• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Sexual Orientation

Hmmmmm!?

• Homosexual/gay

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • Heterosexual/straight

Votes: 71 51.4%
  • Bisexual/Pansexual

Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Other (please state)

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • Asexual

Votes: 16 11.6%

• Total voters
I don't find anything particularly interesting about sex either, to be honest. I know I haven't actually done it yet, but maybe I never will and just avoid all the annoyance I'm sure it'll present. Perhaps I'll find someone who has a rather low libido as well, and we'll get along juuust fine. :D

And by 'annoyance' I mean intimacy. I'm perfectly okay with sexual intimacy really, but it's not something I'd choose to do if I could avoid it. And I'm sure sex is perfectly pleasurable, but that's lower on my priority list than feeling awkward.

I don't really feel much sexual attraction, and I'm not sure whether I should ponder over being asexual for a while. [/random musings]

Then lighten up. Discrimination will never end when somebody feels that a specific group of people can't be targeted by playful jokes at all, especially when said targeted group also laughs at the joke. Example? I found out recently I have some French Canadian heritage. Does that stop me from cracking jokes about Canada? When Hell freezes over, I'll stop. Maybe.

What do you mean by 'said targeted group'? I'm possibly gay - I'm definitely attracted to other females - and I feel offended by it. Discrimination can be offensive for people in all manners of varying shades; which is why you should just avoid doing it altogether so you aren't offending anybody at all. Surely cracking a joke at something is less important than making people happier?

What! Since when is that not funny? I act gay all the time, and people seem to find it funny.

Then lighten up. Discrimination will never end when somebody feels that a specific group of people can't be targeted by playful jokes at all, especially when said targeted group also laughs at the joke. Example? I found out recently I have some French Canadian heritage. Does that stop me from cracking jokes about Canada? When Hell freezes over, I'll stop. Maybe.

Gugh. I don't really care about those who crack gay/Canadian/specific group jokes, but if someone's going to do it over and over, and act like it half the time, that's when it's going to bug me. At school, I'm surrounded by guys who are constantly giving each other lap dances, shouting "hey dude suck my dick and I'll suck yours", dry humping each other, somehow making orgasm jokes out of everything, etc. There's a fine line between cracking a gay joke and that. I don't really find it funny, but more annoying.

At school, I'm surrounded by guys who are constantly giving each other lap dances, shouting "hey dude suck my dick and I'll suck yours", dry humping each other, somehow making orgasm jokes out of everything, etc. There's a fine line between cracking a gay joke and that. I don't really find it funny, but more annoying.

I used to find that funny when I was 11 but now I just ignore it. :B
I'm not offended by gay jokes.. eh. Although Sireafi is right, there is a fine line.

I voted straight, because I didn't know what some of them meant. And yes, I actually am 15, almost 16, and I don't know some of this stuff. Anyway, I actually would be asexual based on the definition from this thread. I would like to have children someday, but I think sex is gross (never did it!) and I don't understand what is so pleasurable about it. I would rather adopt kids than add more to the population. Or, maybe dogs would be a better replacement...

Just so you know, I don't discriminate based on sexuality. My best friend just told me three years ago that he was gay. And I was fine with that. Then my other friend told me she was bisexual. I told her that I hoped she didn't like me, because it would be a waste of time; she told me not to worry.

Okay now I regret posting this message because it has started a lot of this argument based around Mike the Foxhog's replies to it. So...SORRY! Especially to you Mike. So I'll scratch out some.

I'm bi, and very proud of it, though at the moment I have a girlfriend. <3 Yay.

I once read in a newspaper that some girl bit off her boyfriend's bottom lip while they were kissing.

Therefore I have a problem with kissing. In fact I'm bloody glad I'll never get to kiss anyone. ^-^
That's just kind of dumb right there. Having a problem with kissing just because of that. That girl was... I don't even know what to say, but I think that's a stupid reason.

Drop the attitude... I don't like it.

Poor guy though. ]:

Last edited:
I guess, but in those cases it's easy to ignore. No-one ever sees the milk being extracted or the eggs coming out of the chicken. But when shoving your peeing apparatus inside what routinely serves as a drain for blood and dead cells and all sorts of other crap I imagine it's harder to ignore.
You'd be surprised. You get used to the idea as "Oh, hey, this is kind of disgusting, but it's worth it." And later the "Oh, hey, this is kind of disgusting" part just starts to fade away into an insignificant piece of nothing that you can prod at if you really want to but also just leave alone and forget about it in much the same way as the knowledge that you're eating a dead fetus.

(And at the risk of going TMI, this is not merely what I 'imagine'. I thought it would be harder, too.)

I believe (although i am nowhere NEAR certain) that I am bisexual, but with mostly hetero tendencies.

As in, I have had interest in ONE male, and he looked like a girl the first time, so it could have been easily fucked up teenage hormones and their appearance...

I believe (although i am nowhere NEAR certain) that I am bisexual, but with mostly hetero tendencies.

As in, I have had interest in ONE male, and he looked like a girl the first time, so it could have been easily fucked up teenage hormones and their appearance...

It's always funny when that happens. x3

That's just kind of dumb right there. Having a problem with kissing just because of that. That girl was... I don't even know what to say, but I think that's a stupid reason.

Drop the attitude... I don't like it.
I must make a mental note to put "j/k" more often when I make posts that are intended as jokes, way too many things are being taken seriously...

And how do you mean, you don't like my attitude? You can't accept me because I don't happen to have any sexuality?...

You can't accept me because I don't happen to have any sexuality?...

I was also one of the asexual people in here, and nobody had a problem with it at all. In real life, everybody seems to insist that there's actually something wrong with me, so this was a welcome change. I even got a bit of a compliment for it here actually, and you have no idea how good that felt (See my signature. Thanks, Cirrus :grin:). So I think it's safe to say that they aren't on you for having no sexual attraction to anything.

I haven't read the whole thread, but I think the general consensus (Correct me if I'm wrong you guys) is that you're acting a bit immature about all of this. I'm not saying that you are immature, but if you don't keep an eye on the way you're saying things, it's easy to come across as such. I mean, even if your points are valid, they could be getting lost being lost in the fact that you're coming across as being defensive, and it seems like you're taking everything personally. Just be a little more careful with how you word your posts, and everything should be okay. After all, I seriously doubt everybody's on your case because of your sexuality (Or lack thereof).

I haven't read the whole thread, but I think the general consensus (Correct me if I'm wrong you guys) is that you're acting a bit immature about all of this. I'm not saying that you are immature, but if you don't keep an eye on the way you're saying things, it's easy to come across as such. I mean, even if your points are valid, they could be getting lost being lost in the fact that you're coming across as being defensive, and it seems like you're taking everything personally. Just be a little more careful with how you word your posts, and everything should be okay. After all, I seriously doubt everybody's on your case because of your sexuality (Or lack thereof).
Must be the misunderstood joking statements. Sorry.

Yup, I'd say that's definitely part of it. lol. That's one problem with internet discussion is it's sometimes hard to tell if somebody's joking or not. If it's spoken, you can usually tell by the person's tone of voice and facial expressions, but you don't have any of that online. Which, some would argue, is a good thing... :blank:

Back
Top Bottom