• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Suggestion Box

At least until some sort of a profile feature is integrated into the ASB Database, I think it would be useful to have a specific thread where referees can put their personal reffing scales/deviations from the accepted standard so that the battlers they're reffing for can see them. Probably an offshoot area of the Referee HQ, but I think using the same thread would be wrong.

I think you can do that here!

ETA: also you (general you) have probably noticed a lot more crits happening since we've moved to new mechanics. We were thinking of reverting back to starting crit rate of 5%, as it used to be. Anyone mind that?

Last edited:
Oh yeah, pathos, when you talk about reverting crit stuff, do you mean also changing it back to double damage instead of 1.5×?

In the shop, can there be a 'buy a random egg' thing? So for slightly cheaper than buying whatever rarity pokemon it is, you get an egg that you hatch manually (so you can gift it as a surprise pokemon) where you don't know what it'll end up being.

Maybe -- and this would be more difficult, I know -- rather than being purely random, it could be weighted towards pokemon that are less common in the league? Pokemon eggs they didn't get as many orders for, so they have extra ones in stock, which would also encourage people to branch out more than they might have otherwise.

Possibly have them grouped per every two or three rarities, rather than a random rarity 5 egg or something.

I really like this idea and it seems to have gotten bypassed. My apologies if it privately got taken into consideration, it just doesn't seem to have been addressed publicly and I really do like the idea.

Oh no I think the damage is good as it is now, just the rates are a bit high.

Let's go ahead with this now before the next tournament round starts.

I really like this idea and it seems to have gotten bypassed. My apologies if it privately got taken into consideration, it just doesn't seem to have been addressed publicly and I really do like the idea.

It's something we never really got around to, I guess. I could work on this, but since Zhorken's been taking a bit of a break from working on the db and I've got a backlog of changes (including sig stuff you guys!!) waiting to be merged in, it'd still be a while yet.

Oh, okay! Thanks for all the hard work you're all putting in, by the way. I'm sure once you're done with all these interface changes, it'll be great. The egg thing I think will add in some variety to the whole purchasing process (i.e. getting people eggs for a birthday surprise rather than offering them anything on you).

So, as I have found out from this battle, it is not possible to use Trump Card at full power because the Pokémon using it no longer has the energy required to complete the move.

Should we leave this as it is, or adjust it?

Yeah, I was going to bring that up. I seem to remember, though I can't find the post, that it's intentional that a full-power Trump Card will knock out the user. I think it should be a special case and not scale down with the amount of energy the user has left.

db feature suggestion: the ability to, when creating a battle, declare it as a tournament battle, which would let whoever's creating the battle give it to another ref immediately, set custom end-of-battle prizes, and alert the new ref and participants via the Trainer Bulletin when the battle starts and ends (like, "2 new tournament battles involving you have started (1 reffing, 1 participating)" or something?) It's probably not worth it or necessary, but the first two would make the whole process quicker since they would require less manual handing-out of stuff, and I guess the last one probably isn't necessary since pretty much everyone who's in the tournament is keeping an eye on the forum anyway. The custom prizes feature could also be used for ref test battles and things like the Pilferbot battle, which iirc has Rare Candies as prizes instead of money/experience.

We discussed this like five million years ago and then everyone forgot about it, but I would just like to draw all your attention to the fact that Sticky Hot Potato is now a reality.

For the sake of randomization, it might be cool to have a button on each species' page that just spits out a random move from their movepool.

I think it's kind of a longshot, but maybe once the tournament's over there could be a plot-driven event that affects the League. It could be like the Splatfests in Splatoon, where you choose a side, and whichever side accumulates the most KOs/inflicted damage/damage received/victories wins.

For the sake of randomization, it might be cool to have a button on each species' page that just spits out a random move from their movepool.

YES!

Also, it would be nice to have a little space to write a short description / background for our pokémon, for ref to use as inspiration and because I don't fucking procrastinate enough already.

Was it brought up before? I don't remember...

Also, it would be nice to have a little space to write a short description / background for our pokémon, for ref to use as inspiration and because I don't fucking procrastinate enough already.

Was it brought up before? I don't remember...
I think it was mentioned a while ago as being on the list, right next to signature attributes/moves.

Or at least movepools could be formatted as a numbered list, so that refs could more easily work out how many moves to roll out of and more easily find the move that corresponds to the number rolled, and would probably be more easy to implement to boot.

I still don't really get why a space for background info/custom sprites/theme music/whatever other miscellaneous info people want to keep track of needs to be implemented in the database at all, rather than putting it all in some sort of optional Profile Archive thread like it was when tCoDASB was run through the forum hack. That worked pretty well before and saves a lot of work on the database for something not everyone's going to take advantage of or pay any attention to.

Back
Top Bottom