• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Challenge Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Revenge Battle against moon-panther. D<

3v3 Single
Set
DQ: 7 Days
Damage Cap: 35%
Restricted Moves: OHKOs, Attract, Weather moves
Arena: The Barn of 1,000 Kitties

The battle takes place in a huge barn, filled with hay, tools, and other barn-things. All the objects (tools, machines, ect) have been shoved into the corners to give the battlers room. The floor is dirt, but covered with a layer of hay. The roof overhead negates any weather moves, so they are not permitted here. There are two ‘shelves’ high up, one over each end, filled with more hay. But that’s not all they’re full of…

The barn houses 1,000 cats, and all of them are gathered on these shelves, eyes gleaming from the darkness eerily. If any of the battlers happen to take a glance at these cats’ gleaming eyes, they are Intimidated as per the ability.

Thing

Revenge Battle against moon-panther. D<

3v3 Single
Set
DQ: 7 Days
Restricted Moves: OHKOs, Attract, Weather moves
Arena: The Barn of 1,000 Kitties

The battle takes place in a huge barn, filled with hay, tools, and other barn-things. All the objects (tools, machines, ect) have been shoved into the corners to give the battlers room. The floor is dirt, but covered with a layer of hay. The roof overhead negates any weather moves, so they are not permitted here. There are two ‘shelves’ high up, one over each end, filled with more hay. But that’s not all they’re full of…

The barn houses 1,000 cats, and all of them are gathered on these shelves, eyes gleaming from the darkness eerily. If any of the battlers happen to take a glance at these cats’ gleaming eyes, they are Intimidated as per the ability.

Thing

I geuss I must accept....

Profile > http://www.dragonflycave.com/forums/showpost.php?p=77991&postcount=17 ((...my cpmputer is being kinda dumb, so I can't hyperlink right now))

1v1 Single
DQ: 5 days.
Damage Cap: 40%
Banned Moves: OHKOs, Non-Secondary Healing.
Arena: Bowl Ridge

A red clay ridge in the shape of a bowl, about 250 feet from one side to the other at the top, and about 150 feet from bottom to top. Water is pooled at the bottom. There are handholds on the otherwise smooth walls. Earth-and-Rock type attacks take 3% less energy to use. If you can use you're imagination, there are surely ways to power up attacks using the shape of the field...

Profileness.

Sure, this should tide me over until Blaziking comes back.

I will be refereeing this battle. (haha I have a lot on my plate now ^o.o^)

Last edited:
The first of those matches has already been taken, Keta. Negrek hasn't removed some of the battles from the list.

1v1 [come on Keta, it's a 1v1, you know you liek mudkipz :D]
DQ: 4 Days :D
Damage Cap: 42%
Restricted Moves: OHKOs, Weather moves
Arena: Rainforest

The rainforest is a densely wooded area which is so humid that Fire attacks will turn into steam a couple seconds after it is released into the air. Besides that, it will be constantly raining, so the fire will be put out anyway. However, the soil is rich and Grass-types get a 2% health boost at the end of each round as well as a 5% attack boost after modifications are calculated. Although it is possible flying won't be as easy in the rainforest, as it's very crowded with thick trees and there will be mist in the air, which lowers accuracy by one. Flying-moves, although can be successfully performed, will have a 5% attack loss as it is very crowded and will be hard to do. Ice attacks will simply melt after a few seconds of being released into the humid atmosphere. Every 3 rounds flowers will open up and pokémon get 1 action to drink the nectar from the flowers and receive a 10% health boost.

I fergot my Profile.

Last edited:
1v1 [come on Keta, it's a 1v1, you know you liek mudkipz :D]
DQ: 4 Days :D
Damage Cap: 42%
Arena: Rainforest

The rainforest is a densely wooded area which is so humid that Fire attacks will turn into steam a couple seconds after it is released into the air. Besides that, it will be constantly raining, so the fire will be put out anyway. However, the soil is rich and Grass-types get a 2% health boost at the end of each round as well as a 5% attack boost after modifications are calculated. Although it is possible flying won't be as easy in the rainforest, as it's very crowded with thick trees and there will be mist in the air, which lowers accuracy by one. Flying-moves, although can be successfully performed, will have a 5% attack loss as it is very crowded and will be hard to do. Ice attacks will simply melt after a few seconds of being released into the humid atmosphere. Every 3 rounds flowers will open up and pokémon get 1 action to drink the nectar from the flowers and receive a 10% health boost.

Despite the huge Grass-type bias, I'll go for this.

3 Vs 3 Single
Style-Switch
DQ-3 days
35%
Restricted moves- OHKOs, Healing moves
Additional- No healing items
Arena: Disco

The geniune 70's disco is our battle field. With the mirror ball and the flashing floor tiles. The Dancers have graciously moved to give the battlers room to battle. With all the noise and flashing lights, all Pokemon have a 3% chance of confusion each turn. Also, every few turns, a man with a godly afro will dance out with his Ludicolos and make it rain *After sticking an umbrella in his fro, though* The flashing tiles can slide away to accomidate a small pool of water.

Profile de Animorph

3 Vs 3 Single
Style-Switch
DQ-3 days
35%
Restricted moves- OHKOs, Healing moves
Additional- No healing items
Arena: Disco

The geniune 70's disco is our battle field. With the mirror ball and the flashing floor tiles. The Dancers have graciously moved to give the battlers room to battle. With all the noise and flashing lights, all Pokemon have a 3% chance of confusion each turn. Also, every few turns, a man with a godly afro will dance out with his Ludicolos and make it rain *After sticking an umbrella in his fro, though* The flashing tiles can slide away to accomidate a small pool of water.

Profile de Animorph

I'm in! Here's my Profile.:3

1 v 1 v 1
Standard
DQ Time: 1 Week
Damage Cap: 30%
Banned Moves: OHKO's
Arena Description: An island with a radius of 8ft. The battle starts in the centre of the island, which is marked by six large plam trees in a circle. There is a beach with pure white sand, about 4ft awat from the start of the battle. Beyond the sand, there is ocean that stretches onto the horizon. There are no clouds in the sky, and the sun shines brightly, thus it is classed as though Sunny Day is in effect unil the weather is changed. Apart from the beach, the island is covered in grass, and flowers that resemble those of a Venusaur.
Additional Rules: Basic/Baby Pokemon only

1 v 1 v 1
Standard
Arena Description: An island with a radius of 8ft. The battle starts in the centre of the island, which is marked by six large plam trees in a circle. There is a beach with pure white sand, about 4ft awat from the start of the battle. Beyond the sand, there is ocean that stretches onto the horizon. There are no clouds in the sky, and the sun shines brightly, thus it is classed as though Sunny Day is in effect unil the weather is changed. Apart from the beach, the island is covered in grass, and flowers that resemble those of a Venusaur.

Icalasari's Profile

Taking this! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
1 v 1 v 1
Standard

I will be the third trainer! :D

My profile

Also, Negrek, you forgot to add this to open challenges, unless I missed something while reading through the challenge board

KMew[/quote said:
1 v 1
Single Set
DQ time: 5 days
Restricted Moves: OHKOs, Healing Moves and Chills 3x per Pokemon.
Arena: Wide Open Range ... OF DOOM

This arena is fairly simple. There is a circular spring for any Water Pokemon. There is a small marshy area right around the perimeter of the spring. The rest of the field is simply a field. Until... DOOM. At the very edge of the field, a dangerous force approaches. It is Mewtwo, and it is furious from being studied and experimented on by the scientists. Once it reaches the battle site (7 rounds) it will furiously attack each Pokemon. Unless the Pokemon finds a way to avoid the attack (all attacks from Mewtwo break through Protect. It can not be Detected either.), it will cause damage equal to half of their Health. Status Modifiers don't apply. After Mewtwo has finished its destruction, the field turns into a barren wasteland, where a furious Sandstorm rages causing 5 percent damage to each Pokemon each round. Even ground-type Pokemon aren't immune to this furious storm.

;D Evil Mewtwo pwns all.
I accept this challenge!
Yeah totally forgot my profile

Icalasari

Added.

And as a general notice, I've added a list of people who've maxed out the number of battles they can be in to the second post so that I can remember you all and yell at you as appropriate. If you have three active challenges (four if you're actively reffing at least one match), your name should be there. DQ bans are also listed in red, with the date at which the ban will be listed coming after the player's name.

1 vs. 1, 1 Pokemon Each
Style: Set
DQ: 2 Weeks (Yes, I am covering my ass for the trip to BC :D)
Banned Move: OHKO's
Arena: Oasis

An oasis, surrounded by palm trees, in the middle of the desert. The sun constantly beats down, making the arena succumb to a permanent Sunny Day, unless another weather effect overrides it. However, after the weather effect fades, the sunlight will come back. Sand-Based attacks (Sand Attack, Sand Storm, Sand Tomb) get the following respectively:

Sand Attack: Lowers accuracy by two stages instead of one, due to the plentiful, er, sand
Sand Storm: Lasts an extra round
Sand Tomb: Does an extra 2% damage after calculations

All mud-based attacks (Mud Shot, Mud Slap, Mud Bomb) do 2% less damage after calculations, as the sand does not hold water well. Also, Earthquake's damage is cut in half, rounded up, after damage calculations, as the sand does not conduct the kinetic energy very well. The oasis in the middle of the arena starts at 20 feet wide by 10 feet deep. The arena itself encompasses 100 feet square. Every round, the oasis shrinks 5 feet by 2.5 feet. Three rounds after the Oasis disappears, the palm trees wither away and all grass types in the arena begin to lose 5% health each round. One last note: Fish Pokemon such as Goldeen and Magikarp faint immediately after the Oasis disappears. In short, don't use Grass types or Pokemon based on Fish unless you want a challenge.

:D My Profile :3

I'll take this. =D Er, rather, the Twitchean Pokemon Union finds this an adequate challenge. Yeah.

And as a general notice, I've added a list of people who've maxed out the number of battles they can be in to the second post so that I can remember you all and yell at you as appropriate. If you have three active challenges (four if you're actively reffing at least one match), your name should be there.

..but I don't have 3 active challenges. I have only the challenge vs. PichuK which is waiting for a ref, and vs. Shadowstar, which is being reffed by Light Mightyena [although she hasn't posted a new reffing for our battle in 6 days].

Sorry, didn't catch that Crystallic_Shadow canceled her challenge.

Also, I'll be taking Minnow vs Keta.

2 vs 2
Single Set
DQ time: 2 weeks
Damage Cap: 50%
Arena:
Star to finish

An almost feautureless landscape that seems to go on forever. The ground is made up of blank metal tiles that are tough to dig through. The night sky is dotted with strange green stars and a green cresent moon that provide the arena with an eerie light, and blurred silver objects may occasionally grace the sky. Good look catching more than a glimpse of one though. The alien nature of the sky means no weather moves can be used. Any pokémon that manages to dig through the tough tiles may become poisoned from the black earth underneath.

My profile.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom