• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Shinies

I will edit this post if I have any more goals or if I catch another shiny, so check back once in a while, okay?
If I remember correctly, these are my shinies, sorted by how long ago I caught them:
1. Bellsprout, obtained at Lv. 20, I think, on whichever Route is east of Celadon City, Route 22 if I remember correctly. In LeafGreen. May have restarted and lost it.
2. Sandshrew, caught at Lv. 6 on Route 4 in LeafGreen. Have also completed the Pokedex.
3. Marowak, caught at Lv. 47 in Sevault Canyon in LeafGreen (again, seems to be my lucky game). Named KIMIMARO, traded to Emerald and cloned. I gave one clone to my Diamond, one to my sister's Pearl, one back to LeafGreen, and one is still in Emerald.

Current shiny goals:
Blue: They don't exist in Blue. Duh.
Gold: None, since it doesn't hold a save file.
Crystal: Not catching the shiny Gyarados. Not aiming for any shinies currently.
FireRed: None currently.
LeafGreen: None currently.
Sapphire: Aiming for shiny Ralts.
Emerald: Aiming for any shiny, but preferred is a male shiny Taillow that I can evolve and breed with Toree, a regular old female Swellow that I have. Will migrate the baby Taillow to Diamond.
Diamond: Aiming for any shiny at all.

Wow, FMC, you have a shiny Purugly? Lucky D: But :D congrats.

Last edited:
Shiny Gyarados on Silver, named GIARI.

Also, Gardevoir cloned Kimimaro and gave me a copy.

I'm looking for a shiny Buizel on Pearl so I can evolve it into Floatzel. Female would be nice, but Male is fine too. Silvera...

I got a few off friends a long time ago but the only ones I can remember catching myself are Ludicolo, Mightyena and two Absols (go chaining)

And that damn shiny Geodude used Selfdestruct.

Wow! This got popular.
It seems that Ralts is a much-wanted shiny. I can't blame you guys, blue is the best shiny color EVER. Which is why I want shiny Yanma and Voltorb.:grin:

I have one shiny on LeafGreen, a Caterpie by the name of Lemon. When he appeared I stared at him for a full three minutes. :3 I'd evolved him to a Butterfree, but... I don't like pink. And I love yellow~ <3

I met a shiny Steelix on Victory Road in Diamond... he got away. ;.; Exploded out of a bunch of Dusk Balls, and then Ultra Balls... so I got his HP right down into the red... and he used Double-Edge and killed himself. I hate Steelix now. D<

There's also the red Gyarados, but that doesn't count. Nearly had a heart attack when I first saw it though (had no idea what a shiny was, but the only thought in my head was CAPTURE IT CAPTURE IT NOW). I'd love a shiny Metagross... maybe I'll try breeding for shinies.

I've got some pretty neat shinies:

The first one I remember getting (I had probably had shinies in my Gold before but I don't remember) was a blue Volbeat, which I caught in a Great Ball on my Sapphire.

Then, on my Leaf Green, I randomly found a shiny Weedle in the route above Cerulean, which is now a Beedrill. I forget what I was doing at the time. I also found a gold Pidgey in Route 1, where I couldn't get Pokéballs yet...

On Diamond, I have three chained shinies:
- Zigzagoon, which I encountered by accident. I was just chaining randomly and then the Zigzagoon was sparkly :D
- Nosepass, now Probopass, trying to use in competitive battling. It's not going well.
- Absol (my favourite). It had a Modest nature, so I nicknamed it Ruby and entered it in the Beauty Contests instead. She won the Master Rank without one of those contest items too. :D I also found her at a chain of 0. </bragging>

Unoun (N), Pikachu, three floatzels (gts), two fearow (cloned), three spearow (one gtsed) and an empoleon (gtsed). There was a pachirisu from the gts, but I think its hacked. (perfect ivs...)

And that damn shiny Geodude used Selfdestruct.
Happened with my sister once.

I also found a gold Pidgey in Route 1

Same here. My sis didn't know what it was so she fled.

I once had a shiny Poochyena named SEI BEAUTY in a previous Emerald file, but I started over, not knowing what it was ;_;

Oh yeah, and this happened twice. It was when we first started playing Pokemon. My sister found a shiny and thought it was sick. She fled and bought a Potion at the Mart, but when she returned it wasn't there XD dumb huh?

Yeah, that's about it, other than shinies mentioned in my previous post.

Emerald: Aiming for any shiny, but preferred is a male shiny Taillow that I can evolve and breed with Toree, a regular old female Swellow that I have.

What's so special about breeding a shiny Swellow with her? Just get any old Male Swellow.

I have a shiny Diglett, Pidgeotto, and Dratini. I'm not really aiming for much else. :s

:D yah. Her name is Kate and she's level 50-something.

Also, my Eevee is now a shiny Umbreon, male, named Ripple. If anyone has better names, please tell me.

; ;

Ripple sounds good. I probably shouldn't suggest any names. I am horrible with names. D:
I do like the name Shadow for an Umbreon though. But that's like the most common name EVAR.

I want to breed an Umbreon called Eclipse, personally

*coughIstillhaveclonesofmyshinysharpedowhichImadewhileshewasaCarvahnaon myemeraldversionthatIcantradetopeopleiftheywantonecough*

Shiny Oddish in Gold, Ilex Forest. Used a Smeargle to catch it (said Smeargle ended up learning Absorb). Deleted later, actually (I don't care as much for shinies as some people do...)

Saw a shiny Exeggcute while I was at the beach, Chansey-hunting. Sound was down low and I was watching TV too so I missed the sparkle. Gold Exeggcute look real similar to normal Exeggcute, so I fled. Realized a second later that it was shiny. ;~;

Shiny Spinarak in Crystal. Training a Gastly before entering I-think-it-was-Violet-City, caught the Spinarak and named it Poisnspidr. I'm so original.

Shiny Rattata in FireRed. Named it YAHOOOOOOO. I was young and n00bish -_- I deleted it anyway.

And, of course, the shiny Gyarados.

Yay shinies!

On all three copies of Gold I own (hey, they're cheap these days), I found a purple drowzee. >.< I hate it, and the colour's horrible. But it's funny that I found it three times. XD

On Crystal, I saw a gold pidgey before I could catch pokemon, that made me sad. Then later, my Odd Egg hatched into a shiny Magby, and I felt better. :)

On FR, I saw a shiny weedle, but had no balls. :( Later found a shiny mankey in Dark Tunnel, and I was happy. :) Not gonna evolve it, since shiny primape looks just like regular primape.

Found a shiny marill in Emerald, which I kept and won't evolve, since I think green > gold.

I vaguely remember catching a gold caterpie somewhere, dunno if I still have it, though.

And I put all my shinies on Ruby, which is my uber game.

Edit: I forgot! I also have a shiny pelipper on my Ruby. *huggles Beau*

Yay shinies. :D

Back
Top Bottom