• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Challenge Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 vs 2
Single Set
DQ time: 2 weeks
age Cap: 50%
Restricted Moves: OHKOs, Weather moves
Arena:
Star to finish

An almost feautureless landscape that seems to go on forever. The ground is made up of blank metal tiles that are tough to dig through. The night sky is dotted with strange green stars and a green cresent moon that provide the arena with an eerie light, and blurred silver objects may occasionally grace the sky. Good look catching more than a glimpse of one though. The alien nature of the sky means no weather moves can be used. Any pokémon that manages to dig through the tough tiles may become poisoned from the black earth underneath.

My profile.
I will take this challenge in the name of...
Myself! :3

My Profile, now with double the chocolate chips!

3 vs 3 single
Style: Set
DQ: a week
Damage Cap: Let's be unique. 35%
Restricted Moves: OHKO, Direct Healing, Weather moves, Earthquake, Dig
Arena: Small island

The small island is an island in the middle of a lake that is big enough to comfortably fit two Salamence on it. Water Pokemon are at an advantage here, since there is plenty of water around the island.

My Profile
I'll battle you~

Profie
I'll be reffereeing these two, Blaziking 175 vs. Full Metal Cookies.

And since I the Union can take more challenges, so we shall.

2 vs 2 single
DQ: 5 days
Damage Cap: 60%, I don't like matches going on forever
Restricted Moves: OHKO, Earthquake, Dig
Arena: The Corporation

The 15th floor of a tall office building. The ceiling isn't very high, about 10 feet, so flying Pokemon are at a slight disadvantage in the cramped space. There is a wide hallway that goes all around the arena with beautiful panoramic views of the next skyscraper over. The windows are made of miraculous unbreakable glass so don't try committing suicide by jumping out. On the other side of the hallway, taking up most of the arena's space, are cubicles-- little workspaces that are surrounded by demolishable plastic/metal/fabric walls about two meters high (so there's still space to fly over them, etc. Each cubicle has a desk made of false wood, a swivel chair, a computer (live wires galore) and various photos of the family, action figures, calendars etc. Probably very flammable, but fire won't spread too easily since the walls are mostly fireproof. A small Pokemon would probably be able to hide easily here.

In each corner of the floor (so in the hallway) there is a water cooler that water-types can draw from for Surf and stuff like that. However, there's not all that much, so you'd be a bit crazy to use a fish Pokemon.

2 vs 2 single

The 15th floor of a tall office building. The ceiling isn't very high, about 10 feet, so flying Pokemon are at a slight disadvantage in the cramped space. There is a wide hallway that goes all around the arena with beautiful panoramic views of the next skyscraper over. The windows are made of miraculous unbreakable glass so don't try committing suicide by jumping out. On the other side of the hallway, taking up most of the arena's space, are cubicles-- little workspaces that are surrounded by demolishable plastic/metal/fabric walls about two meters high (so there's still space to fly over them, etc. Each cubicle has a desk made of false wood, a swivel chair, a computer (live wires galore) and various photos of the family, action figures, calendars etc. Probably very flammable, but fire won't spread too easily since the walls are mostly fireproof. A small Pokemon would probably be able to hide easily here.

In each corner of the floor (so in the hallway) there is a water cooler that water-types can draw from for Surf and stuff like that. However, there's not all that much, so you'd be a bit crazy to use a fish Pokemon.

I'll take this challenge. *Plucks* Profile of Animorph

2 vs. 2, doubles, set
DQ: 1 week
Banned: OHKO, Recovery, weather, anything that could damage a building to the point of collapse
Damage Cap: none
Arena: Battle Factory

Pretty much your bog standard, 'battle field in a building' appearance wise. There are a few scientists outside the rectangular border of the arena, nothing special. What is special is that the trainers here only get to use one of their own Pokémon for the battle. The other is provided by the Factory (by which I mean, one of a species randomized by the ref) and is returned at the end of the battle.

2 vs. 2, doubles, set
Banned: OHKO, Recovery, weather, anything that could damage a building to the point of collapse
Damage Cap: none
Arena: Battle Factory

Pretty much your bog standard, 'battle field in a building' appearance wise. There are a few scientists outside the rectangular border of the arena, nothing special. What is special is that the trainers here only get to use one of their own Pokémon for the battle. The other is provided by the Factory (by which I mean, one of a species randomized by the ref) and is returned at the end of the battle.

Um, okay. I accept this challenge.

This'll be my first time, and I don't want to rush into things, but... I'm going for it*. I hope I'm not doing something wrong here, because this is a very confusing game :0 Anyway, here is my profile.

*That's what she said.

2 vs 2 single

I'll take it, as my first match.

(Profile)

I'll take this challenge. *Plucks* Profile of Animorph

Gotcha.~ Waiting on a ref now. Oh yeah, I forgot one thing about the arena, is it okay if I change it? Weather moves, while not being banned, will have little effect since it's indoors. Fire-types may get some advantage from sunny day (because it shines through the windows), but water-types will watch in dismay as their rain dance rolls uselessly down the panes. Sandstorm is out of the question, as is hail.

Edit: Oh wait yeah sorry Dewgongeru, Animorph got to it before you did. :<

Gotcha.~ Waiting on a ref now. Oh yeah, I forgot one thing about the arena, is it okay if I change it? Weather moves, while not being banned, will have little effect since it's indoors. Fire-types may get some advantage from sunny day (because it shines through the windows), but water-types will watch in dismay as their rain dance rolls uselessly down the panes. Sandstorm is out of the question, as is hail.

Edit: Oh wait yeah sorry Dewgongeru, Animorph got to it before you did. :<

That's okay. :(

Eh, what the heck. I'll get another challenge.

1 vs. 1
Set
DQ 3 days
Damage Cap 30%
Restricted moves: Sand based attacks, OHKOs, dig.
Arena: Ice float

A large, circular chunk of ice floating in the icy water in the moonlit night. It's very cold, so steel types, fire types, grass, bug, flying, dragon, ground, and rock type moves suffer a 5% less power. Ice moves get a 5% boost, however. Small pockets of water are unfrozen for the use of fish Pokemon. Every few turns, there is a 10% chance of the northern lights flashing through the sky, which makes the Pokemon ignore one out of three orders to stare at the sky. *Granted, trainers probably won't notice* Also, the move aurora beam gets another 5% boost if used during that period.

The ice flow is very slippery, but is surrounded by a barrier placed by a Mr. Mime provided by the ASB. However, moves like quick attack, extreme speed, agility, and other speed based moves will be less effective due to the lack of friction. Also, the ground is solid ice, so you cannot dig. The moves Earthquake and fissure may cause the float to splinter and drift apart, but the barrier will keep it from drifting too far apart. However, some of the arena may shift, making parts jut up or sink down.

Animorph's profile

Last edited:

1 vs. 1
Set
DQ 3 days
Damage Cap 30%

A large, circular chunk of ice floating in the icy water in the moonlit night. It's very cold, so steel types, fire types, grass, bug, flying, dragon, ground, and rock type moves suffer a 5% less power. Ice moves get a 5% boost, however. Small pockets of water are unfrozen for the use of fish Pokemon. Every few turns, there is a 10% chance of the northern lights flashing through the sky, which makes the Pokemon ignore one out of three orders to stare at the sky. *Granted, trainers probably won't notice* Also, the move aurora beam gets another 5% boost if used during that period.

The ice flow is very slippery, but is surrounded by a barrier placed by a Mr. Mime provided by the ASB. However, moves like quick attack, extreme speed, agility, and other speed based moves will be less effective due to the lack of friction. Also, the ground is solid ice, so you cannot dig. The moves Earthquake and fissure may cause the float to splinter and drift apart, but the barrier will keep it from drifting to far apart. However, falling into the sea will cause an instant KO.

Animorph's profile

Wait what? I just wanted to point that out

1 vs. 1
Set
DQ 3 days
Damage Cap 30%

The ice flow is very slippery, but is surrounded by a barrier placed by a Mr. Mime provided by the ASB. However, moves like quick attack, extreme speed, agility, and other speed based moves will be less effective due to the lack of friction. Also, the ground is solid ice, so you cannot dig. The moves Earthquake and fissure may cause the float to splinter and drift apart, but the barrier will keep it from drifting too far apart. However, some of the arena may shift, making parts jut up or sink down.

Animorph's profile

I'll take this challenge

3v3v3v3 double
DQ: Standard week
Damage Cap: 30%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, chills limited to 5/Pokémon
Arena: Spartan Pit

This is the pit that King Leonidas kicked the Persian messenger down in the hit film 300. The pit is set in ancient Spartan stone, with several buildings surrounding and a road leading down towards it. In the blazing Mediterranean sun, fire type moves and other moves affected by sunlight have their power boosted by 5%. At random intervals, King Leonidas comes along and kicks someone random down the pit. It could be anybody! George Bush, Jesus Christ, Harry Potter, the list goes on! The sight of Leonidas' ruthlessness unnerves the Pokémon, lowering their defence and special defence by 1 each.

mah profile, now in Unicode!

Last edited:
Linoone can't wait any longer! She has to battle someone now!

2v2 Single
DQ: 2 weeks
Banned Moves: OHKO's
Arena: The School Swimming Pool

The School Swimming Pool is quite large -- you can sink four Salamences inside without them touching each other (not like they are going to let you do that). It's shaped like a long rectangle, and several floating foam blocks, large and small, have been left in the pool by careless students. Smaller, lighter Pokemon can stand on most of the foam blocks without falling off, but larger, heavier Pokemon will have to find a place to stand by themselves, since the foam blocks will not support their weight. The pool is 3 feet (about 1 meter) at one end, and gradually gets deeper to 20 feet (about 6 meters) at the other end. School buildings surround the pool, and if any Pokemon happens to break anything, an angry principal will come out and rant at everyone. The rant is so long and boring, the Pokemon will have a 20% chance of falling asleep.

Fire attacks will lose 30% power under water, and, for safety reasons, electric attacks underwater will lose 10% power so no one can get seriously hurt. If a non-water type Pokemon is underwater, they lose 3% health per turn. Fire types lose 5% health per turn when underwater. Also, you cannot Dig in the pool. Use your common sense, please. Rock, Ground, and Steel types are not suggested for this battle; you don't want them to sink, do you?

Linoone's awesome Profile thing

(I hope I'm doing this right...)

This one's reserved for Melati2008. (By the way, she's my sister.)

2 vs. 2, Single
Set
Damage Cap: 50%
Banned moves: Double Team, Minimize, OHKO
Arena: Mankey Forest

Basically a jungle with many tall trees and other jungle plants. The forest is filled with Mankeys and their leader, Primeape.

Arena Effects:

20% chance after each round of Rain Dance activating
20% chance after each round of Sunny Day activating (Whoever is reffing this, if one occurs, ignore the other one.)

30% chance of a random Mankey to attack your Pokemon, causing 5% health damage
10% chance of a random Mankey to attack your Pokemon, causing 10% health damage
5% chance of the leader (Primeape) to attack your Pokemon, causing 20% health damage (Whoever is reffing this, if one occurs, ignore the other one.)

Profile: http://dragonflycave.com/forums/showpost.php?p=83098&postcount=42

Last edited:
Linoone can't wait any longer! She has to battle someone now!

2v2 Single
DQ: 2 weeks
Banned Moves: OHKO's
Arena: The School Swimming Pool

The School Swimming Pool is quite large -- you can sink four Salamences inside without them touching each other (not like they are going to let you do that). It's shaped like a long rectangle, and several floating foam blocks, large and small, have been left in the pool by careless students. Smaller, lighter Pokemon can stand on most of the foam blocks without falling off, but larger, heavier Pokemon will have to find a place to stand by themselves, since the foam blocks will not support their weight. The pool is 3 feet (about 1 meter) at one end, and gradually gets deeper to 20 feet (about 6 meters) at the other end. School buildings surround the pool, and if any Pokemon happens to break anything, an angry principal will come out and rant at everyone. The rant is so long and boring, the Pokemon will have a 20% chance of falling asleep.

Fire attacks will lose 30% power under water, and, for safety reasons, electric attacks underwater will lose 10% power so no one can get seriously hurt. If a non-water type Pokemon is underwater, they lose 3% health per turn. Fire types lose 5% health per turn when underwater. Also, you cannot Dig in the pool. Use your common sense, please. Rock, Ground, and Steel types are not suggested for this battle; you don't want them to sink, do you?

Linoone's awesome Profile thing

(I hope I'm doing this right...)

May I accept?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom