• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Challenge Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 vs 2 Double Battle
Damage Cap:
50%
DQ: 7 days
Pokemon Restrictions: Dex Registry Pokemon only (Enculli, Spraylet, Myrid, Tsuki, Sheebit, Rasqueon, Skelitten, Cappun, Babydrake, Sabitten, Kitora, Alrunnik, Dragomelet, Wyrmal, Hennic, and any Evolutions of such)
Banned/restricted moves: OHKO's

Arena: The Battledome

The Battledome is the place to go for combat in Neopia, a gigantic arena of metal and concrete, the most high-tech building this side of Virtupets. It's relatively simple in it's normal state; a 100-foot in diameter steel arena of circular shape, with a large pond in the centre for those bound to water.

But the Battledome will change it's appearance and location every round, and is completely random what it becomes. The choices and changes are these:

Stone Dome: Located in the Haunted Woods, the Stone Dome is open to the sky, and surrounded by ancient trees and a starry sky, the moon covered by clouds. The pond has become a murky black and filled with weeds. This arena grants a 3% boost to all Dark- and Ghost-type attacks, and a 2% Energy decrease for the same.

Ice Arena: Located on Terror Mountain, the Ice Arena is completely enclosed in a glittering layer of ice so cold that is cannot be melted. The pond has frozen over, and the air is chilled to the negatives. This arena grants a 3% boost to Ice attacks and a 2% energy reduction to the same.

Island Arena: Located on Mystery Island, the Island Arena isn't much more than a cleared-out section of jungle, the floor made of dirt and grass rather than metal. The pond is a pure sparkling blue here. This arena grants a 3% boost to Grass- and Bug-type attacks and a 2% energy reduction to the same.

Space Arena: Located in the Virtupets Space Station, the Space Arena is completely clear, allowing the battlers to see the stars around them, the moon, and Neopia below. Gazing out at the world below them will cause the Pokemon to become Intimidated as per the Ability.

Water Arena: Located in Maraqua under the sea, the Water Arena is, as it's name would suggest, completely filled with water. All non water-breathers will find their heads (or whatever they use to breath) surrounded by a magical bubble that allows them to breath. This arena makes all Fire Attacks completely useless and cuts all non-swimmer's speed by 2.

Tyrannian Arena: Located in the prehistoric Tyrannia, the Tyrannian Arena is a primitively-cut stone on a large plateau. This arena has a hazard; a massive Pterodactyl has a 25% chance of appearing on the second action of the round and attacking both battlers for 5% untyped damage. This Arena also grants a 3% increase to Rock attacks, and a 2% energy reduction to the same.

Battledome: The arena described at the top; has no special benefits.

i feel like being EXTREMELY DIFFICULT with my battles today.
Cookies, I would but I only have Skelitten.

Apparently my name appearing three times on the waiting challenges board isn't enough, so ARENAS AWAY!

The Haunted Room:
2 vs. 2 Single
Damage Cap: 30%
DQ time: 1 week
Style: Set
Banned: OHKOs, Direct Heal, Toxic, Evasion Boosts
Arena: A dark room in a haunted house. Infested with ghosts. Ghost attack damage is multiplied by 1.2 after all other factors similar to holding a spooky plate. Now, those ghosts in the background don't just sit making daisy chains, so every turn there is:

-10% chance of will-o-wisp. This being a classic will-o-wisp, it will distract one Pokemon chosen at random for two actions, causing 4% ghost-type damage at the end of those turns.
-10% chance of a hypnosis wave. This will cause one pokemon chosen at random to fall asleep.
-15% chance of poltergeist. A ghost animates a random object and throws it. 50% chance of hitting on each pokemon, which will cause 12% Normal-type damage.
-5% chance of possession. A random Pokemon on the field will be possessed by the ghost and the ref can make it do whatever the heck he wants (the macarena is recommended at least once during the battle)
-10% chance of warping the field. A random field effect will come into play (Options: Gravity, Trick Room, Fog, Hail, Sandstorm, Rain, Sun) for two turns. (Yes it can stack, if this effect happens twice in a row it can be sunny and rainy)
-And, of course, 50% chance that they don't do anything.
AAAAH! Oh it's only a profile OK

Profile:http://forums.dragonflycave.com/showpost.php?p=407988&postcount=205

Yes. Please.

Because heck yeah:

The mosh Pit
1vs1vs1vs1vsEtc. (4-way to begin, but the more the merrier) single battle
Damage Cap: 50%
Banned: OHKOs, Chills, Direct Heals, Evasion Boosts, Weather
Arena: It's a free-for-all of awesome in the most awesome place for a free-for-all: A giant pit of foam blocks and balls! This can start any time after there are four people on the roster, but if you link to your profile before a thread is made you can join. About 30 feet square and 5 or 6 feet deep. Restrictions:
-No Pokemon over 4 feet tall or 80 pounds may enter (just like a real kiddie mosh pit.)
-Only pokemon bound to the ground may enter.
-Mosh pits are not exactly easy to move around in. Everything gets a 5% accuracy drop.
-Have fun!
Profile: Lol it be a profile

EDIT: I exceeded the challenge limit so this is temporarily on hold

Last edited:
Because heck yeah:

The mosh Pit
1vs1vs1vs1vsEtc. (4-way to begin, but the more the merrier) single battle
Damage Cap: 50%
Banned: OHKOs, Chills, Direct Heals, Evasion Boosts, Weather
Arena: It's a free-for-all of awesome in the most awesome place for a free-for-all: A giant pit of foam blocks and balls! This can start any time after there are four people on the roster, but if you link to your profile before a thread is made you can join. About 30 feet square and 5 or 6 feet deep. Restrictions:
-No Pokemon over 4 feet tall or 80 pounds may enter (just like a real kiddie mosh pit.)
-Only pokemon bound to the ground may enter.
-Mosh pits are not exactly easy to move around in. Everything gets a 5% accuracy drop.
-Have fun!
Profile: Lol it be a profile

Meaning it has to walk on land, and not fly?

I'm in (I think)

@Pwnemon

You do realize that there is a battle limit, right? Negrek can't update the challenge board that often, so that's probably why your name isn't under the "Banned from Challenging" list. At any rate, normal members may have 3 battles at a time, on the board or being reffed, and referees actively reffing at least one battle may have 4 battles.

Oh, geez, I didn't realize that. Well snaps, I'ma have to drop those last two challenges I've presented.

Aaaand I will have to not enter that. I can just...

Wait. Right now, I have Me vs. Chaon, Me vs. Lucas775, and Me vs. Magikarp (waiting for ref). Well then...What should I do about that?

@Pwnemon

You do realize that there is a battle limit, right? Negrek can't update the challenge board that often, so that's probably why your name isn't under the "Banned from Challenging" list. At any rate, normal members may have 3 battles at a time, on the board or being reffed, and referees actively reffing at least one battle may have 4 battles.
I didn't know about the limit for refs. Was that stated anywhere?

Not explicitly in the first post, no, but Negrek said something to that effect a while ago. (Actually, the limit for non-refs isn't explicitly stated there, either, unless I'm missing it... I think she just started putting people on the no-fly list and didn't say anything until someone asked what it was for the first time.)

It hasn't been explicitly stated anywhere, no, but I'm quite certain someone asked Negrek that question via VM (yes I'm a stalker so what).

3 v 3
Damage Cap: 35%
DQ: 10 days
Banned Moves: OHKOs, self-targeting statboosts besides dancing or singing moves, Perish Song

Arena: The Sounding Room

In one of the many ASB-funded research facilities across the region, a humongous room lies on the fourth floor. Colloquially called 'The Sounding Room' by the scientists, the large space is capable of changing from an echo chamber to an anechoic one in amatter of seconds. These features, along with a number of others not worth mentioning in this passage, make it the perfect testing area for sound-based attacks and for sound experiments in general.

The room has been sectioned off for the purposes of the battle, leaving a perfect cube about thirty feet square. The walls, floor, and ceiling look rather strange, in order to act as the anechoic chamber that it currently is. A large, water-shock-fire-bluntforce-proof sound system has been provided, flush with the ceiling.

Every alternating round, in lieu of an action, a trainer may instead select a song that the music system will play. The referee then listens to the song and chooses what effect it will have. The trainer may not specify what effect they wish the music to have, or upon whom, although the music cannot have a purely negative effect on their pokémon or a purely positive one on the opponent's. The music may positively or negatively affect one pokémon or neutrally affect both.

Additionally, all normal pokémon attacks that have a vocal or aural component have their effectiveness doubled somehow, at the referee's discretion. Dance moves are similarly effected. Energy moves fired at the walls are absorbed by the oddly-shaped tiles.

Additional Notes: The first choice of pokémon is done over PM to the ref, instead of announced on the battle's page. Afterwards battle choice proceeds as normal.

3 v 3
Damage Cap: 35%
DQ: 10 days
Banned Moves: OHKOs, self-targeting statboosts besides dancing or singing moves, Perish Song

Arena: The Sounding Room

In one of the many ASB-funded research facilities across the region, a humongous room lies on the fourth floor. Colloquially called 'The Sounding Room' by the scientists, the large space is capable of changing from an echo chamber to an anechoic one in amatter of seconds. These features, along with a number of others not worth mentioning in this passage, make it the perfect testing area for sound-based attacks and for sound experiments in general.

The room has been sectioned off for the purposes of the battle, leaving a perfect cube about thirty feet square. The walls, floor, and ceiling look rather strange, in order to act as the anechoic chamber that it currently is. A large, water-shock-fire-bluntforce-proof sound system has been provided, flush with the ceiling.

Every alternating round, in lieu of an action, a trainer may instead select a song that the music system will play. The referee then listens to the song and chooses what effect it will have. The trainer may not specify what effect they wish the music to have, or upon whom, although the music cannot have a purely negative effect on their pokémon or a purely positive one on the opponent's. The music may positively or negatively affect one pokémon or neutrally affect both.

Additionally, all normal pokémon attacks that have a vocal or aural component have their effectiveness doubled somehow, at the referee's discretion. Dance moves are similarly effected. Energy moves fired at the walls are absorbed by the oddly-shaped tiles.

Additional Notes: The first choice of pokémon is done over PM to the ref, instead of announced on the battle's page. Afterwards battle choice proceeds as normal.

Sounds cool. Profile: http://www.tcodforums.eeveeshq.com/showpost.php?p=407988&postcount=205

2 v 2 single
Damage Cap: 49%
DQ: 8 days
Banned moves: OHKOs, Perish Song
Arena: Sleepy Screechy T. Rex Forest

The arena for this fight is a dense jungle. The battlefield is surrounded by a circle of humongous trees that block out most of the light; therefore the arena is a bit dark. Large bushes to duck behind dot the ground, and a small pool is in the northwest corner.

The real draw to this arena is the sleeping T. Rex in the corner. When the battle starts, he's asleep. If he is damaged by an especially powerful attack or hears a loud noise, he will wake up and start screeching. The screeches are so unbelievably loud that they will deal 20% damage to any Pokemon unlucky enough to hear them.

Finally, due to the jurassic nature of the stage, fossil Pokemon will constantly regain 3% energy at the end of each round.

For risingbadge.

Ryan North is a bro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom