• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Spore Chat

Is Spore any good?

• Yes! Amazing~

Votes: 18 72.0%
  • Meh.

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • No. Not all it's hyped up to be.

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Haven't Played it.

Votes: 2 8.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
XD I like it when you are a hologram (in space age) and an epic (one you may run into) tries to eat you. Then it decides you taste horrid and throws you away.

Where do you get the hologramness?
Yesh, spore is full of humorouse moments. My awful taste saved my life once. XD

Where do you get the hologramness?
Yesh, spore is full of humorouse moments. My awful taste saved my life once. XD

I think you can buy it after getting the highest diplomat badge thing. I haven't played in a while so I am not sure...

I think the Spore creators chose well with the Grox. You disbelieve their power, then you get blown up a few times and learn your lesson. < D

I like the sound of the expansion pack. Space stage is great, but I really miss being able to run around as my creature and put the wings to good use.

By the way, any tips on defeating the Grox? My spaceship has 11k health and I've got the strongest weapon, but I suppose diving into a head-on fight with them wouldn't be smart.

I like the sound of the expansion pack. Space stage is great, but I really miss being able to run around as my creature and put the wings to good use.

By the way, any tips on defeating the Grox? My spaceship has 11k health and I've got the strongest weapon, but I suppose diving into a head-on fight with them wouldn't be smart.

I haven't done it myself yet, but I believe I've read somewhere that you raise the T Score of some of their planets to 1. This will do quite the damage. You set up some bases along the way too.

Yeah, just fly around the planet making it a T-1, the air becomes "toxic" to them, they fly away and... voila! You have an empty planet from the Grox!

And, if you have insanely large spice routes on which you can make 15 million dollars per run (me) then you can have fun buying all the Anti-Matter Bombs you want! Those things will get rid of the Grox.

I tried the T-scoring against the Grox when I played as the Frip...then I got borred and started making zoo planets.

Speaking of T-Scoring, how do you get the planet to a high enough T-score that you can have more than one city on it? I've wasted about a million dollars on it now :/

You use the correct tools, first off. I use the infinite charge T-Scoring tools, all they require is energy. Once you get it to the next level, you place new species of plants and animals that are in your cargo hold. It will stabilize after the plants, and once you place the animals you are able to place a new colony.

Speaking of the Anti-Matter Bomb, has anyone got that Uber Turret? My friend said it instantly destroys invaders, which would be extremely useful.

Several of my planets have one, and yes, they are pretty sweet. Pirate raids on my planets that have uber turrets are generally very short-lived. X3

Oh, and I just got Careless Parent. X3

Last edited:
Lol, I find that somewhat odd. You have several Uber Turrets, and yet you still manage to get Careless Parent xD I guess they got killed through that enviromental thing? (Can't remember what it's called though)

I remember now, ecosystem collapse :)

Last edited:
Speaking of the Anti-Matter Bomb, has anyone got that Uber Turret? My friend said it instantly destroys invaders, which would be extremely useful.

Hah, I only have two. One on my home planet, another on the zoo planet that I have.

Lol, I find that somewhat odd. You have several Uber Turrets, and yet you still manage to get Careless Parent xD I guess they got killed through that enviromental thing? (Can't remember what it's called though)

I remember now, ecosystem collapse :)

Nah, just enemy conquest of weak planets. I don't recall the exact circumstances for the other four lost planets, but I suspect that they were all freshly-taken-from-the-enemy planets that were retaken by the enemy in the midst of a longish war, as was the case with the (temporarily) lost planet that earned the achievement. Most of my planets don't have uber turrets; the majority of them aren't even really very built-up. I've really only bothered to invest in the more valuable or interesting ones. I might bother to invest in more of them now that I'm no longer going for Careless Parent, though. X3

Considering how very few planets one has to lose to get that achievement, I'm actually surprised that it took me as long as it did to earn. o.o;

Well, I haven't really had invaders. But maybe it's because I don't feel like playing more then normal mode xD

Maybe it's because of how many colonies you had on a planet. How many did you have on the 'forgotten' planets? If it was only one, then that would have been easy; just get around five planets (that's how many, right?) in close vacinity and make war with another empire xD? Of course, I haven't tried that.

Yeah, that fifth one only had one colony, and I'm pretty sure the same was true of all the others.

Got Bio-Engineer earlier today. My current target list is now as follows:

Super Pilot
Wanderer Hero
Quietus Star
Zealot Passion
Knight Passion
Scientist Passion
Alter Ego

Already got that one. ^^ I still need Conclusion, though, speaking of achievements earned in Civ Stage. Just haven't bothered to get that one yet since I usually go for any red cards I need to get in Cell and/or Creature. (I should have bothered to get it way back while I was going for Warrior Passion. XD; Ah well.)

Well, I'd been looking for proto-planetary disks for quite some time but had had no luck. Then, very shortly after getting my scientist species to space, I find two of the things very close to their home system. Go figure. XD

Proto-Planetary Disk 1

Proto-Planetary Disk 2

Brief Video of the Proto-Planetary Disks

Got the hard mode achievements recently and went ahead and also grabbed Can't Win For Losing while I was at it. It was Civ stage in which I'd not yet bothered to get my butt kicked. Basically, I just ticked off the nearest city, sat back, and watched. X3

Back
Top Bottom