Ether's Bane is a sword that absorbed the spirit of Lyra Heartstrings/Effercon/Rarity/rock-ground after stabbing him with feels. It just sounds appropriate.
OH MY GOD
I CAN'T EVEN. THAT IS AWESOME.
+1 TO YOU, MY GOOD PERSON
By the way, in case you don't remember, a history of my avatars:
- For a long-ass time, no avatar
- A ton of MLP stuff
- A ton of Homestuck stuff, culminating in the Non-Blind!Terezi avatar
- A Within Temptation album cover
- For one day, the Borussia Dortmund (that's a football [not soccer - the Americans have it wrong. :P] team from Germany) logo
- The DK (a professional Dota team, not Donkey Kong!) logo, my current avatar
Also, this is the point where I realize that, if I time-travelled to three years ago, spoke to myself from back then, and told him, "In three years' time, you will love Dota, Homestuck, and Madoka, your favorite cartoon hasn't been released in your time yet (Gravity Falls), and you will hate MLP," I think 2011!Bane would've only believed the Madoka bit. XD
(Yeah, I don't think I'll ever outgrow "XD". :P)
Maybe the aforementioned sword replaces fandoms, too?
(By the way, Dota 1 was released in 2003, and Dota 2 in 2013, so 2011!Bane would think I'd be talking about Dota 1.)
(Also, there'd be much more serious things to talk about to 2011!Bane, but this post is just about the fandoms.)