• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Average TCoDer

He is 16 years old, and is from Largeish City, English-Speaking Country, which is less than an hour from Larger City, English-Speaking Country.

i guess.

He has an aversion to Facebook, Myspace, and similar sites.

not really.

His political viewpoint is highly liberal, and tells his parents to vote for the liberal (or more liberal) candidate in any election.

uhhhhhhh.

He has a B+ average in school, except for a D in Elective Credit-Earning Subject.

pretty much.

He is an avid supporter of LGBT rights.

of course.

He is an atheist and will always be one. (thanks to ultraviolet for this one)

hi.

His favorite music consists of obscure metal bands from Europe, progressive metal, and some classic rock/metal, J-pop, and video game music. He dislikes rap, teen-pop, nu-metal, DragonForce, and most of all, he despises hair metal.

mmm... where's jrock? haha.

He doesn't care about profanity and has been known to drop F-bombs here and there.

fuck.

He owns an ASB account here, which he uses, but infrequently.

never used it, though.

He wants Mafia back.

yeah.

He hates 4chan with a passion.

i have nothing against 4chan.

His favorite mangas/animes are Naruto, Bleach, and other shonen, with some shojo. However, he hates the Pokemon anime, with the notable exception of the first two seasons.

but shounen's are dumb. and so are shojo.

His favorite video game series are Final Fantasy, Legend of Zelda, and Pokemon. He prefers Rock Band to Guitar Hero, which he liked but finds lame now. His favorite gaming console is the XBox 360, followed by the Wii, as he hates the PS3.

no.

His least favorite Pokemon are Tentacool and Zubat.

how'd you know?

He entered the Wi-Fi League, but never joined any tournaments.

yep.

He EV trains his team.

that's dumb.

And finally, he thinks GSC was the best generation and is thrilled for the remakes.

yes.

also... he?

He is 16 years old, and is from Largeish City, English-Speaking Country, which is less than an hour from Larger City, English-Speaking Country.
Sorta.. I guess. O.o??

Don't like them. Don't see the point of them. -__-

His political viewpoint is highly liberal, and tells his parents to vote for the liberal (or more liberal) candidate in any election.
I make choices and opinions based on the political situation, not which side I'm on.

He has a B+ average in school, except for a D in Elective Credit-Earning Subject.
I make As and A+s....
Elective Credit Earning? That starts in high school, doesn't it? O.o;;

I'm neutral leaning over to the suporter side.

Agnostic, actualy.

His favorite music consists of obscure metal bands from Europe, progressive metal, and some classic rock/metal, J-pop, and video game music. He dislikes rap, teen-pop, nu-metal, DragonForce, and most of all, he despises hair metal.
I like alternative rock, plain old rock, some pop, and some metal. I don't like country or rap

He doesn't care about profanity and has been known to drop F-bombs here and there.
I censor out the word, but yeah. I have cursed before.

I'm sorry, what?

He wants Mafia back.
If I knew what it was... |D

I dunno what 4chan is.. -__-

His favorite mangas/animes are Naruto, Bleach, and other shonen, with some shojo. However, he hates the Pokemon anime, with the notable exception of the first two seasons.
Where are Fullmetal Alchemist and Code Gease on this list?
And yes, I do agree that the anime went bad after the first two seasons.

His favorite video game series are Final Fantasy, Legend of Zelda, and Pokemon. He prefers Rock Band to Guitar Hero, which he liked but finds lame now. His favorite gaming console is the XBox 360, followed by the Wii, as he hates the PS3.
Legand of Zelda? Pokemon? Yeah, you got me there. X3
Then again, I've never played Guitar Hero/Rockband and have a preferance to the Wii. :3

Among other things, but yeah. THEIR SO FREAKIN' ANNOYING. O_O

I don't have Wi-Fi. |D

He EV trains his team.
Indeed, they have to be the best they can be. >:D

And finally, he thinks GSC was the best generation and is thrilled for the remakes..
YOU GOT ME. X33

I'll just let this speak for itself. -.-

I'd like you to meet Taylor Codd, or T. Codd for short.

Nope, I'm a year older; and yes somewhat, but there's still a lot of forest here.

Yes; what's so fun about those sites anyway?

I'm more of a centrist, thank you very much. Overall, though, don't ever speak politics to me- ever.

If by B+ you mean ]85% - 90%[ (we use a number system here to record our grades), then no, it's in the [90% - 98%] range (A's and A+'s if you will) .

Sure, I support it but I wouldn't say I'm avid.

Agnostic.

I pretty much listen to any music so long as the tune sounds catchy to me.

I don't care about profanity so long as it's not abused; and I'm one of those who chooses not to swear.

....ASB?

He wants Mafia back.

What's mafia like?

Never been there.

Not my favorite, but I do occassionally read/watch them. And I still like the Pokemon anime.

I like a lot of video game series, not just those three mentioned above. In terms of gameplay, Rock Band; in terms of music selection, Guitar Hero. And I don't have a favorite consoles; I just prefer playing the consoles with the less shooting games since, unfortunately, I get motion sickness easily. :(

No; I like all Pokemon.

I can't even enter Wi-Fi unless I'm really lucky!

He EV trains his team.

Nope; too lazy to do so (though I may do it if I have the time)

And finally, he thinks GSC was the best generation and is thrilled for the remakes.

Why would I not be?

...Yeah, I guess I'm not an average TCoDer.

Last edited:
i live in a small village

yeah they suck

no opinion really :v

i guess, but what is elective credit-earning..?

well not an avid supporter but why not

agnostic

i don't listen to that much music

fuck yeah

no

He wants Mafia back.
no

not really

sinnoh anime seasons are pretty awesome, first 2 seasons weren't that amazing. yeah i do like shonen anime/manga a bit

pokemon is my only favourite out of that list. i don't really like any of the consoles in this gen

not really

i don't have wifi

He EV trains his team.
only competitive teams when i can get wifi connection

no, sinnoh forever. remakes are cool though

---

So, what do you think? If anyone thinks this is inappropriate, I'll delete it right away.

... eh :v

18, live in small village near a small town near a small city in a Welsh speaking country

<3 Facebook

voting Conservative in the next election (unless the Lib Dems say something cool)

damn this one fits

so does this

ttly

<3 taylor swift, the spice girls, kind of like dragonforce, hair metal isn't bad... I love pop! and power pop! and some brit pop! europop <3

fuck yeah

used to I guess

He wants Mafia back.

don't care at all

no opinion

don't have a favourite anime/manga

never played Rock Band/Guitar Hero, <3 FF

yeah I can agree

no

He EV trains his team.

no

possibly idk

---

So, what do you think? If anyone thinks this is inappropriate, I'll delete it right away.

I live in HUGE city

Facebook is amusing

I have my own views

A

They are people so why not?

Until he shows up in front of me with a universe in his hand

Hardcore, Gabber, Speedcore, Makina, Trance

I prefer cunt

Never played ASB

He wants Mafia back.

Don't care

Actually I love /d/ and /h/

Not a huge fan of shonen anime

I personally dislike the Wii, X360 is good if it doesn't break down, and the PS3 isn't as bad as people make it out to be. Besides I don't play console games much. And I prefer Konami music games (assuming they don't fuck them up).

Latios pissed me off more than anything

Never entered Wi-Fi League

He EV trains his team.

Tried to do so for half an hour and gave up due to boredom

Never played the GSC generation

These are all that apply to me:
He has a B+ average in school.

He doesn't care about profanity.

And finally, he thinks GSC was the best generation.

I must be the most un-average TCoDer, here XD And all those weren't even the full sentences.

I dunno if these ones really fit. I'm guessing most people have facebooks here, and lurk 4chan. I have no idea what "shonen" or "shojo" is.
I can't imagine a more anti-4chan demographic, to be honest.

And to put it simply, "shonen" is "boy comics" (more action, male-oriented) and "shojo" is "girly comics" (more romance and emotions, female-oriented). Of course, both types of manga are read by people of all genders.

Also, lol@all the myspace/facebook hate. It really isn't some satanic site that turns the user into a mindless tool.

whut I am a girl ,__,

Yup, though I wouldn't call Perth a Large City.

what a fucking waste of time!
I'd rather talk to people to see how they are than read it on the interblag - the only reason I keep an LJ is because I like reading my own entries... and I haven't updated it in about three months.

tbh I have no idea what 'liberal' is, I rarely get involved in politics

lol no more like C average with a B+ in art and english

well obv, both my boyfriend and myself are bisexual

I wouldn't say athiest; I just have absolutely no opinion on it whatsoever. People can be religious if they want; I'm not going to.

also, no problemo :)

I actually dislike metal; indie/rock/country/musical is more my style

also Mika <3

I'm australian; 'fuck' is a staple word here, along with 'bullshit' and 'bloody hell'

i'm still waiting to be reffed for my first battle, actually xD

He wants Mafia back.

I've never played mafia/it sounds boring

I've never been there, I have no desire to go there

can't stand Naruto, the pokemon anime is good for how stupid it is but yes to the first two seasons

FF yes, Zelda no, pokemon yes. Have no interest in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, hate the Xbox, hate the Wii more, hate the PS3 for how expensive it is
*hugs her playstation*

Zubat is one of my favourites ;-; tentacool I don't really care about

can't access wi-fi, not a competitive battler

He EV trains his team.

bahahaha I hardly know how that even works

heeelll yeeeaaah bring back the psncureberries

No. I'm 14 and from Norway. And a she.

I made a Facebook once and never used it since, lol

no idea on politics

Nope.

Not "avid", but I support it.

He is an atheist and will always be one.
yes

I don't listen to music, but yeah, i like the stuff up there. I also hate rap and teen-pop.

Don't really care, but rarely uses it.

no

He wants Mafia back.
yes

No, I like the memes. IMMA FIRIN MAH LAZER SHOOP DA WHOOP! Also, Weegee is creepy. Do NOT make eye contact.

I like Naruto and Bleach, but they're not my favorites. Also, I strongly prefer shonen.

My favorite series are Mario(including the "Mario and Luigi" RPGs), Pokémon, and recently Zelda, and my favorite console is the Wii.

yes

never entered it

He EV trains his team.
no wai

yes

Last edited:

I'm 14 from Larger city, in French/English country (Canada woot)

Yah, people bug me to check facebook but it's incredibly boring to me..

I don't really care about politics

Homeschooled. Just get told I'm doing well/bad :/

*nod*

I'm Agnostic actually

I like pretty much everything that isn't country... I don't mind country, but I like other stuff more.

Yup. I actually swear a lot more IRL then on the net xDD

Uhh... Thats... That thing...

He wants Mafia back.

Never played it when it was around..

Weegee Lazor! AGH OH GOD ITS THE END OF THE WORLD WHAT HAVE I DONE (this means: Noooo waaaaay)

Where is Keroro here
I like Bleach though (Mostly the Manga) ^^
Uh
Pokemon was good until Master Quest ended yup

Meh, FF is okay. I preffer guitar hero to Rock Band, and as for consoles I like them all pretty much equally (even though I've never even played the PS3, I'm greatly anticipating trying it :3)

BLASPHEMY! LIES!

Don't have Wi-fi :(

He EV trains his team.

I'm planning on EVing a team... Once... -.-"

Never played GSC but can't wait for sequels :D

And there we go.

Nearly all right. I live in Largeish Town less than an hour from Largeish City. xD

Ehh people who've jumped on the hate bandwagon for these kind of annoy me. I use Facebook to keep up with family, though I miss the days where it actually loaded

Yup.

I guess so. I take it the Elective Whatevery Subject is mandatory or something? We have Citizenship, R.E. and Working Life, I ace them all with no revision, they're simple.

No, please don't give me equal rights. D: After all why would I want them, I'm just a dyke, right? :3

Nope. Agnostic, though Pagan and spiritual leanings. I could never be atheist.

Hah, obscure metal bands from Europe pretty much sums up 80% of this place's tastes. J-pop, video game music, yes, but I'm not a fan of metal or most rock.

Yeah, sure, whatever.

Nope, I think I had one once though.

He wants Mafia back.
Nope.

I've been there about once, it just creeps me out when 'FLUFFY KITTEN PICTURES :333' is next to porn.

Really doesn't sum up most of TCoD, as far as I'm aware most don't watch anime. I'm not a big fan of Naruto, haven't watched Bleach, and the Pokemon anime is amusing to watch. XD *still watches all the films*

Yeah, the first three are bang on. Don't play the X-Box, or Rock Band/Guitar Hero though.

XD Probably.

Nope, I haven't been able to get Wi-Fi working. D=

He EV trains his team.
Nope, never bothered.

Least favourite generation actually, though it probably beats Sinnoh now that I think about it. Pretty excited about the remakes though, as long as they aren't much like DPP. :/

---

So, what do you think? If anyone thinks this is inappropriate, I'll delete it right away.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, this is more like a small section of TCoD rather than most of the forum, but yeah. :D Someone should add to it!

Fix'd:

I'd like you to meet Doctor Jimmy, or Jim for short (not his real name).

He is 16 years old, and is from the United States of America, which is more than a few hours from a smaller, English-speaking country.

He has a profile on Facebook, but is keeping it a secret.

His political viewpoint is socially liberal, and economically conservative. He told his parents to vote for Obama, but now regrets it.

He has an A average in school, except for a C in Dicking-Around Class.

He is an atheist, but might change his beliefs in the future.

His favorite music consists of popular rock bands from America and Europe, electronica, and some video game music. He dislikes Soulja Boy, teen-pop, screamo, and obscure metal bands from Europe, but likes DragonForce and hair metal.

He doesn't know shit about ASB accounts.

Same with Mafia.

He frequents /g/ and /v/, but hates newfags with a passion.

He doesn't like manga/anime, but reads Yotsuba from time to time.

His favorite video game series are Half-Life, Legend of Zelda, Ace Attorney, and Pokemon. He prefers listening to music than playing it on a shitty piece of plastic, which he liked but finds lame now. His favorite gaming rig is the PC, followed by the Wii and the DS, as he loves affordable gaming systems.

He doesn't know shit about the Wi-Fi League.

Same with EVs.

And finally, he thinks RBY was the best generation but is still thrilled for the remakes.

Last edited:
[He] is from Largeish City, English-Speaking Country, which is less than an hour from Larger City, English-Speaking Country.
His political viewpoint is highly liberal.
He has a B+ average in school.
He doesn't care about profanity.
He wants Mafia back.
However, he hates the Pokemon anime, with the notable exception of the first two seasons.
His favorite video game series are Final Fantasy, Legend of Zelda, and Pokemon. He prefers Rock Band to Guitar Hero.
Omitting the inaccurate bits- I'm 17, socially liberal, with grades that usually average out to Bs these days, disinclined to use profanity although tolerant of its use, I once had an ASB account that I now don't use (I never transferred it after one forum wipe or another), I don't generally care for any animes, never liked Guitar Hero, and may just like GSC best since Crystal was my first game. I wouldn't say that I'm so thrilled about the remakes though as awaiting with some hesitation.

What's really important though is how many people have posted here saying that they don't know what Mafia is. It just goes to show how badly we need it back, that so many people are ignorant of the game!

This is not an insult in any way - it's just a light-hearted satire of the forum.

---

No larger cities within an hour of Austin... Besides, I'm 18.
I have a Facebook. =O
I'm largely apathetic about politics by now.
A in elective-credit earning subject. =D
Hellz yeah.
Buddhist.
Not obscure, rather popular metal bands from Europe, no prog metal, a lot of J-pop, little video game music. I like rap, but dislike teen-pop, hold no real opinion on Dragonforce nor hair metal.
Not online, but in real-life...
Been tempted to, but no.
He wants Mafia back.
That'd be nice.
I like 4chan, but I hardly ever go to /b/
I really don't like shonen action manga/anime like Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, etc. My favorites tend to be slice of life, romantic comedies, and psychological thrillers. Demographic is probably seinen, some shojo.
Xbox 360 and Wii are even in my mind, I'm a PC gamer first and foremost. Rock Band is better than Guitar Hero, but Guitar Hero isn't bad, per se. I'm not the biggest fan of FF or TLoZ, but yay Pokemon. Favorite game series... Europa Universalis, Unreal, Command & Conquer, Warcraft, and Hearts of Iron.
They can go die in a hole. >=(
Never. My router doesn't work with the DS Lite.
He EV trains his team.
Almost never, I play Pokemon rather casually.
That's me, though I think they tied with the third generation.
---

Some hits and some misses, not bad.

This is not an insult in any way - it's just a light-hearted satire of the forum.

---

no
works for just about everyone

nothing wrong with facebook

that goes hand in hand with intelligence

i'm not that stupid, rofl

only because the religious right is behind the opposite

again, intelligent.

hahahahah
obscure metal, classic rock/metal, dragonforce, yes
everything else, fuck no

haha look at above comment

used to

He wants Mafia back.
who cares

I 4chan is a pretty cool guy he just offends people and doesn't afraid of anything

manga/anime sucks ass

zelda is okay. rock band is only different because it had the insturments first. other than that they're the same, but I can't play either because I don't have consoles.

you forgot geodude

my wi fi doesnt work

He EV trains his team.
used to

I don't have time for the games, but I did like those. Not the most. I have better memories from Sapphire.
---

I copy goldenquagsire format herp derpa derp

Age is close enough, location is accurate

No I use them all excepy myspace

I don't tell my parents who to vote for, they're not idiots

American edumacation system buuuuh

yeah

yeah

fuck that I love hair metal

fuck yes

nope

He wants Mafia back.
what

pffft

I FUCKING LOVE THE POKEMON ANIME. ALL OF IT.

just pokermans
and I don't have any of the latest big consoles but my fav is the wii

gtfo I love Zubat

lack of wifi

He EV trains his team.
lazy

DPP is the best generation but I am thrilled to the extreme for the remakes

no, no, and no.

hahaha... no. :3

neutral on this.

actually, I have all A's... and I was top in the freshman class. yeah... >->

hell yeah I am!

agnostic.

that's not true... I admit I like some teen pop and hair metal. :x

fuck yeah.

don't have an ASB account at all.

He wants Mafia back.
yeah, Mafia sounds awesome.

what?

no, I'm not so much into Bleach or Naruto.

Phoenix Wright

pretty much, yeah D:

nope

He EV trains his team.

And finally, he thinks GSC was the best generation and is thrilled for the remakes
YES I absolutely loved Gold :D

Back
Top Bottom