• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Shiny Noctowl! :D

Congrats, Butterfree! :D I've never found a shiny in the wild.

However, I was hatching eggs for a friend to find a certain natured Scyther for her, and one of the eggs I hatched happened to come out Shiny. I'm planning on cloning it.

The point being that you will be pretty much guranteed to find a shiny, which really nullifies the rarity and point of finding a shiny (bragging rights) because everyone has one. :/

Really, it's a pretty stupid idea. :|

Guaranteed? Ha. Have you actually even done it? Chaining is hard. Anything other then Magnemites and Voltorbs entails frequent breaking of your chain, and you'll constantly have to reset to find a good patch. Even at a chain of forty, it may or may not take ridiculously long to come across a shiny patch.

Oh, the point of having a shiny is bragging rights? People might just prefer the shiny color over the ordinary one. (Can you say Umbreon?)

Anyway, this probably isn't going to go anywhere, and this thread isn't about the legitimacy of chaining, so I think we should just agree to disagree.

;___; Noctowl is one of my favourite pokemon. The only shiny I've ever had is a shiny Kingler.

Congrats...

Though I already knew, congratulations again, Butterfree! Take good care of 'im, eh?
I'm still amused by how Verne connects him to Jimmy Neutron and Ultralord and everything.
...Now I'm imagining a Noctowl dressed up as Ultralord. How did I avoid that image earlier?

Well, congratz :D Finding a shiny without chaining is rare.

And I only have one shiny: Mightyena. I cleverly nicknamed her Star :/ But I'm proud of her, and I caught her on emerald near a town I can't remember the name of. Caught her on level 36, and she is now level 54 :D

It couldn't be completely idiot-proof. I can't get a chain past 20... Also, it's still a legit shiny whether you like it or not.

I've never seen a Shiny Pokémon in RSE onwards. I don't HUNT for them, but at the same time it would be nice if I find just one...

Congrats!

I only found one shiny: a Ponyta on Gold (now a Rapidash, which I can truthfully say has blue flames. :D). Lucky. :D

Great job Butterfree! I envy you! The only time I ever saw a shiny Pokemon was in the horrifying experience titled "The One That Got Away".

You see, so I was training on a few trainers outside of Vermillion city in FireRed. So this is what happened.

Me: Oh! Haunter only needs about 100 exp to get to the next level! I'll just fight a random Pokemon. *goes in grass* Lalalalala.
Game: Wild Oddish Appeared!
Oddish: Ding ding ding!
Me: OH MY FREAKING GOODNESS!!! IT'S A FREAKING SHINY ODDISH!! I MUST CAPTURE IT!!! *Goes to Poke Ball compartment on bag*
Game: No Poke Balls in bag.
Me: NOOOOO!!!!

It was the most horrifying experience of my Pokemon career. But I learned to always carry Poke Balls with me after that incident.

But I haven't found a shiny since... D:

I'm still amused by how Verne connects him to Jimmy Neutron and Ultralord and everything.

He's not the only one.

Face the wrath of Ultranoctowl, Robofiend!

Congrats, though. :D Sparkly things are always fun. I could bore you all with long and pointless stories about my own shinies and the none that got away, but Butterfree's Noctowl is more important right now! So. Enjoy Sheen.

(And I don't see anything wrong with bragging that you have the patience to sit through long attempts at chaining for a shiny. Being proud of the results of your effort is cheating because...?)

Awesomeshorts! Shinies are awesome in a bucket. I always end up revering my shinies. o_o Unless they're horrible colours. I have a shiny mankey. It's olive green.

Ew.

And let's not go into the shiny drowzee. >.< I found it on all three of my copies of Gold.

But congrats on finding a good shiny!

congrats!

ive never found a shiny just one on leafgreen in battletower which was espeon
which i really wanted.....
anyone know a quick way to get a shiny without chaining?

congrats!

ive never found a shiny just one on leafgreen in battletower which was espeon
which i really wanted.....
anyone know a quick way to get a shiny without chaining?

Save before taking/facing a one-tome Pokemon (Eevee, a starter, a legendary, etc). Take/Attack it. Soft Reset (Start+Select+A+B in all Pokemon games before D/P. Start+Select+L+R (Or was it A+B+L+R? *Shrugs*) in D/P) if it is not a shiny :D

Back
Top Bottom