• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The HeartGold/SoulSilver Status Thread

Today, I caught a shiny Caterpie.

I was just about to reset for a shiny Articuno too D:

And I jinxed it again! My Togepi egg had just hatched, and I was wondering whether it was going to be shiny. Then I told myself that it was rare -- too rare -- but it did happen....

Anyway. I'll probably just transfer him to Platinum and work with him there, since he keeps getting angry at me. :<

Aside from that, I made it to Goldenrod City. And got the Hive Badge. Lots more progress than I thought.

Quilava
Deidara (M) Lv 24
Naughty nature. Likes to fight.
Quick Attack | Leer | Smokescreen | Flame Wheel

Pidgey
Just a Pokémon I keep in the PC for when I need to Fly.

Pidgey
An extra Pidgey I got off the Pokéwalker.

Pikachu
A Pikachu I got in Yellow Forest.

Togepi
What hatched from the Egg. Not going to use it, definitely. :P

10.png

GoldnTime[Heart] (M) Lv 8
Quirky nature. Very finicky.
Tackle | String Shot

I beat Blue last night, I guess I should go check out Mt. Silver today.

My team:

Dragonite lvl 65
Feraligatr lvl 66
Lugia lvl 65
Entei lvl 65
Raikou lvl 65
Gengar lvl 66

I also got a Seviper from a trade, and caught Zangoose at the Safari Zone. I probably won't use them in comp. battles, but honestly, I'd like to be able to train them up pretty strong.

I beat Blue last night, I guess I should go check out Mt. Silver today.
Yeah, I have a question about this. If they're going by the manga, Gary would be Green and the other random chick would be Blue. Yet my do they use Blue as his name?

Shiny Girafarig :D Aside from a shiny Raticate on my gold when I was around six (which I ran from and cried because I thought I broke the game), it's the only shiny I've seen. I'm not gonna use it, cause I don't like it :P

Aside from that, I just beat Claire and caught a Dratini. Perish Song + Kingdra = PWN! The Dratini is levelling up really slow, so I might just get myself one off the GTS and train it. Current team (too lazy to pay attention to natures):

Quilava
Blaze
Lv. 33
Quick Attack, Swift, Hidden Power (don't know the type, but it's powerful), Flame Wheel

It... doesn't really learn moves?

Lapras
Shell Armor
Lv. 35
Perish Song, Surf, Ice Beam, Thunder (going to be Thunderbolt when I can bother to get the coins)

My first time ever using a Lapras, but I love it <3

Pupitar
Shed Skin
Lv. 32
Dig (Earthquake), Dark Pulse (Crunch), Rock Slide, Thrash (probably Stealth Rock, eventually)

It's kind of... sucked, lately, but I'm sure it will pay off.

Crobat
Inner Focus
Lv. 33
Wing Attack (probably going to replace with something), Fly, Confuse Ray, Mean Look (for the legendaries)

I caught a Skarmory to replace this with... but I missed it, so I'm sticking with it :D

Miltank
Scrappy
Lv. 33
Zen Headbutt, Rollout, Body Slam, Milk Drink

Originally, I just caught this to use against the Ecruteak Gym, since it's Scrappy. But, I liked it so I kept it, too.

Dratini
Shed Skin
Lv. 20
Leer, Thunder Wave, Twister, Dragon Rage

Like I said, I don't know if I'm gonna keep this one. Anyways, I'm gonna train them all up to around 35, do the whole Kimono Girls thing, and train up to 40-ish and go to the E4.

Last edited:
Yeah, I have a question about this. If they're going by the manga, Gary would be Green and the other random chick would be Blue. Yet my do they use Blue as his name?

Well, it is not going by the manga. Anyways, even if they were, in the US the names are switched: Green is Blue and Blue is Green, to go along with the fact that Green version itself was never released in the US.

Plus his name was Blue in the original international G/S games. Be kinda pointless to change it now, wouldn't it?

Never played the originals, I wouldn't know that. And yeah, that makes sense. I just wanted verification.

Did some stuff in HG, got a couple badges and trained~ Just got my third team member, too!

[Pyro] Eevee (F)
Adaptability / Gentle / Lv5
-Tail Whip, Tackle, Helping Hand

Just got from Bill...I wasn't even looking for a female xD; Looking for a Fire Stone for her now.

[Scout] Quilava (M) @ Charcoal
Blaze / Naive / Lv23
-Headbutt, Leer, Quick Attack, Flame Wheel

[Sniper] Horsea (M) @ Shell Bell
Sniper / Mild / Lv23
-Bubblebeam, Brine, Focus Energy, Agility

Whitney was actually really easy. heh.

Level grinding for Clair now, she's evil. I can get everything but the last one washisname is really tough, so I bought a Dratini from the Voltorb flip place, and am lvling it up.

Dratini lvl 27 Exp. Share
Slam, Thunder Wave, Twister, Dragon Rage

Todo Lvl 34 Never Melt Ice
Hydro Cannon, Crunch, Surf, Avalanche

Noctowl Lvl 34 Power Herb
Confusion, Air Slash, Hyper Beam, Fly

Ampharos Lvl 34 Quick Claw
Focus Punch, Strength, Thunder, Thunder Punch

Graveler Lvl 34 Lagging Tail
Rock Blast, Earthquake, Rock Throw, Rollout

Magmar Lvl 34 Poison Barb
Smog, Faint Attack, Fire Punch, Fire Blast

Just about to try for Red. For the second time, he slaughtered me earlier. X3 His Pikachu's not so hard, but then I realised he had an almost-full team of absolute powerhouses. Sigh.

Got Wesley evolved into a Scizor today! So this is my finished team, although I'm going to train Winifred up to Level 55. I think it'll be my first ever Dragonite...

Pokedex: 68
Time: 49: 20

[Wesley] Level 50 Scizor
- Cut, Slash, Night Slash, Wing Attack

[Tam Lin] Level 48 Quagsire
- Slam, Earthquake, Surf, Blizzard

[Kanji] Level 50 Ampharos
- Strength, Thunder Punch, Fire Punch, Thunder Wave

[Winifred] Level 49 Dragonair
- Slam, Flamethrower, Surf, Thunder Wave

[Adachi] Level 49 Crobat
- Bite, Confuse Ray, Giga Drain, Fly

[Zuko] Level 49 Typhlosion
- Cut, Rock Climb, Solar Beam, Overheat

...Zuko has the weirdest moveset ever.

Last edited:
Standing next to Ho-oh:

Rapidash Lv 42
Megahorn, Flame Wheel, Fire Blast, Morning Sun

Stantler Lv 37
Megahorn, Hypnosis, Calm Mind, Thunder

Heracross Lv 37
Close Combat, Brick Break, Counter, Aerial Ace

Seaking Lv 37
Waterfall, Headbutt, Aqua Ring, Supersonic

Nidorino Lv 38
Thunder, Blizzard, Toxic Spikes, Double Kick

+ HM Slave

Megahorn team for the win!

Perish Song officially wins the award as my favorite move<3 Currently I'm standing outside Lugia's room, I'm gonna catch it then go level up. Speaking of, what's a good place to train Pokemon around level 35?

Perish Song officially wins the award as my favorite move<3 Currently I'm standing outside Lugia's room, I'm gonna catch it then go level up. Speaking of, what's a good place to train Pokemon around level 35?

At your point in the game, you should go train south of the Safari Zone. Or you could cross into Kanto, and that would actually be better.

I'm considering trading all of my good Pokemon to Platinum and starting over. I've gotten kind of bored with it. :\

Just caught all three legendary birds this afternoon! I recorded all three catches on my phone, so I can entertain myself later. Zapdos got caught while I was talking about how I should have bought a Timer Ball. Articuno stayed in the ball the first time I told it to, which was ironic. But it took me the most tries, anyway. Moltres just kind of got stared at.
So, now I have to grind to beat Red, but my Rock-climber is a random Geodude, and I don't want to teach it to my starter, but I also want to be able to bring my whole team. What should I do?

How goddamn lucky can I get? I caught Mewtwo with the first ball I threw (and it wasn't my Master Ball, either, which I was planning to use anyway).

Shadow claw x2 with my Zangoose, switched over to Dragonite to use thunder wave, then threw a dusk ball. Caught it first try. The only way that could have been better would have been if it were shiny, but I don't really care because shinies seem like a waste of time to me.

Also, I caught Moltres last night.

How goddamn lucky can I get? I caught Mewtwo with the first ball I threw (and it wasn't my Master Ball, either, which I was planning to use anyway).

Shadow claw x2 with my Zangoose, switched over to Dragonite to use thunder wave, then threw a dusk ball. Caught it first try. The only way that could have been better would have been if it were shiny, but I don't really care because shinies seem like a waste of time to me.

Also, I caught Moltres last night.

Probably easy because the Dusk Ball increase the capture rate when used in caves. Combine that with Paralysis and the chances of capture are high. You weren't lucky, you did a very skillful move there. :grin:

Probably easy because the Dusk Ball increase the capture rate when used in caves. Combine that with Paralysis and the chances of capture are high. You weren't lucky, you did a very skillful move there. :grin:

Yeah, it was pretty skillful, I think there was still quite a bit of luck involved to get it on the first try, considering Mewtwo's horrible catch rate.

Back
Top Bottom