• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Clue Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uh... I tried "growup" and "stronger" but they didn't work either... and that's 24, isn't it?

Am I not even on the right track? xD

...Pokemon evolve? "pokemon" didn't work... also I tried "babypokemon" for the heck of it and that didn't work :P

When I get this, I'm going to feel stupid because it was so obvious, won't I?

OK, so I went back to Clue 8 and found all the Pokemon from there that evolved, and entered all of their evolution methods but started with Ekans, for which I tried both "level22" and "level=22" and neither worked. "Level21," "level28," "mtcoronet," "coronet," "metalcoat," and "trade=metalcoat" didn't work either.

OK, got that one. That makes sense, but it wasn't obvious, really... now for 25. The source code says "the theory of evolution is still great." Would this have something to do with Arbok's patterns? In Red, Blue, and Yellow, it had stripes on its back as well as the patterns on its front, but now it only has the front patterns... does that have to do with something?

Okay,
but if I had already read them how would I not know that? *shrug* Anyway, I looked at all of the Pokedex entries for both Ekans and Arbok and none of them seem to relate to the question...

Big hint:
Evolution is still great. Surrounded on both sides. c'mon, Darksong, how many choices can there be? No offense intented.

Choices between what? The phrase "evolution on both sides" doesn't make sense to me, except for what might be a three-stage evolution, which isn't what Ekans is, since Ekans evolves into Arbok but Arbok evolves into nothing else...

...I just found the answer, but... what does that have to do with the previous question?

OK, so... it's in the old updates, somewhere, then. As far as I know, the last time Butterfree mentioned 2006 was in 2007 when she was wondering whether she should take down the fan art and fan fiction site...

Darksong: 25 has nothing to do with 24. That's probably why you got so hung up on it. As for 26...It's not the last time 2006 is mentioned. The source mentions that it's a noun. So you need to find a place in the old updates where a bunch of things are being mentioned pertaining to the year of 2006, and look at the last one, which should be/contain a noun. Hoping this actually makes sense...?

Darksong: 25 has nothing to do with 24. That's probably why you got so hung up on it. As for 26...It's not the last time 2006 is mentioned. The source mentions that it's a noun. So you need to find a place in the old updates where a bunch of things are being mentioned pertaining to the year of 2006, and look at the last one, which should be/contain a noun. Hoping this actually makes sense...?

I tried every noun in the last update of 2006 and nothing worked. :U

The last mention of 2006 is in the first 2007 update. But it's going to take forever to enter all the nouns in there, so am I on the right update at all? I wanted to know before I tried... >< But even if I am, I'm clueless about which of these hundreds of nouns it actually is.

Darksong: Note that the clue said the LAST mention - you're in the right place, but have you read for the word "mention" in the update? It might be very enlightening."

Cryptica: Sometimes people like to talk about things that have happened in the past... Sometimes they still talk about it the next year...

What is the first thing that comes to mind when you think of pokemon? But that pokemon is bashed pretty often.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom