• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Recommend me a game.

Music Dragon

Doosic Maggon
Pronoun
she
I'm looking for something RPG-ish. But basically anything where you get to cast flamboyant spells and blast stuff is good, RPG or not. I'm mostly in it for the explosions. Just recommend whatever you think I'd like.

Uh, so yeah.

Yeah pretty much tf2 is great in almost every possible way. You're uncultured and you don't have a 360 so I can't recommend a plethora of bitchin' arcade titles. :[

i'd so recommend earthbound but snes isn't in the list of consoles you listed

uh replay pokemon g/s/c? mother 3 for gba? (it's in japanese though but some fans are doing a rom translation) or tf2 since it looks amazing. i've not played it since i don't own a 360 and don't plan to but yeah i've heard that it's awesome.

Psychonauts, definitely. Great fun, good dialogue, awesome levels and graphics and psychic powers.

I mean you get into some paranoid conspiracy-theorist security guard's brain to find the Milkman while passing through checkpoints of creepy and hilarious 'agents' disguised as B-movie detectives right after you fight a giant lungfish how cool is that.

Disgaea: Hour of Darkeness is a really fun turn-based RPG. Like Final Fantasy Tactics with a seriously twisted sense of humour. Has lots of stupidly flashy super attacks but the graphics aren't brilliant for a PS2 game.

Tales of Symphonia and Baiten Kaitos on the GC are great, too, though not as BIG EXPLOSION-ful.

Well since everyone else beat me to it, I'm seconding Team Fortress 2, Tales of Symphonia, and Disgaea.

There's always Diablo II, though it's very addictive, then you get bored once you get yourself super powerful. But it lasts a long, long time.

Skies of Arcadia is a nice game, originally for Dreamcast, but remade for GC as Skies of Arcadia Legends. Very lighthearted sort of storyline that greatly contrasts with the dark storylines period (2000) JRPGs had. Nice and flashy. And it's about pirates. Hard to find nowadays, though.

Dungeon Siege II is a nice PC RPG, and it's got the flashy spells you specified.

Good recommendations, everyone. I'll look into them.

I've already played Diablo II, and I'm actually waiting for Diablo III expectantly; it's a great game... because you get to explode stuff.

I am the Milkman. My millk is delicious.

Um, yeah. Psychonauts is awesome in many ways. You'd like.

As for RPG-ish with flamboyant blow stuff up spells?

OBLIVION.

SERIOUSLY GUYS

Back
Top Bottom