• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The HeartGold/SoulSilver Status Thread

Well, my team is pretty well leveled right now, I must say. I'm debating whether or not to level them up any more before the battle with Red, or if I should just go face him now.

My team:
Lv. 72 Victreebel
Lv. 70 Kenya (Fearow)
Lv. 70 Typhlosion
Lv. 70 Mismagius
Lv. 69 Slowbro

I just beat Red with a bunch of level 55s.

I still don't know how I pulled that off. o_O

:V

Goin' after legendaries and then I'mma start on the Pokedex. TODAY TWO OF MY FRIENDS BROUGHT THEIR POKEWALKERS TO SCHOOL AND I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW THEY HAD HGSS AND IT WAS AWESOME. Best lunch period of my life.

I'm not sure if I posted here saying I'll soft reset for a shiny Mewtwo, but I decided to stop. I can't stand doing this anymore.

Because I can.

TO-DO LIST:
Catch Entei
Catch Raikou
Catch Latias
Catch Lugia
Catch Kyogre
Bug my friend into beating Red and catching Groudon so I can get Rayquaza
Bug said friend into also getting the upcoming Ranger game so we can get Deoxys
Start Pokédex completion

Last edited:
Beat Pryce; now I'm talking to everyone in Goldenrod to see what they have to say to Rocket Lyra. :3 "What business could Team Rocket have in the department store? We're not selling sanity here!"

Badges: 7
Pokédex: 140

[Vulcan Rex] Typhlosion (M) Lv36
[Bossa Nova] Miltank (F) Lv30
[Keleth] Xatu (F) Lv30
[Cain] Politoed (M) Lv30
[Shisa] Raikou (X) Lv40
[Al'xious] Marowak (M) Lv29

...actually, I'm starting to second-guess keeping the marowak. :/ I do my best to ignore base stats when I'm just playing the game, but for the love of god I cannot stand attacking last if I don't have to and so I don't usually use anything with a base speed lower than 60 unless it's something I adore, like aggron or rhyperior or something. Marowak is cool, but... ffff I need that tyrogue now because hitmontop isn't as painfully slow. D:

I just beat Red.

I'd like to scream that to the high heavens:

I just beat Red.

And much Like Leafpool, I beat the guy with pokemon who were all in the 50s. Except for Mewtwo, and I barely used Mewtwo. Raikou once again dealt the finishing blow, Jirachi proved useful once again (though I had to teach it Thunderbolt; a decision I think was a mistake, as I rarely used the attack) And much to my regret, Feralgatr wasn't able to be used as much as I wanted my starter to be.

So I'm going to take one final break before I go on a legend hunt

So! I caught Latias without the help of the Master Ball and went to check it out some.

It's Modest. And it's got a fairly decent Sp. Attack IV (Veekun says between 20-22 and I wish it was better but meh). IT'S MODEST. Probably going to attempt to actually train this decently.

Off to find Lugia!

I'm starting to put the finishing touches on my Safari Zone. I'm going for aesthetics as opposed to types of Pokemon, so I hope my Kanto-styled Zone brings in good Pokemon.

GB Sounds is awesome but by god what did they do to the Johto Wild Battle theme? It sounds like the begining of a nightmare. O_o

EDIT: Done with the Safari Zone...for now. All areas except for the top left area are based on the Gen. 1 Safari Zone as closely as possible, within the limitations of the game and my own personal decisions. The top left area is instead based on Gen. 2's beta design. That design was lacking a bit, so I added a few things to spruce it up and bring it in line with the rest of the Kanto themed SZ. Ironically, due to the smaller size of the areas and how it only kinda resembles the Kanto SZ, it's similar to the G/S/C treatment of Kanto. XD

Last edited:
Well, I know that I could have tried at Lv. 55ish, like Exo and Leafpool, but alot of my Pokemon lack defense, so I wanted to level them up to add a boost to their defense.

Plus I did attempt to fight him when I first went through Mt. Silver, but when his Pikachu started killing me I knew that there was no hope.

So now I'm off to fight Red, after I finish my homework. After that, I might go after Groudon for the hell of it, but I want to start a new game file relatively soon because I really want to try out Totodile now that there are physical water type moves.

Well, I know that I could have tried at Lv. 55ish, like Exo and Leafpool, but alot of my Pokemon lack defense, so I wanted to level them up to add a boost to their defense.

I used an Espeon, a Golem, an Ampharos, a Lapras, a Typhlosion and a Noctowl. I don't think any of mine are especially good at defenses. :V Well, Lapras could take hits fairly decently during that battle, but even super-defensive Golem died in one hit to Pikachu's Iron Tail, prompting me to turn off the game and give it the berry that makes it resist Steel moves.

But anyway. JUST CAUGHT KYOGRE and that makes all the legends I need for Platinum except Groudon, Rayquaza, Mew, Celebi, Deoxys and Latios. Latios and Groudon I can get from my friend with SoulSilver (once she beats people), and the rest are event legends I'll be getting later on. Well, except Rayquaza, but for that I need Groudon. I'm hoping I can convince her to get the Ranger game so that we might go get Deoxys from it. D:

NOW ONTO POKEDEX COMPLETION. ... tomorrow

WOOHOO! 20 minutes later, I beat Red! I had real issues with his Charizard though, I basically had the Hail do pretty much all the damage to him, and every now and then, when I wasn't at half HP, I tried to hit him with an attack. He killed himself with Flare Blitz though. I'm glad I leveled though, because I don't think my team would have won otherwise.

So I'm going to check out where Groudon is, just for kicks and giggles, and then I'm starting a new game.

Potential team:

Feraligatr
Kangaskhan (Pokewalker)
Heracross
Electrode (From trade in Olivine)
Dodrio (Pokewalker)

Caught Lugia with a few Dusk balls, and now I'm moving on to get Entei.

And Entei is proving to be just as resilient - if not more - than Raikou. I can only take consolation in my LV 49 Wobbuffet faring better against him than my LV 20 Wobbuffet did against Raikou

Oh, and this was the team I had when I beat Red:

Raikou: LV 56
Jirachi: LV 55
Ho-oh: LV 55
Feraligatr: LV 58
Mewtwo: LV 70
Snorlax: LV 50

Awww man. I'm really disappointed right now. So I started over a new game because, well, I defeated Red and I wanted to start a new game. In order to reset the Pokewalker registration stuff, I have to press Down, X, and L. The problem? My L button refuses to work. So basically, I can't use the Pokewalker anymore because I can't use my L button. D:

Just got it today (cursed Australian release dates). But I can't wait :D Don't have anything special to add yet, though.

Awww man. I'm really disappointed right now. So I started over a new game because, well, I defeated Red and I wanted to start a new game. In order to reset the Pokewalker registration stuff, I have to press Down, X, and L. The problem? My L button refuses to work. So basically, I can't use the Pokewalker anymore because I can't use my L button. D:

Try blowing on it. Like, into the cracks. :V My R button refused to work for a while (and it pissed me off because I was trying to play Mario Kart DS during that time) and then some kid went "Give it here" and blew on it and it worked. :V

Pokemon HeartGold

Time: 00:00
Money: $0
Pokemon:
None

It's in its box, sitting on my bed. Online pre-order ftw (the official release date is tomorrow).

Try blowing on it. Like, into the cracks. :V My R button refused to work for a while (and it pissed me off because I was trying to play Mario Kart DS during that time) and then some kid went "Give it here" and blew on it and it worked. :V
That did the trick! Thanks a ton!

Now I'm off to get myself a Doduo!

EDIT: Used the Pokewalker for a while, got myself a Kangaskhan, Doduo, and Ponyta. I think I might be using all three of them...

Last edited:
So I got the game on Monday and can't put it down long enough to update >.<

Trainer: Zach
Money: $9883
Time: 11:47
Score: 1085
Pokedex: 20

Team:

Amphos (Mareep) Lv12 (M)
Cain (Quilava) Lv35 (M)
Abel (Farfetch'd) Lv24 (M)
Pyras (Weepinbell) Lv33 (F)
Kraunch (Krabby) Lv20 (F)
Joey (Rattata) Lv10 (M)

Currently training Amphos to take out Clair (Red Gyrados is ready)

I take it back. Entei was no problem at all.

Moltres, on the other hand, is a very tough one to subdue. And considering how it's not late enough for me to get the Dusk Ball bonus, I'm just going to wait until the right time to catch the bird

Back
Top Bottom