• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Challenge Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Common courtesy is also to repost something when you have to change it, instead of editing. (Exception: the Profile Archive.)

@Zackrai: I'm good with you accepting my challenge since Darren was banned, but I think I should officially repost it. And then you can take it again if you want. So here goes:

3-vs-3 single
Style: Switch
DQ: One week.
Damage Cap: 35%
Banned Moves: OHKOs and any recovery moves.

Arena: Nothing

A minimal arena that literally has nothing in it. It is a square room that is ivory and extremely basic, being a vast expanse of whiteness that stretches on seemingly forever. A great place for a simple battle with no hassle, if a bit unnerving.

Profile of a boring woman who makes boring arenas.

I SHALL CHALLENGE YOU

2v2 singles
Style: set
DQ: five days
Damage Cap: 40%
Banned moves: Evasion, healing (including Rest), OHKOs, chills limited to 4/pokémon
Special: Only Pokémon at their lowest stage of evolution (including 1 stage Pokémon)
Arena: The Island

Yup, a small island (I mean REALLY small) lost in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, covered entirely of sand except for a small part in the middle, where some grass is randomly scattered, and a giant baobab in the exact center, covering almost one fifth of the island's surface. Of course, only small Pokémon can withstand a battle in that area.

As a side note, I would require only unexperienced players for that battle as it will be my first real battle (damn Daren). Thank you!

I think this should suffice. Quote of myself because I'm lazy.

for Arylett:

@Zackrai: I'm good with you accepting my challenge since Darren was banned, but I think I should officially repost it. And then you can take it again if you want. So here goes:

3-vs-3 single
Style: Switch
DQ: One week.
Damage Cap: 35%
Banned Moves: OHKOs and any recovery moves.

Arena: Nothing

A minimal arena that literally has nothing in it. It is a square room that is ivory and extremely basic, being a vast expanse of whiteness that stretches on seemingly forever. A great place for a simple battle with no hassle, if a bit unnerving.

Profile of a boring woman who makes boring arenas.

I'm not exactly sure why I'm posting my profile again...

Last edited:
1v1 single
DQ: One week
Damage Cap: 50%
Banned moves: None
Special: Only Pokémon at their lowest stage of evolution (including 1 stage Pokémon)
Arena: Viridian Forest
Description: A small clearing in the leafy forest. There is no ready source of water nearby, and most of the ground is rotten leaf mulch. Caterpie, Weedle, and their evolutions roam the area, but won't come to investigate unless there's a strange bug in arena. The forest's Pikachu, on the other hand, are more than a little curious, and will occasionally run across the clearing. (Ref's discretion whether the wild Pokemon do anything besides look pretty.)

1v1 single
DQ: One week
Damage Cap: 50%
Banned moves: None
Arena: Viridian Forest
Description: A small clearing in the leafy forest. There is no ready source of water nearby, and most of the ground is rotten leaf mulch. Caterpie, Weedle, and their evolutions roam the area, but won't come to investigate unless there's a strange bug in arena. The forest's Pikachu, on the other hand, are more than a little curious, and will occasionally run across the clearing. (Ref's discretion whether the wild Pokemon do anything besides look pretty.)

my profile

I'll take this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright
I'm going to feel free to repost it
So we can start clean.
Alright?

A Challenge for RespectTheBlade

3-v-3 singles
DQ: 7 days
Damage cap: 100%
Banned moves: Evasion increase, OHKO
Arena: SPACE!

Literally. You are on the moon. Oxygen masks and tanks of air will be provided for all participating. There are craters here and there, and gravity is reduced, so all Pokemon jump higher than usual. Also, all moves that involve space (i.e. Cosmic Power, Moonlight, Morning Sun, etc.) gain 20% efficiency, as you are in space. Also, there will be a 10% chance for a meteor to strike the field once per round, a 5% chance of a shower, and a 1% chance for this meteor(s) to hit a pokemon in play, dealing 40% damage. (or something like that)

Let's gogogo!

(sorry, I wanted a chance to use all of my pokemon)

Alright
I'm going to feel free to repost it
So we can start clean.
Alright?

A Challenge for RespectTheBlade

3-v-3 singles
DQ: 7 days
Damage cap: 100%
Banned moves: Evasion increase, OHKO
Arena: SPACE!

Literally. You are on the moon. Oxygen masks and tanks of air will be provided for all participating. There are craters here and there, and gravity is reduced, so all Pokemon jump higher than usual. Also, all moves that involve space (i.e. Cosmic Power, Moonlight, Morning Sun, etc.) gain 20% efficiency, as you are in space. Also, there will be a 10% chance for a meteor to strike the field once per round, a 5% chance of a shower, and a 1% chance for this meteor(s) to hit a pokemon in play, dealing 40% damage. (or something like that)

Let's gogogo!

(sorry, I wanted a chance to use all of my pokemon)

Fine, but Draco Meteor in SPACE still pwns.

(for RespectTheBlade)

1vs1 single
DQ: 11 days
Damage cap: 40%
Banned moves: Weather-changing moves, direct heal moves, OHKO moves.
Arena: a MS Paint document

Somehow, the contestants have found their way on a field of white located inside a computer. Being MS Paint, there is a large chance that a random person with a mouse will cause pixels of color to appear.
Each round a pixel will appear and fly towards a random battler. These pixels are of varying color. Each of the following has an 11% chance to appear:

Red- does 5% fire type damage
Yellow- does 5% electric type damage
Purple- does 5% psychic type damage
Blue- does 5% water type damage
Green- does 5% grass type damage
Black- does 5% dark type damage
Royal Blue- does 5% dragon type damage
Yellow-Green- Does 5% bug type damage
Grey- does 5% normal type damage
Also, there is a 1% chance that a circle will appear, causing a random status effect.

Super effective types do 2% more damage, and not very effective do 2% less.
Other: Only pokemon whose national pokedex number is 280 may participate.

(Mawile's Profile)

Last edited:
(for RespectTheBlade)

1vs1 single
DQ: 11 days
Damage cap: 40%
Banned moves: Weather-changing moves, direct heal moves, OHKO moves.
Arena: a MS Paint document

Somehow, the contestants have found their way on a field of white located inside a computer. Being MS Paint, there is a large chance that a random person with a mouse will cause pixels of color to appear.
Each round a pixel will appear and fly towards a random battler. These pixels are of varying color. Each of the following has an 11% chance to appear:

Red- does 5% fire type damage
Yellow- does 5% electric type damage
Purple- does 5% psychic type damage
Blue- does 5% water type damage
Green- does 5% grass type damage
Black- does 5% dark type damage
Royal Blue- does 5% dragon type damage
Yellow-Green- Does 5% bug type damage
Grey- does 5% normal type damage
Also, there is a 1% chance that a circle will appear, causing a random status effect.

Super effective types do 2% more damage, and not very effective do 2% less.

Other: Only pokemon whose national pokedex number is 280 may participate.

(Mawile's Profile)

Well, well, well. Hopefully this doesn't turn into an apocalypse.

PROFILE OF... uh... words. yeeeah.

Just for the funuvit (and since I'm now approved as a ref), I'll take Mawile vs. RespectTheBlade, please. Thread in a sec.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom