• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Spore Chat

Is Spore any good?

• Yes! Amazing~

Votes: 18 72.0%
  • Meh.

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • No. Not all it's hyped up to be.

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Haven't Played it.

Votes: 2 8.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ooh, I've played a demo and liekd' it. Might get it when money allows/for my birthday.

Has anyone seen the Mewtwo/Salamence/Charizard/Empoleon Spore things on Youtube? XD epic win/fail.

Can someone explain converting other cities to me? Does it take a LONG time or do I have to somehow stop targeting an entertainment building?

Military: You auto target with a large group of tanks, they shoot everything and the city is yours.
Religious: You are projected by your vehicles, which also shoot beams of concentrated music to subdue turrets and make the citizens unhappy. This does cause them to get annoyed, and they throw Molotov cocktails at you, at least until you take it over. Yes, it does take a while, but if you have more vehicles, it goes faster.
Economic: Establish trade route after bribing them, put lots o' vehicles on it. When the meter is full, you can buy the city off their hands.

Make sure you have a lot of the type of vehicle you are using, it works better. And faster.

Another question:

How do I know what I need to do with terraforming to improve the T-score?

EDIT: I found it out.

Last edited:
Finally got Spore Addict and Universe in a Box (blame the delay in getting the latter on my brainfarting about the existence of the colony vehicle editor XD; ). Still working on Civil Engineer, and I'm now going for Bio Engineer, as well.

All of the editors I've used are as follows: cell, creature, tribal outfit, city hall, land vehicle (military, religious, and economic), sea vehicle (military, religious, and economic), air vehicle (military, religious, and economic), factory, entertainment building, house, citizen outfit, anthem, spaceship, colonist outfit, and colony vehicle (land, sea, and air, although I got the achievement upon doing colony land--in other words, before ever doing colony sea and colony air).

I've also used the creature tweaker, but I'm not sure if that counts.

May I joins? I've had spore ever since it first came out here and it's awesome :)

Unfortunately I haven't really got any particularly interesting achievements besides Identity Crisis, but I have tried to get Flight of the Bumblebee a few times. How many creations do you guys have?

I was put off buying it when I heard about the 2000 negative reviews on Amazon thing, but eventually my curiousity won out. I'm glad it did, I'm addicted to the damn thing...

I'm playing the space stage in two games right now. Here's one of my creatures:

Groowho.png

and here he is in his space outfit (Plus a better colour):
Groowho1.png

Groo-who. I think it's adorable. :B My other creature is called Strand. He has a different outfit now though, that one is old. I was aiming for an insect/dinosaur kinda creature, but he ended up sorta dragony.

Last edited:
Got Civil Engineer now. ^^ I'm still working on Bio Engineer, and I think I'm going to start working on Zoo Keeper, too.

How many creations do you guys have?

One hundred and eight total on the site, and a bunch of others I haven't uploaded yet.

Following that page, I found a link to a page about a new expansion pack.

It looks/sounds really good and I want it :) Did you guys know about this or were you just leaving me in the dark?
Oh and there is finally a multiplayer option coming in 2009, on an expansion called Creature Keeper where you raise them like pets. That was one of the main reasons I wanted Spore xD And they have revealed Spore: Hero for the Wii. This is so epic 8D

Last edited:
Sweetness!!!

I have finally reached the space stage!! I'm gonna go and play some more now.

Back
Top Bottom