• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Reverse Mafia [D3]

Re: Reverse Mafia [N2]

I'm vanilla -- I haven't had anything to offer, if that explains my inactivity. Any posts of mine would have been useless because I have nothing to contribute to the conversation.

It seems to me like you usually say at least something. Just a little bit suspicious in my opinion. :/

Hiikaru ♥;523669 said:
We wouldn't be offing someone that hurts us with Bobino.

Since he's not helping us either, lynching him would be neutral. If we decide to lynch someone else, there is a chance they will be mafia, there is a chance they will be useful, and in any case they will be someone who contributes. If Bobino turns out to be mafia, the mafia can win one turn sooner if we don't end up killing him, and the town can have killed all the other mafia and still not have won. We will never have any more reason to kill him than we do now (well, unless no one dies a couple of nights days in a row) and we have an extra lynch we have to use up. And if he's scum, don't expect the mafia to take care of him. It seems like Hiikaru is proposing a random lynch, and that doesn't sound like a good idea to me.

Well, we're all scum, right? I hate do admit it, but there's a good chance that whoever we lynch will turn up as scum. That said, I'll bandwagon on Bobino and Flower Doll.

It seems to me like you usually say at least something. Just a little bit suspicious in my opinion. :/

Sometimes people suddenly have nothing to say! I haven't seen Glace playing, though, so it might be suspicious.

Also vanilla people can definitely have a lot to say, as Eifie said, so that's not really a reason!

Um, I don't know if it would be better to go for someone who generally doesn't contribute to discussion or for someone who might but hasn't even been online and might not be online for a while (on the other hand, maybe ey could be). This would be an easier decision if I knew anything about how Bobino plays mafia, I guess. (does anyone?)

I'd prefer someone who generally doesn't contribute, I guess! I kind of doubt Bobino will show up (because that would be convenient), but regardless that's a mystery! And there are enough other reasons to lynch not-Bobino, anyway.

Good point. Although it doesn't get rid of the possibility that he could be a powerless innocent lackey or a role of that sort, him not being around is a good reason not to kill him.
I think that since Glace and Superbird have posted, those were the only two inactives left. Should someone take his place, or should we not take the risk and at least avoid killing someone who contributes?

I'd rather let someone take Bobino's place; I guess that's a bit riskier, but then maybe we'll actually be doing something useful, so that would be good. We can't stall lynching someone potentially useful forever, so maybe it's best to try it out now when we have enough people to afford it.

Since he's not helping us either, lynching him would be neutral. If we decide to lynch someone else, there is a chance they will be mafia, there is a chance they will be useful, and in any case they will be someone who contributes. If Bobino turns out to be mafia, the mafia can win one turn sooner if we don't end up killing him, and the town can have killed all the other mafia and still not have won. We will never have any more reason to kill him than we do now (well, unless no one dies a couple of nights days in a row) and we have an extra lynch we have to use up. And if he's scum, don't expect the mafia to take care of him. It seems like Hiikaru is proposing a random lynch, and that doesn't sound like a good idea to me.

Of course I'm proposing a random lynch! What else can we do, we don't actually have information! Lynching Bobino is also essentially "random" - we don't know for sure ey's good to lynch, just that ey isn't contributing.

Lynching any other inactive person is just as random, only with the chance that they might be a problem role. If Bobino's innocent, then even if ey becomes don, ey can't do anything, because ey doesn't even log in to submit day-actions. Ey can't hurt us! Ey's not a problem role.

So you're right that there are definitely some pros to lynching Bobino (and cons for anyone else), but I'm kind of more concerned with the fact that lynching em won't get rid of a problem person, but lynching someone else might. I understand that a neutral lynch is good, sure! But I don't really want to, it isn't particularly useful!

Which is why I guess I'm going to also vote for Glace?

Reading my post again, it seems kind of obvious that it'd probably be better to lynch someone who generally doesn't contribute! I'll use my second vote on Glace then, which I think means Glace and Bobino are tied? So I guess that'll give us another twenty-four hours if nobody else votes.

I'm really sorry I haven't had anything helpful to say. I'm not a very experienced mafia player, tbh.

Bandwagoning Glace and Bobino

Discussion is extended for 24 hours.

(incidentally, Flower Doll, Bobino and Glace are currently all tied at six votes)

Hi, guys, haven't posted because I don't have any info ^^;

I'm gonna bandwagon Glace and Bobino for obvious reasons.

Glace and Bobino.

It's just that when I'm vanilla, I don't have any info and therefore don't have anything to post. I just really jump on bandwagons and stuff. (I'm not really experienced in Mafia, so!)

Well, posting more is how you get experience. I was a terrible player when I started. =\

Changing Flower Doll to Glace, Bobino remains.

Hi, guys, haven't posted because I don't have any info ^^;

Glace and Bobino.

It's just that when I'm vanilla, I don't have any info and therefore don't have anything to post.

I'm also vanilla, but I've written ~2000 words in this thread.

Having no information does not mean you can't play. (where, again, "play" means "talk" because this is a game about talking.)

I also talked quite a bit in my first game of mafia ever ever (despite not having an info role!!!), so being "inexperienced" (haven't you played a whole bunch of games?) also does not mean you can't play.

Mafia is not a game about "guys I'm inspector $person is a bad guy let's go" it is a game about talking, and you can do that regardless of your role.

Last edited:

The next day, two different shopowners would be treated to the marvelous sight of a different guy who died while trying to rob their places.

Glace is dead. He was scum.

Bobino is dead. He was innocent.

Re: Reverse Mafia [D2]

The innocents' best response to the recent bout of violence was more violence.

Strangely, Light Yagami's corpse had a wide grin plastered on, as though he had accomplished his purpose. Perhaps previously, perhaps in death. Who will ever know? The only person who did was him.

Light Yagami is dead. He was scum.

48 hours for discussion.

I suppose I have some information?

For the sake of not accidentally fucking things up by potentially outing Lovers or Masons or something, I'll censor the names.

So apparently [My stalking target] met with [living player] last night. I don't know what they did, as I was apparently forced to bail out before I could figure out what they were doing.

Hoo hoo hoo?

(MF says that the "bailing out" bit is because Trackers don't see what action is performed)
(Also, I didn't target RK-10)

Back
Top Bottom