• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Challenge Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, on the public profile.Ok,so You have your team, and you're ready! All we need is to wait for a referee. and we can battle.=P

Sweet deal. On a side note, I think we'll finish by then, but I'm going to be gone from June 12th to the 18th. No Internet. But that's like a week from tomorrow. It's in the absence thread and all.

Ok then. Now we need a referee. Is this you're first ASB battle (like actually battling?)

Can I take the first one? I have a feeling that my last battle will end veeeeery shortly. If it doesn't, though, anyone else is free to take it.
Sure! (Also please don't quote an entire huge post if you only need half two thirds of it. That can only confuse people, including potential refs here. :c)

I haven't reffed a double battle since... invisionfree, I think, so I'll take Zhorken vs LS.

Last edited:
2 vs 2 Set Single
DQ Time: 4 Days
Damage Cap: 34%
Banned Moves: Dig, Earthquake, Rock Slide, Sand Tomb, anything that requires external sources (eg Surf), Weather Moves, OHKO's, Attract, Chills
Banned Pokemon: Anything that won't easily fit in the arena

Arena: The Castle Oubliette

The oubliette is a tiny, cramped room sunk into the floor, buried far beneath even the castle's foundations. It's about six feet wide, eight feet long and eight feet high, so only small- to medium-sized Pokémon can fit inside. The entire room is made of heavy, indestructible stone--none of it can be dislodged or moved for things like Rock Slide or Dig, and there's nothing to shake if Earthquake is used. There is also no water or sand or anything like that available for use in moves like Surf or Sand Tomb, and all weather moves will fail because the sky is completely inaccessible. There are no doors or windows, the only way in and out being the long, slick and narrow tunnel leading up about 30 feet up to the dungeon above. (And the steel trap door is locked from the outside.) The only light comes from a single torch, flickering weakly in the room's north wall; the arena is quite dim already, so I would advise against putting it out unless you want to risk bumping into stone walls in total darkness.

And good luck dodging attacks, flying around or building up speed--the tight, uncomfortable space makes anything more than hopping around and swinging some moderate punches understandably difficult. Anything larger than a Pichu is going to need to rethink the range and execution of many its attacks. Only one way in, no way out and no room to run away... can you survive a battle in the oubliette with your sanity intact?

(Since Kratos's arenas are always so much fun)

2 vs 2 Set Single
DQ Time: 4 Days
Damage Cap: 34%
Banned Moves: Dig, Earthquake, Rock Slide, Sand Tomb, anything that requires external sources (eg Surf), Weather Moves, OHKO's, Attract, Chills
Banned Pokemon: Anything that won't easily fit in the arena

Arena: The Castle Oubliette

The oubliette is a tiny, cramped room sunk into the floor, buried far beneath even the castle's foundations. It's about six feet wide, eight feet long and eight feet high, so only small- to medium-sized Pokémon can fit inside. The entire room is made of heavy, indestructible stone--none of it can be dislodged or moved for things like Rock Slide or Dig, and there's nothing to shake if Earthquake is used. There is also no water or sand or anything like that available for use in moves like Surf or Sand Tomb, and all weather moves will fail because the sky is completely inaccessible. There are no doors or windows, the only way in and out being the long, slick and narrow tunnel leading up about 30 feet up to the dungeon above. (And the steel trap door is locked from the outside.) The only light comes from a single torch, flickering weakly in the room's north wall; the arena is quite dim already, so I would advise against putting it out unless you want to risk bumping into stone walls in total darkness.

And good luck dodging attacks, flying around or building up speed--the tight, uncomfortable space makes anything more than hopping around and swinging some moderate punches understandably difficult. Anything larger than a Pichu is going to need to rethink the range and execution of many its attacks. Only one way in, no way out and no room to run away... can you survive a battle in the oubliette with your sanity intact?

(Since Kratos's arenas are always so much fun)

I'd like to try this as it looks fun.

3vs3 single
Style: Switch
DQ: One week
Damage Cap: 35%
Banned Moves: One-hit KO's, any move abnormally altering time or space (including Gravity), Ground-type moves
Arena: Dimensional Realm

The dimensional realm is an interesting one--devoid of everything but air, heat, and light which seems to come from all directions with no visible source. If a Pokemon needs a substance for a move, such as water, it appears for them. Due to the realm's nature, it does not allow moves altering dimensions. Therefore, moves which would disturb time or space in any abnormal way (INCLUDING GRAVITY) are prohibited from use, as it is not known what may happen to the Pokemon using it. Gravity itself does not exist--all Pokemon are treated as inherently hovering in this arena.

Other: All Pokemon inherently hover--Ground moves are to no effect.

I accept Cap'n Sofa's challenge. It looks a bit weird but I want to start my ASB career.

Be patient, the reffs are sort of spread thin because of the whole competition thing going on right now I think. Besides your battles are near the bottom of the list.

...In the future, it's probably best to leave such trivial matters out of the thread so that they can't clog it.

Anyhow, I figured I'll just put my challange and the acceptant all in a single post, for convenience's sake on the referee's part.

2 vs. 2 Single
Style: Set
DQ: 168 hours.
Damage Cap: 35%
Banned Moves: OHKOs
Arena: Doctor Kaminko's experimental arena number 11

The good doctor has staged several battles in other arenas (usually in arena number 44), but this time he decided to let his test subjects use this arena, due to the technology's high tolerance for electromagnetic signals. The gimmick here is the doctor's recent new device; We're testing it out for him, you see.

The device is over in the corner, protected by a one-way force field. Said device, which has yet to be named but has thus far been built as 'Project Memory', is rather special. It sends out a special electromagnetic wave, the effect of which is quite severe; it essentially resets the memory of someone caught in it for the duration of its effect. Now, this can give humans amnesia for a day or two (but that's why the battlers will be sitting outside watching through electromagnetic wave-proof glass), but its effect on Pokémon is quite different.

For the duration of the battle, the machine will send out its electromagnetic signal at both of the battlers. This signal will erase any moves and techniques from their memories, except for the ones they were born with.

The arena itself is quite straightforward, with no gimmicks.

Other: All pokémon participating can ONLY use moves that they had access to in the generation in which they were introduced. For instance, Croagunk can only use the moves it had in generation IV, while something like Exxegutor can only use moves from generation I (like no Seed Bomb or anything). This includes Signature Moves, which all have no effect for the entire battle, as well as signature attributes which were not there when the pokémon was born (eg. Blindness stays, but [example:Crazy Linoone's Death Cannon] Broadband High-Speed Internet connection has no effect).

^I'll take the above challenge vs Superbird(can't quote it right now due to my PS3's stupid 1,025 character limit).

Yay for more complex battles!

3v3 Single
Style: Switch
DQ: 6 days
Damage Cap: rand(25,50);
Banned Moves: OHKO's, weather moves
Arena: The Nether

The Nether is a vast, fully sentient abyss of nothingness, designed to wreak havoc on anyone or anything inside of it. Naturally, this is not the most ideal place to have a battle, but the residents of Asber have never been those who would back down from a challenge. The actual battle takes place on a floating platform, identical to those found in Pokémon centers, with normal gravity and temporal mechanics, as well as reinforced walls to prevent any Pokémon from falling off. However, the Nether still has a say, and at the beginning of the first round, as well as the end of every round, one of the following effects will occur:

1. The Nether will open up a rift in space-time, summoning the effects of a Pokemon's arena effects. Each of these (Sunny Day, Rain Dance, Sandstorm, Hail, Gravity, Trick Room, Magic Room, Wonder Room) counts as its own effect, and thus can stack with each other. (5% chance for each effect)

2. The Nether will take pity on a random battler, curing all their status conditions and preventing them from gaining any other status conditions. When this effect fades, all status conditions purged by this effect return; however, a Pokémon can use restorative moves during the period where their statuses are removed to prevent them from returning. This can affect both battlers without an overlap. (10% chance)

3. The Nether will bend the forces of space-time around one of the Pokémon in the arena, allowing them to attack instantly and prevent their opponent from dodging. While this is in effect, the targeted Pokémon has perfect accuracy for all damaging moves. This can affect both battlers without an overlap. (10% chance)

4. The Nether will adjust its own laws, changing the amount of damage a Pokémon is able to deal before it interferes. When this is selected, the damage cap is rerolled; this does not remove other effects when it is selected, and stays in effect until a new damage cap is chosen. (20% chance)

5. The Nether will change the space around the arena, replacing the battlers with each other. Each Pokémon will transform into an exact duplicate of its opponent, but will keep its own status changes and stat boosts. If a Pokémon faints while this is under effect, this effect will disappear. If this is selected while it is already in effect, the two Pokémon simply transform back into their original forms - the other effects stay in place. (10% chance)

6. The Nether will lose control on the arena, resetting any of its effects. (10% chance)

Other: The damage cap is generated at the beginning of the first round, and does not change unless effect 4 is chosen. Have fun.

1 vs. 1 Single
Style: Set
DQ: 7 days
Damage Cap: 40%
Banned Moves: OHKOs, Weather moves
Arena: Doctor Kaminko's Experimental Arena No. 33

Kam and Metallica Fanboy have battled in a sticky hole, a volcano, and at a Metallica gig, and in hopes of finding something even more extreme, they asked Doctor Kaminko to lend them one of his wacky arenas.

This arena is an interesting one with some highly experimental technology. There are two very deep pools in the arena; one on the floor, and one on... the ceiling?

Yes, a pool on the ceiling. About twenty meters above the floor, there's a large, upside down pool, held up by a powerful antigravity device.

What makes this arena more special, though, is that all the Pokemon on the arena are outfitted with a Gravotron 9000, a little device that allows it to change its internal gravity at will. During their command chain, a Pokemon may be commanded to "flip". Flipping can be used to dive-bomb your opponent, and will prevent you from attacking on an action unless used with a contact move (ie Headbutt).

If one Pokemon is in the top pool and another is in the bottom pool, their projectile attacks are unlikely to hit; they have roughly a 50% chance of hitting each other with projectiles.

In addition to this, several bizarre things might go on in the arena--

a) The Pokemon's Gravotron 9000 will malfunction and cause them to flip gravity that action. There is a 5% chance this will happen to either Pokemon each action.

b) Dangermouse and Safetymouse will randomly pop out of the pools and stab bother Pokemon, having the effect of a Poison Jab on both of the battlers. There is a 10% chance of this happening every round.

c) Stunfisk will swarm the pools, causing 2% electric damage every action. This will happen automatically some time between rounds six and ten.

d) The antigravity device will sputter out and explode, blowing up the whole arena and killing both Pokemon. There is a 1% chance of this happening every round.

Other notes:

Kam's Fudgie and MF's Warfare are the only Pokémon that may be used; they may be withdrawn from their reserves if they are not in their active squads.

The person who commands first starts on the ceiling.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom