• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

TCoDcon!

also @ comment in response to comment with the flea on the wing on the fly on the frog on the bump on the log on the hole in the bottom of the sea -- did you seriously think that the hole in the bottom of the sea was from family guy or something oh god you poor people (just fyi hole in the bottom sea is a wonderful song I highly recommend it)

Actually yes, but I never had heard it before. Here is the song from family guy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yM4MO2i7sss

For some reason I remembered Peter singing it, but it doesn't matter since its still Family Guy.

And can someone PLEASE tell me what #tcod is?

I'd totally go. I mean yes my parents would probably say no but still. and I'd totally go to Iceland. yeah.

also people all of you complaining about aeroplanes or airplanes or whatever you call them wherever you are

do you not realise that everywhere on the earth can be reached by a combination of sea and land travel seriously I quite believe that a ferry to anywhere you'd want to go is cheaper than air travel unless it's somewhere like Italy where there's like a tiny gap where you can sail through if you were in a yacht (there might not be my knowledge of the world is pretty rubbish) but then again this is Iceland which is surrounded by water so there's bound to be a port somewhere

of course if you're on the west coast of America, then you're probably right with going with air travel
seeing that if you wanted to take a ferry then you'd have to head through the ARCTIC CIRCLE

Ferry travel is a little awkward, very time-consuming and if you want to travel decently (a in, have a cabin where you can sleep and bring a decent amount of luggage), pretty pricey as well.
From Plymouth to the Port of Roscoff it takes six hours. France and England are practically touching on the map. Ferries are just slow ):

I am in favor of TCoDcon in Iceland; however, it seems extremely expensive. :(
I'm also all in favor of a London TCoDcon (or some suburb of), seeing as flights there are cheapest from the US and /most/ people on here that live in Europe are reasonably close. The only problem for that would be the people on the west coast of America.
Theoretically, and east coast US TCoDcon is also nice, because Europeans and those from the west coast travel roughly the same distance. and our lazy asses on the east coast don't have to go far!
Though having separate TCoDcons for each continent would be fine, but I wouldn't get to see some of the cool people like Butterfree, Tailsy, Vlad, Danni, and opal. :(
However, we also have to take into account the fact that most of us don't live on our own and must have parental consent for something. Like Danni suggested, it would be a good idea for us to get together at a preexisting convention, but it would be ridiculous in the eyes of most parents to cross the Atlantic (and possibly the continental US, for those west coast Americans) for a convention.
A convention in Chicago is a good idea, seeing as I love that city and my parents say they might take us there sometime soon.

Who wants to go to KENYA with me?
What about Saudi Arabia?

Guam?

Yes, I'd LIKE to go. I probably wouldn't be able to go anywhere, though. My parents are a bit paranoid about 'meeting people on the internet'. Maybe if my friends actually used this forum, it would be cool.

Also, I've never been able to travel a lot because we can't afford it. Ideal location would be in the southern USA, but most desired location would be Iceland or something.

Edit: Hmm. We should make some kind of TCoD location project so that we can know where the majority of users live. Kind of like the Starmen.net one. That one uses Google Maps, so maybe we can make one as well.

Edit 2: Okay, I made the Google Map. That's a long address. If you'd like to be added to the TCoD location project, post where you live and I'll add it.

Last edited:
Edit 2: Okay, I made the Google Map. That's a long address. If you'd like to be added to the TCoD location project, post where you live and I'll add it.

Cardiff, Wales, UK here.

Last edited:
One of the northernmost counties in Illinois, USA is all I'm saying. >>

let's have it in narnia

we'd need wardrobes though, lots of them, and narnian wood is expensive! it's like making unicorn-hair underwear

Simultaneous TCoDcons all over the world! :o Webcams to communicate!

Cardiff, Wales here.

@ Murkrow: No, but that's the nearest city to me that's not Barry.

EDIT(damn postninja) : A webcam party sounds great! It's free too.

re: webcam party
uhn-tiss uhn-tiss uhn-tiss baby

i support webcam parties but i seem to lack a webcam to participate with D:

Back
Top Bottom