• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Strangest moment(s) at TCOD?

OH LOL THAT REMINDS ME!!

SURSKITTY
WATCH OUT
TERRY IS TRYING TO GET US DEMODDED FOR FLAMING.

... NO SRSLY.

This was quite a while back but I vaguely remember that as a solution to member validation problems at the time, it was set up so new members would only be allowed to post on one board (Newbie Boot Camp? Can't remember the name haha) until they had suitably "proved themselves" as worthwhile members. That was pretty hilarious, lasted like a week or something before it got scrapped.

It might have been that they needed a certain amount of posts to get validated, like 20 or something, which was especially difficult as they only had access to one forum where fuckall interesting discussion was had, so most people just gave up lol.

Yeah, it was something ridiculous like 20 posts or something. The sad part is it took like a week before somebody called the admins out on it.

I remember the reputation drama. I even remember that there was a thread made about... something in Forum Discussion and I reccomended having a mod-to-user ambassador. Which was kind of silly.

I remember the guest forum at Invisionfree! Good times.

Also, the time when Mew's Hangout was down gave the whole IF forums a collective heart attack.

In vBulletin 1 (the one that crashed), I remember that a bunch fo people registered early and pissed Butterfree off because she and Nidokingu had made this system where everyone's account would be transferred and they would even get a number (if they had that number pre-registered of course). Butterfree called the whole system off and then the numbers were up for grabs (I was supposed to be like 78, but I ended up being 32).

Oh, and the time when Butterfree made the mod forum accessible to all... everyone wanted it to be secret again. Which was, imo, quite a stupid decision.

Ah, TCoD... I can't imagine my life without it.

EDIT:
Shiva64, AK, and G8tr getting "banned".

OH SHIT I remember this! Some member "came out" as actually being a girl (or was it a boy) and all the mods were like "MY LIFE IS A LIE" and the normal members were like "WTF is wrong with you people?" Damn, I wish we had that archived; it inspired me to do a similar thing on another forum (which is now unfortunately gone).

Last edited:
I've not been here too long, but I can remember finding the whole desolater incident hilariously funny, because I actually knew him from another forum (he was a troll there as well). What I wouldn't give to see one of his completely ott posts again :P

The secret admirer system! I remember pretty much everyone (definitely including myself) as if it were the most awesome thing ever.

I assume it won't ever be coming back? :(

The secret admirer system! I remember pretty much everyone (definitely including myself) as if it were the most awesome thing ever.

I assume it won't ever be coming back? :(

OH MY GOD I REMEMBER THAT KINDA.
Twas the source of much warm fuzziness, not that I got many admirers back then but still.

OH MY GOD I REMEMBER THAT KINDA.
Twas the source of much warm fuzziness, not that I got many admirers back then but still.

Waitaminute I thought you didn't like it :/

I liked it too~ Could use a bit of not-everyone-thinks-Flora-is-an-immature-clingy-idiot fuzziness.

Waitaminute I thought you didn't like it :/

I liked it too~ Could use a bit of not-everyone-thinks-Flora-is-an-immature-clingy-idiot fuzziness.
That was Kratos. >>

Heh, I did wonder about what happened to that. Sometimes when I was bored I'd go and see if I could guess who my still-secret admirers were. And there were a lot.
I love you guys too <3

The secret admirer system!

I loved that stupid thing even though I only admired like three people and didn't get any back. xD

I remember Turbo going batshit in this one thread about how his friend told him that they're going to lock up everyone with ADHD or some BS. I think the thread was stickied for a while, even. :p

Back
Top Bottom