature curl up and sob. In his mind, he heard many children sobbing. Unable to stand the maddening sounds in his head, the Leafeon resolved to end them. He leapt out of the bush and tackled the Scyther, hardly caring what happened to him.

Lupistar watched as a bracken-cat attempted to tackle a scythe-armed insect. He didn't like the fighting, but he thought he couldn't do anything about it. He moved his nose to the sky and took a small leap forwards in a rapid movement, only to find a small thunderbolt aimed for the leaf-feline.

((Time to get myself involved :3))

Nevra drifted around, staring at her surroundings, feeling intensely disturbed by them.

She both relaxed and tensed when the tall figures surrounding her were left behind, and the scenery changed to grassland with some trees ((I think so, am I right?)). There weren't so many noises pounding the air here, but it was even more open, and the colors were even brighter and less familiar.

She wandered, eventually noticing a group of several differently shaped and colored things that could move on her own, just like her. There had been some back in the place where she had 'woken up,' but they had looked to shiny and sounded to loud for her to approach comfortably.

She nonverbally wondered if they knew what had happened and drifted over to them, unconciously giving off an aura of curiosity and fear.

((EDIT: In case it's unclear, the group is the one with Alina in it))

The next few seconds continued to feel like they were in slow motion. The Scyther was momentarily stunned by the impact he felt against his side. His tough armor had taken the impact of the Clefable's fist, the power of which surprised him. The armor itself had stopped it from going into his body, after impacting him on his right side, just above the abdomen, but the impact created a kind of shockwave of pain that resonated throughout his body. He stopped and slowly turned around toward the Clefable and Gardevoir, growling. His pain was fueling his adrenaline, but before he could move again for another attack, he heard sounds. First a buzzing sound, then a ruffling sound against the grass. Others were here?

Then, dirt from the ground began to pick up, swirling around the battle. The Scyther could hardly see anything... his prey, now cowering in a ball, was practically invisible due to the sandstorm, but he could still hear its wailing of pain. He did the only thing he could at the time, and attacked what he could hear. The first thing happened to be the oncoming Leafeon. He spun around, slashing his blades in a circular motion at the ruffling grass.

She jumps back from the battle as it gre to contain more pokemon. She shakes her head, scared of what was happening.

Defend...protect...guard...

She reaches her hands up her her head, blocking her ears to stop the voice.

Defend your friend...protect your family...guard the life...

The voice was male and familiar, soothing her timid soul.

"..father..."

She looks up at the fight, a wave of bravery coming over her. She holds out her hand and closes her eyes, feeling a pressure build up within her. A purple glow appears around her.

She opens her eyes to reveal them glowing a solid purple. She lets out a yell and feels the wave sweep toward the attacking bug.

((Psychic.))

Lakey turned around at the sound of a screech to face the battle once more. A Leafeon had leapt into the battle, and now the Scyther was attacking it instead of the Clefable.

"What in the world is going on?" she screeched. The other Pokémon were just standing around, watching, while the Scyther looked as if it were trying to kill the Pokémon it was fighting. Nobody was doing anything!

Would you attack the Scyther to save someone you didn't even know? a small voice spoke inside her head. She shook her head, not knowing what she was supposed to do. Frustrated, she turned back to the Houndoom.

"Can't you do something about it?"

Phione followed everyone else's lead, (sort of) running towards the fight. She took a deep breath instinctively and suddenly used Ice Beam on the Scyther, half-freezing her own mouth in the process.
Whoa! How did I do that?!

It stung. The Leafeon didn't quite catch the Scyther, but the Scyther managed to catch up in the side. He just now noticed the sand blowing through the area, and some of it flew into his wound, which really stung. He landed, looked up at the sky, and willed the sand away. Miraculously, the sandstorm stopped, and the sun emerged from the dust cloud. It grew bright, brighter than normal, and oppressively hot. However, the Leafeon thrived in the new weather condition. He turned back to the Scyther, and this time, fired more leaves. However, this time they glowed and tracked the Scyther's movements.

Eric the Skuntank was ready for something to happen. He had a good night's sleep, and planned on conquering and ruling the world some day. (I still don't know what's going on.)

"Me...well. Fine. I'll stop the DAMN fight!" He barked.

Sighing, he loped over to the large..bug thing. He jumped as high as he could, something in him feeling wrong.He heard a faint whisper, a berating of sorts...
"You little, girl. You can't ever be a real man..." his mind growled at him in a slurred, drunken voice.
And then something snapped inside Lucifer as he landed on the ground.
"I..am NOT A FUCKING CHILD!" he screamed as that fiery feeling quaked in his jaw and spurted out of his mouth, enfulging the Scyther.

((Fire Blast))

Yahra spun down into the sand, with a thrill of being able to see everything, twisting she made a grab at the clefable, which missed. SHe turned again to see several pokemon attacking the Scyther, and dove down, sending a wave of purple fire at the first thing she saw, a Houndoom breathing fire onto the Scyther. She twisted agian, diving in closer to attack agian, her claws outstreched.

(DragonBreath, then DragonClaw)

The Scyther could see several attacks coming at him. He tried to leap away from the Ice beam, but was hit hard by the incoming Psychic, and slashed at by razor-sharp leaves. Stumbling back and sitting on the ground, feeling dizzy, receiving a headache from the psychic, he could only watch as a blast of fire approached him, signaling his doom... only to be canceled out by a strange purplish mist. Looking up, he saw another large reptilian insect... a beautiful female Flygon. The Scyther grinned, speaking to her. "Thank you... Let's take care of these guys." It gave him enough time to climb back to his feet. He flapped his wings and spun around, focusing his power into his blades' movements... feeling stronger from his motion. He then charged straight at the Gardevoir, aiming his wings at her then spinning around to slash a blade at her, in one fluid motion. (swords dance, wing attack, then slash)

Safe. That was good.

Cicada looked back over her shoulder. What an intense battle... didn't look too good. Grabbing a tree trunk with her claws, she began to haul herself up. There, she rested herself belly-down on a moderately low branch, waiting to see what was going on. The Scyther was retaliating quickly, although he had been hit hard...

Crap, thought Lakey, now the Houndoom's involved and everyone's fighting. What the hell am I supposed to do?

The answer was quite obvious, actually: she'd have to join it, else she'd be stuck there watching these Pokémon battle for no well-explained reason when she had just lost her memory and wasn't supposed to be a Pikachu.

... wait, if she wasn't supposed to be a Pikachu, how the hell was she going to join the fight?

She closed her eyes and tried to cast energy from her cheeks, remembering from the little she remembered about the way Pokémon attacks worked that that was how Pikachu - and other Electric types, but at the moment she was thinking Pikachu - used its electric attacks.

There was a crackling noise, and Lakey's eyes whipped open to see the electricity strike a spot on the ground several meters away from her.

The attack had worked - only it had missed.

She focused the energy in her cheeks again, feeling it slightly easier now that she knew how to work it. Instead of letting her attention wander, she focused on the Pokémon now battling in front of her. There was another crackling noise, and a high-pitched scream. She opened her eyes to see sparks flying around one of the Pokémon in the fray - she could not tell which, but that didn't matter; what did matter was the fact that she had successfully sent a lightning bolt right into the battle.

She smiled slightly, narrowed her eyes and leaped into the battle with her paws outstretched, her cheeks sparkling with electricity once more.

((The Pokémon she hit with the first attack - Thundershock, by the way - was not specified, so anybody can feel free to take the attack (although I'm not sure anybody particularly wants to take a Thundershock :P)))

Hesitant to approach now that everyone was fighting, Nevra floated amidst some bushes.

She had no idea why they were attacking each other. Were they testing out their new abilities? Had they all upset each other? Or were they just particularly violent?

She was wary that the last option was true, and feared that they would attack her too. Instinct told her that the various bursts of fire, as well as the green one's scythes, would hurt.

Nevra became even more scared when a blast of electricity hit the ground less than a foot away from her. She would've fled, but she was sure that if she tried, she would be spotted by atleast one of them.

Able to see that the battle wasn't going to calm down, Lupistar turned and began to run, shooting straight up the nearest tree. As soon as he felt his paws touch bark he stopped, landing on a branch next to Cicada. He turned towards the Scizor, a look of sympathy in his eyes.

"Any idea how we can stop the battle?" he asked calmly.

--

Sorinak could see trees. He rambled slowly over the ground, almost whistling to himself as he unknowingly approached the battle.

Lucifer was hit by a golden beam of light..no wait, electricity-that hurt like hell. A beam of scorching-hot, purple fire that vaugely reselmbled his own smacked him in the rear.
"Gaah! Who the hell-" he whirled around, seeing the Pikachu that told him to enter this babaric fight. Treading away (not that he wanted to continue) he shouted at her. "What the hell? I was doing what you TOLD me to! If these morons want to kill each other after I tried something, it's not my freaking problem!"

Last edited:
Yahra spun around and slashed at a pokemon who had green hair and what seemed to be white dress on. She felt her tail hit something as she spun. She laughed, this was amazing, her mobility and speed, she growled and let out a yell of excitement.

She let out a scream as the bugs's attacks landed on her, cutting deep into her arms and chest. She stumble back and looks up at it in fear glazed eyes.

It...It hurt me....

She closed her eyes, tears starting to roll down her cheeks. Her blood dips onto the grass below her, the smell bring flash back into her mind.

PainBloodAbandonedAloneAlinaSuicideWhispersRumorsDeath

"....f...father...."

She opens her eyes and looks into the eyes of her attacker, fear gripping her heart. In the back of her mind, a female voice mutters a soft lullaby. Her eyes take a blue glow, a invisible wave flowing through the air. She starts to mutter the soft song under her breath, a calm feeling coming over her as the wave she emits takes a calming form, as if lulling the one her eyes were locked with into a peaceful sleep.

((Hypnosis))

Back
Top Bottom