• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Challenge Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright...I want a quick battle so I can evolve my Riolu quicker.

Format: 1 vs 1
DQ: 3 days
Damage Cap: 50%
Banned Moves: One-hit KO's
Arena: The Battle Field.

This place has been levelled and modelled for trainers and pokemon to do battle in the name of honour, money, and fun times. It is a basic playing field made by the league for simple battles.

This place has been levelled and modelled for trainers and pokemon to do battle in the name of honour, money, and fun times. It is a basic playing field made by the league for simple battles.

*dusts off ancient ASB profile* I accept. :3

*dusts off ancient ASB profile* I accept. :3

And I have somehow been roped into reffing this. Expect it up in a moment

Format: 2 vs 2 single, set
DQ: 7 days
Damage Cap: 40%
Banned Moves: One-hit KO's, direct healing
Arena: Aipom Island

It's an island. A relatively large island. The sand on the shore is soft, the waves are gentle and perfume the air with a whiff of salt. The battle is held on the shore, which can comfortably fit two and a half Metagross. Deeper into the island, a forest grows.
Aipom inhabit said forest. These Aipom are very curious and are drawn to loud noises, and therefore by a few rounds the battlers would probably find themselves with an audience. They all carry an Oran berry, apple, or a rock. Pokemon can be ordered to attack an Aipom to steal their item; an Oran berry can be consumed to heal 5% HP, while an apple will heal 3%. However, you don't know what the Aipom's holding until you attack it, and if it's holding a rock, it'll throw it at its attacker, causing 2% damage. It's up to the referee what the Aipom are holding.

Epicness here

Format: 2 vs 2 single, set
DQ: 7 days
Damage Cap: 40%
Banned Moves: One-hit KO's, direct healing
Arena: Aipom Island

It's an island. A relatively large island. The sand on the shore is soft, the waves are gentle and perfume the air with a whiff of salt. The battle is held on the shore, which can comfortably fit two and a half Metagross. Deeper into the island, a forest grows.
Aipom inhabit said forest. These Aipom are very curious and are drawn to loud noises, and therefore by a few rounds the battlers would probably find themselves with an audience. They all carry an Oran berry, apple, or a rock. Pokemon can be ordered to attack an Aipom to steal their item; an Oran berry can be consumed to heal 5% HP, while an apple will heal 3%. However, you don't know what the Aipom's holding until you attack it, and if it's holding a rock, it'll throw it at its attacker, causing 2% damage. It's up to the referee what the Aipom are holding.

Epicness here

I accept
Profile: Here

CHALLENGING MIKE..

2v2 Switch
DQ: 3 days, since i'm a impatient arse.
Damage cap: 65%
Banned Moves: OHKOs

Arena: Legendary Muffin.

Mike has long taunted me of my hatred of muffins, so hey, here we are, a giant blueberry muffin. If one uses Dig, each round there is a 3% chance of finding one of these blueberries that legend has spoken of, and these berries, if eaten, heal 5% HP and 10% energy.

Other: Fire types get a 5% boost, and trainers can eat the muffin after battle if they desire one pokemon has a maximum limit of 3 blueberries to eat if found.

CHALLENGING MIKE..

2v2 Switch

Mike has long taunted me of my hatred of muffins, so hey, here we are, a giant blueberry muffin. If one uses Dig, each round there is a 3% chance of finding one of these blueberries that legend has spoken of, and these berries, if eaten, heal 5% HP and 10% energy.

Other: Fire types get a 5% boost, and trainers can eat the muffin after battle if they desire one pokemon has a maximum limit of 3 blueberries to eat if found.
I accept.

CHALLENGING MIKE..

2v2 Switch

I accept.

Oh shiz, forgot Profile

Quick battle is good battle :3

1 vs 1
Style: Set
Damage Cap: None
Banned Moves: OHKO moves, direct healing (i.e. Rest, etc.), chills are A-OK
Arena: Doubleland [/needs to stop feeding off of other people's ideas]

Right, description.. Grass King used this arena as well, so I guess I'll just recopy it from his post..

A pure, white, completely flat void. When needed, the sun will appear, or water, or ice, or sand, or rocks, or anything else needed for moves. However, in the ground, there is a massive "x2" painted in black.

In this arena, everything goes for double. Double damage, double energy. Effects of moves, such as status effects, remain the same though, although poison and burn will still do twice as much damage as usual.

So that should be all. Here's the profile, too.

Negrek told someone a few pages back that she didn't want people using this arena/ruleset anymore because it enables prize-farming.

Reposting a challenge that never was from eons ago:

2v2 Double
Set Style, obviously
DQ: 5 days
Damage Cap: 42%
Banned Moves: OHKOs, 5 Chills/Pokemon, 3 Direct Recoveries/Pokemon

The Clay Courts

This battle takes place on an oversized clay tennis court. All four Pokémon start on one side of the court, but are not restricted to it. The ground is made of rather solid clay, so moves that tear up the
ground (Earthquake, Dig, Stealth Rock, etc.) take 1% more energy to use. On one side of the court is a ball machine. Every
four actions, it will attempt to fire a ball. One of four things could happen:

-Nothing: It doesn't fire. (50% chance of happening)
-A Tennis Ball: The machine fires a tennis ball. If it hits a pokemon, it will do 2% damage. Can be picked up an thrown for
the same effect. Will disappear when the machine next fires. (35% chance of happening)
-A Voltorb: The machine fires a Voltorb, which explodes in midair. This will do 8% damage to any near Pokemon, and has a 10%
chance of paralysis. (12% chance of happening)
-Some Food: The machine will fire some food. If it hits a Pokemon, it will do 1% damage. However, you can command a Pokemon
to eat food to restore 5% health. Food goes rotten and cannot be eaten after the machine fires again. (3% chance of
happening)

Finally, if you burn, rip, or otherwise mutilate the net, a tennis pro will come out and beat you with a racket while
yelling at you, dealing 7% damage and lowering Attack and Defense by 1 level. This can happen more than once, so stay away from the net!
-------
EDIT: Whoops, forgot the profile.

1 VS. 1
Damage Cap: 34%

The Leafeon Dimension

In the Leafeon Dimension, Leafeon appear randomly with items. Some can be food, which heals 3%, A rock that can be thrown at the foe, which does 6% damage, and the dreaded Tazer, which does 10% of damage to you. You don't know what the leafeon has until you attack it. You will be battling on one of the many islands on the Leafeon Dimension, Tazer Island. If you use dig, fly, or bounce, you will take 5%v of damage.There will be giant leafs flying around to be used as another part of the battlefield. In the Leafeon Dimension, ground type moves hurt flying and ghost types, And normal type moves hurt ghost types.

Reposting a challenge that never was from eons ago:

2v2 Double
Set Style, obviously
DQ: 5 days
Damage Cap: 42%
Banned Moves: OHKOs, 5 Chills/Pokemon, 3 Direct Recoveries/Pokemon

The Clay Courts

This battle takes place on an oversized clay tennis court. All four Pokémon start on one side of the court, but are not restricted to it. The ground is made of rather solid clay, so moves that tear up the
ground (Earthquake, Dig, Stealth Rock, etc.) take 1% more energy to use. On one side of the court is a ball machine. Every
four actions, it will attempt to fire a ball. One of four things could happen:

-Nothing: It doesn't fire. (50% chance of happening)
-A Tennis Ball: The machine fires a tennis ball. If it hits a pokemon, it will do 2% damage. Can be picked up an thrown for
the same effect. Will disappear when the machine next fires. (35% chance of happening)
-A Voltorb: The machine fires a Voltorb, which explodes in midair. This will do 8% damage to any near Pokemon, and has a 10%
chance of paralysis. (12% chance of happening)
-Some Food: The machine will fire some food. If it hits a Pokemon, it will do 1% damage. However, you can command a Pokemon
to eat food to restore 5% health. Food goes rotten and cannot be eaten after the machine fires again. (3% chance of
happening)

Finally, if you burn, rip, or otherwise mutilate the net, a tennis pro will come out and beat you with a racket while
yelling at you, dealing 7% damage and lowering Attack and Defense by 1 level. This can happen more than once, so stay away from the net!
-------
EDIT: Whoops, forgot the profile.

Doot-doot-doot-dootdootdoot~

1 VS. 1
Damage Cap: 34%

The Leafeon Dimension

In the Leafeon Dimension, Leafeon appear randomly with items. Some can be food, which heals 3%, A rock that can be thrown at the foe, which does 6% damage, and the dreaded Tazer, which does 10% of damage to you. You don't know what the leafeon has until you attack it. You will be battling on one of the many islands on the Leafeon Dimension, Tazer Island. If you use dig, fly, or bounce, you will take 5%v of damage.There will be giant leafs flying around to be used as another part of the battlefield. In the Leafeon Dimension, ground type moves hurt flying and ghost types, And normal type moves hurt ghost types.

http://www.dragonflycave.com/forums/showpost.php?p=326854&postcount=142

I call.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom