• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The "Fwee" Thread

If you enjoyed that, I also recommend K-on.

By the way, I watched the movie since you said it was good, and it was certainly better than I expected! It's been years since I watched the series so I wasn't sure if I'd still like it, but I really enjoyed it!
In fact I liked it so much I'll forgive them for having a packet of "chips" in the background.

By the way, I watched the movie since you said it was good, and it was certainly better than I expected! It's been years since I watched the series so I wasn't sure if I'd still like it, but I really enjoyed it!
In fact I liked it so much I'll forgive them for having a packet of "chips" in the background.

Azumanga Daioh, K-on, MLP:FiM... wow, we really are on the same wavelength, aren't we? :)

Azumanga Daioh, K-on, MLP:FiM... wow, we really are on the same wavelength, aren't we? :)

Well to be fair, maybe we're just both fans of the broad category of cutsey and slice of life things :P
Any other recommendations on what is similar though? I'm getting I've-watched-too-much-happy-happy-TV-now-I-feel-sad-in-comparison withdrawal.

Well to be fair, maybe we're just both fans of the broad category of cutsey and slice of life things :P
Any other recommendations on what is similar though? I'm getting I've-watched-too-much-happy-happy-TV-now-I-feel-sad-in-comparison withdrawal.

Not Lyra, but...

I'd personally recommend Nichijou, Polar Bear Café/Shirokuma Café, and Chi's Sweet Home (I prefer the manga for this one) which are all pretty slice of life-y. Also Yotsuba&! is a must read, but I'm think you've already read it. Oh, I personally like One Fine Day, which is only three volumes. If you're willing to leave plot ends open, I also recommend reading the first four volumes of Bunny Drop and stopping after that.

And here's stuff for things that seem good, but I don't actually know. There's also Soredemo Machi Wa Mawatteiru, which is good and cute for the two episodes I have seen, but I'll need to see more before I give it a total spoon-seal of approval. Aaand recent Kyouka Animation shows seem to be focusing on the cutesy, feel good stuff, like Hyouka and Tamako Market. But I haven't personally seen those two, so not something I can vouch for.

Last edited:
My choir dress came in~ ♪

(it's kind of funny trying to hang it up in my closet, a couple inches sag on the floor. I need to get it hemmed as it is but.)

I inspired someone to start reading more often!!! :) And I finished Girl, Interrupted by Susanna Kaysen last night, and it was SO GOOD!!!

it's 0:40 and I just came back from outside from a PRETTY AMAZING WALK (I was outside for like over an hour because oops)

I was just going to take a little night walk in the moonlight because the moon's full and the sky mostly clear. At some point I just really felt like climbing up this really steep road to this skiing hill mound thingy which is pretty high (just because the moon was so damn alluring). I was pretty exhausted when I got there but it was well worth the climb: the moon lit up the other half of the sky and at some point I noticed that on the other half there were some green northern lights just kinda flickering there. I spent like 20 minutes standing there alone, watching them undulate before clouds started obscuring the view.

On the way back I stopped at this opening and noticed that the moon was surrounded by these absolutely beautiful clouds that looked like they came straight out of a painting; there was this big soft cloud that made the moon kinda blurry and glowy around the edges and these smaller, more detailed little clouds just kinda slowly floated past the moon. I climbed on top of this kinda tall pile of snow and I'm pretty sure I spent at least 15 minutes just standing still and staring at the moon and the clouds passing by, and it was so dreamy and strange (in a really good way).

dagfahhashd asfh I'm so glad I went up that hill
why is nature so amazing

also on an unrelated note I finally finished those commission-y pictures today and that means *ka-CHING* as well as FREE TIME to draw things I feel like drawing ungfhfdf

So at the moment, I have been on vacation, and me and like 6 of my friends are staying at a hotel, and every single morning since I've been here, I have woken up at 6 AM when everyone was still asleep, and made everybody breakfast according to to what they said they wanted for breakfast the day before. So I always end up making pancakes, eggs, French toast, and all these foods, and I put the food in the refrigerator with a little note that says how to reheat it when they want to eat. And then I go back to sleep until like 3 PM.

Well last night, they just realized that I'm the one who makes their breakfast, and so this morning, when I woke up at 6, they were all awake, and told me to go back to bed. So I did, and when I woke up like 7 hours later, they all came in with breakfast in bed!! It was sooooo delicious! They gave me a bowl of fresh fruit (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, orange pieces, pineapple slices, and a bunch more fruit, all organic!), orange juice from oranges they squeezed themselves, and toast with jelly. It was soooooooo yummy! My friends are spectacular!

that's awesome! I wish my friends would do that! whenever i sleep over i wake up at 5:30 and dink around while i wait for them to wake up! usually around 12:00pm O_O

Back
Top Bottom