• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Snom Mafia

Votecount (#322):
Superjolt | 1 | Keldeo (#317)
Seshas | 1 | Mist1422 (#19)

mewtini votes Seshas [->1] (#14)
Mist1422 votes Seshas [->2] (#19)
mewtini votes Seshas -> Eifie [1->1] (#63)
Trebek votes Stealth Rock [->1] (#111)
Trebek votes Stealth Rock -> mewtini [0->1] (#216)
Trebek unvotes mewtini [0->] (#217)
mewtini votes Eifie -> kyeugh [0->1] (#219)
mewtini unvotes kyeugh [0->] (#223)
Trebek votes Seshas [->2] (#226)
Trebek unvotes Seshas [1->] (#243)
Keldeo votes Superjolt [->1] (#317)

If you think I should take someone out or put someone into my voting pool, please talk to me about why!
More or less agree with your tiers (Blu excepted), but I'm feeling a bit more positive about Trebek. What do you make of his post here, where he pointed out that mafia might well be wagon-dancing to avoid getting hit by the popularity mechanic? (I thought I remembered you saying something about it already, but I can't find it in your ISO, so apologies if you've already addressed it.)

If you think I should take someone out or put someone into my voting pool, please talk to me about why!
agree with your lower tier. for the other one i think i wouldn't lynch trebek today and maybe i'm just softhearted today but i just think julia's entrance was so pure (heavily dependent on whatever she says next), likely because i don't think the "scumteam telling a wolf to go ask the thread how to play the game" narrative happens all that often

i guess it doesn't really matter since it doesn't sound like that second list is actually your voting pool anyway though? but i prooobably wouldn't vote either of those two toDay

Fair enough. Ask away, I'll try to answer any question as transparently as I can. I just think that meta questions like those two are not very good for AI answers, since it wouldn't relate to this specific game. Especially since no one here has played with me before, so they can't really deny or corroborate (though even then a player's meta can change). Which is why I tried to explain what my current town game consisted of to Keldeo.
That's fair! I'm sorry, I'm realising now that I might not have got my question across very well - I was actually more asking if you had any idea how wolf!you might play this game in particular. Which is what I was trying to get at with the example of "people who you think you might try to mislynch".

And do feel free to tell me to fuck off at any point if you think I'm just wasting time. It's a valid opinion.

Wait.. I think you posted an unrelated quote? To clarify, do you mean I'm not the only person who has pointed out that Mist hasn't contributed too much?
No, no, I meant that Mist isn't the only person who's been mentioning their own lack of contributions. In the quote I posted, Trebek does the same thing. sanderidge said something similar in #194, too, albeit in a slightly different context. In general, I think not having anything much to go on on D1 isn't really alignment-indicative, especially when there weren't any N0 kills.

To be clear, I do share your doubts about Mist and would like to see more from them to allay my concerns, I'm just not at the point of actually scumleaning them yet.

Could you try [to explain why #60 seemed bizarre]? :P Even if it doesn't make complete sense?
Uhhhhr, maybe? The more I think about it the less confident I am in it, but it kind of feels like a bit of an attempt to get people thinking about them as town? Like, presumably they realise nobody else has reason to consider them conftown, so treating it as a given (even for a joke) comes off as a bit disingenuous. But then again I did pretty much exactly the same thing at the start of #244, so perhaps I'm being way, way too cynical.

(Please don't base anything important on this. It's my second weakest data point, in a list of thirty-odd that undoubtedly follow Sturgeon's law, behind only "I happened to notice sanderidge's activity indicator this morning and it said she was in a PM".)

Hey Seshas, I get that the bold entries are active votes, but is there any meaning to the italicised ones?

i just think julia's entrance was so pure (heavily dependent on whatever she says next), likely because i don't think the "scumteam telling a wolf to go ask the thread how to play the game" narrative happens all that often
i don’t think the scumteam has to factor into it. if julia is scum, she probably just posted that without consulting her teammates.

Hey Seshas, I get that the bold entries are active votes, but is there any meaning to the italicised ones?
it denotes when you unvote a member of the mafia.

Thanks for the answers :)
That's fair! I'm sorry, I'm realising now that I might not have got my question across very well - I was actually more asking if you had any idea how wolf!you might play this game in particular. Which is what I was trying to get at with the example of "people who you think you might try to mislynch".

And do feel free to tell me to fuck off at any point if you think I'm just wasting time. It's a valid opinion.
LOL xD all right, I'll keep that in mind. I got what you meant, at least mostly. But I'll try again. If I was mafia this game, maybe I would try to poke holes on people's reasoning, like maybe about specific reads. Or just try to blend in more, so post less. For example, seeing that my suggestion about having more reps caused polemic I could have backed down earlier. Or not suggested it at all. As for a possible mislynch, maybe Mist or even you.
No, no, I meant that Mist isn't the only person who's been mentioning their own lack of contributions. In the quote I posted, Trebek does the same thing. sanderidge said something similar in #194, too, albeit in a slightly different context. In general, I think not having anything much to go on on D1 isn't really alignment-indicative, especially when there weren't any N0 kills.

To be clear, I do share your doubts about Mist and would like to see more from them to allay my concerns, I'm just not at the point of actually scumleaning them yet.
Ohhh, all right, I see! About Mist, specifically, they already explained why they haven't posted much, so I'm not too concerned about their lack of contribution atm. To clarify, I wasn't exactly scumleaning them, or at least not enough for me to vote for them, but it did make me a bit weary that they were trying to coast.
Uhhhhr, maybe? The more I think about it the less confident I am in it, but it kind of feels like a bit of an attempt to get people thinking about them as town? Like, presumably they realise nobody else has reason to consider them conftown, so treating it as a given (even for a joke) comes off as a bit disingenuous. But then again I did pretty much exactly the same thing at the start of #244, so perhaps I'm being way, way too cynical.
Oh, fair. I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing to do, unless the person seemed to be unnecessarily pushing it. Or, like, if their tone sounded fake somehow...

-
By the way, I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow, so I'm not sure if I will be present at EoD, but I'll try.
Also, this game is fun. ^^

@M Plus 7 - Nice to see you earlier! Do you have any thoughts on the game so far? What do you think your general strategy is going to be?

I have not read anything yet, but I will be sure to do that ASAP. I'm... unsure how to handle the mechanic of popularity, but I am assuming you all have discussed that at some length, so I will see what you all have said and if I have anything to add there.

Back
Top Bottom