• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Challenge Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eeee.. Lot's of challenges I know but I really wanted to try, a team battle~ :D So I'm proposing as I team up with Skymin, getting a good old team match doubles going~

6 vs 6 Doubles (3 Pokemon per person, one out from each at a time)
Switch
DQ: One week should do~
Damage Cap: 40%
Banned Moves and Rules: 1 Direct Healing Move per TRAINER (If they heal with one pokemon, they may NOT with their other! ), OHKO moves, Earthquake
Arena: Bubble Man Stage ((Cue Intro Music!~ =D))
I'm Bubble Man~ I am longing for the sun~ Bubble, Bubble Man~ I live an ordinary life~
Poor Bubble Man~ >= But I digress~ Aah water stages. Fish, wonky physics, and gratuitous amounts of death-spikes. A place typically reserved for super-funky robots from the year 2010, but where -won't- adventurous trainers these days rock up for a battle?

Water, lots of water. Water types will love the environment - but that's not saying there isn't a place for everyone. The stage consists of one large floating platform in front of a waterfall - it's a bit slick, but even a fire type should be able to.. survive. Of course, that's not recommended. Below is a giant pool of water, of course, and a good push could leave anyone in the drink. It's possible to get back up on the stage - but doing so takes a turn. Water types, however, may use the likes of Waterfall, Aqua Jet, or other means of aquatic propulsion to make their way back up while still attacking.

In addition, every round there is a 10% chance of a giant robot frog spawning itself right from the nearby waterfall. These frogs will immediately spew their tiny spawn onto the stage, 3 at a time. (Spawning 3 more when the previous 3 perish.) These frogs will attack whomever is conveniently close by once per turn (One will attack per 3 turns in around. If less than 3 remain, an attack only occurs for the number of turns corresponding with how many are left) with an attack of 50% accuracy that deals 3% Neutral-Element damage. The tiny frogs have a meager 1% HP, and will be destroyed by any attack - but it will still take a turn to attack them! The mother frog counts as a water-type (As far as weaknesses and resistances) and has a relative 25% HP amount. (A quarter as durable as a full-health Pokemon) When she is destroyed, her frogs remain! So be warned.

Of course underneath is a whole new animal. The gigantic pool of water would be a haven for aquatic Pokemon - if not for the hazards littering it. The walls are lined with dangerous spikes, which if touched could cause serious damage. Pokemon must be careful to not be pushed into these! They will deal 10% Neutral-Element damage if touched. Non-water-type Pokemon may remain underwater for up to 3 turns before coming up for air, however - an air leak from the floor will produce a stream of gigantic bubbles that float lazily to the surface. By using an action to gather the air of one of these bubbles, they may stay underwater for another 3 turns. (This does not stack, you can never spend more than 3 turns underwater without getting air at a time.) In addition, for Pokemon's safety and wellbeing - it is banned to hold a Pokemon under water with the intent of drowning them. But if a Pokemon remains under water on it's own will for longer than 3 turns without getting air, it will receive 10% damage per turn until it does or faints and must be recalled immediately! So be careful.

Finally, at the bottom of this deep pool of water, a Deep Anglerfish sits. This durable seafloor bound robot fish will continually spawn robotic prawns called Squirts once per round, up to 3 at a time. These shrimp-bots have a 15% HP rating and count as water types again, and function with attacks the same way as mini-frogs dealing 8% Neutral-Element damage per successful hit. (50% accuracy) The Anglerfish itself has a whole 100% HP, and counts as a Water/Electric type (Making GRASS and GROUND it's only weaknesses). Once destroyed, it will never respawn, and all of it's Squirts will be destroyed along with it.

Notes:
- Frogs will only attack Pokemon currently on the platform
- Squirts will only attack Pokemon currently in the water
- Being robots, Frogs, Squirts and the Deep Angler are immune to status-type moves such as Toxic or Leech Seed. They may only be harmed by direct-damage moves. HP-Draining moves such as Absorb will deal damage, but not restore health.
- It is possible to knock Pokemon off the platform, and into the spikes under water using certain moves. (Up to the ref to judge)
- At any time a Pokemon may take a turn to move into the water from the platform, or back up from the water. Certain water moves (Aqua Jet, Waterfall, Surf, Etcetera) may be used to move and attack at the same time
- Water is of abundance here, as such water moves will take 1% less energy to use. Fire moves take 1% more and do not function under water

Theeeeere we are. =D Hope that's not TOO too complicated because dear GODS did a ramble. But who's up for it, one brave team to brave a pair of Megaman Fangirls on their home turf~ x3

Edit: Forgot my profile link, Derp~

I feel so way over the top, but taking the other side.

Here we go.

I will take your side in battle! >:D

YOU GOT: SKYMIN'S PROFILE

Oh, hell, why not. If Minkow's okay with it, I'll sign on.

Reusing a stage because I'm too lazy to write up a new one

2vs2 Single
Style: Set
DQ: 1 week
Damage Cap: 30%
Banned/Restricted: OHKO's, Attract, Self-healing moves (like recover), 1st Stage Pokemon only (Pokemon that evolve from Babies, like Pikachu and Clefairy are fine)

6. Arena Description: Evergreen Park

An average-sized, modest park dotted with large evergreen trees. Scattered about is play equipment, such as slides, swings, monkey bars, jungle gyms, and even a merry-go-round (Not the one with horses, the kind where kids sit inside it and someone spins it around) in the center. These are all new and won't break easily, and could even be used to one's advantage. There is also a small duck pond with a tiny island in the middle. The wind is gentle and the skies sunny, but each round, there's a 5% chance that a storm could blow in and put the stage into the Rain effect for five rounds. (Yes, it's a rather plain stage but whatev.)

Here be profiles...

Last edited:
Reusing a stage because I'm too lazy to write up a new one.

2vs2 Single
DQ: 1 week
Banned/Restricted: OHKO's, Attract, Self-healing moves (like recover), 1st Stage Pokemon only (Pokemon that evolve from Babies, like Pikachu and Clefairy are fine)

6. Arena Description: Evergreen Park

An average-sized, modest park dotted with large evergreen trees. Scattered about is play equipment, such as slides, swings, monkey bars, jungle gyms, and even a merry-go-round (Not the one with horses, the kind where kids sit inside it and someone spins it around) in the center. These are all new and won't break easily, and could even be used to one's advantage. There is also a small duck pond with a tiny island in the middle. The wind is gentle and the skies sunny, but each round, there's a 5% chance that a storm could blow in and put the stage into the Rain effect for five turns. (Yes, it's a rather plain stage but whatev.)

Here be profiles...

I need more battles, so I'll take this.

Also, by turns do you mean rounds, or actions?

Last edited by a moderator:
2 vs. 2 Single
DQ: 1 Week
Banned Moves: OHKO, Dig, Earthquake
Arena: Battlefield (SSBB)

A Platform suspended in midair, with three smaller ones above it. (See here for picture.) For obvious reasons Dig and Earthquake are prohibited. The distance between the lower platforms and the main one is 2 m, which also is the distance between the lower platforms and the higher one.

My profile for ref(erence).

Last edited:
2 vs. 2 Single
DQ Time: 1 week
Banned: OHKO and Weather moves.

Arena: Scaraba

A desert (town) on an island in the middle of the sea. Complete with pyramids, camels, and a sphinx. Fire type moves have a 5% increase in power from the direct sun. No charge up is required for Solarbeam. There is also a 5% chance a local will throw a snake at one of the battlers, causing poison.

2 vs. 2 Single
DQ Time: 1 week
Banned: OHKO and Weather moves.

Arena: Scaraba

A desert (town) on an island in the middle of the sea. Complete with pyramids, camels, and a sphinx. Fire type moves have a 5% increase in power from the direct sun. No charge up is required for Solarbeam. There is also a 5% chance a local will throw a snake at one of the battlers, causing poison.

can I fight??

Last edited:
If anyone wants a quick battle.. *wink wink nudge nudge*

1vs1 (do I have to tell you it's Single? ;o;)
DQ Time: Well, I'd like to think this will be a fast match, so I'm going to mix it up and put 5 days.
Banned Moves: OHKOs, 6 chills/healing moves altogether
Arena: Rhotus Field

The arena is a plain, grassy field, flat as can be. Clay-like mud may make it difficult for Pokemon to use Dig, Mud-slap, etc. There is a large fountain in the middle of the field, although it is non-functional due to age. However, the base is still full to the brim with water. Around the perimeter of the field (slightly inward, so they are mostly on the field still) are stone structures of various sizes. If they are impacted with any significant force at all, the stones will crumble and probably damage whatever's underneath them.

At a 5% chance per round, the top of of the fountain will explode and release a shower of rain on the field, effectively causing Rain Dance.

Remember, it's supposed to be a fast battle, so *wink wink nudge nudge*. :3

If anyone wants a quick battle.. *wink wink nudge nudge*

1vs1 (do I have to tell you it's Single? ;o;)
DQ Time: Well, I'd like to think this will be a fast match, so I'm going to mix it up and put 5 days.
Banned Moves: OHKOs, 6 chills/healing moves altogether
Arena: Rhotus Field

The arena is a plain, grassy field, flat as can be. Clay-like mud may make it difficult for Pokemon to use Dig, Mud-slap, etc. There is a large fountain in the middle of the field, although it is non-functional due to age. However, the base is still full to the brim with water. Around the perimeter of the field (slightly inward, so they are mostly on the field still) are stone structures of various sizes. If they are impacted with any significant force at all, the stones will crumble and probably damage whatever's underneath them.

At a 5% chance per round, the top of of the fountain will explode and release a shower of rain on the field, effectively causing Rain Dance.

Remember, it's supposed to be a fast battle, so *wink wink nudge nudge*. :3

I could do with a quicky...

My deathly team of death

Battle Format: 2 vs 2 Single
DQ Time: 3 Days
Damage Cap: 50%
Banned/Restricted Moves: OHKOs
Arena Description: Island in the sun
You arrive at a remote island. Fairly small there's enough room on the island to house two Groudons.

Since it's in the sun the weather automatically starts off as Sunny Day raising fire type moves up by 5%, allowing no charge for Solar Beam, and weakening water type moves by 3%.

Spotted along the coast are random palm trees giving a nice amount of shade to rest.

Pokemon do have access to the ocean for water based pokemon.

If a Pokemon stays in the shade for at least 2 rounds they have a 10% chance of getting sun burnt which causes 2% damage. Each round they stay in after 2 the chance of sun burn goes up by 2%

I'll take this challenge!

Profile here

I'll ref this. Posting thread now.

>>;

Aaaanyway, since I'm feeling a little better and willing to take on another reffing I'll go ahead and take Wyvern vs. Blastoise428.

Alright...I want a quick battle so I can evolve my Riolu quicker.

Format: 1 vs 1
DQ: 3 days
Damage Cap: 50%
Banned Moves: One-hit KO's
Arena: The Battle Feild.

This place has been leveled and modeled for trainers and pokemon to do battle in the name of honour, money, and fun times. It is a basic playing feild made by the league for simple battles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom