• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The HeartGold/SoulSilver Status Thread

It still is amazing luck to catch it first try. Mewtwo has a catch rate of 3, dusk ball increases success by 3.5x when used in caves, and paralysis increases success by 1.5x.

All together, that makes the chance of catching Mewtwo first try still only around 6 percent.

Now I might as well use my Master Ball on Ho-oh :)

weeee! Lots of training got done, yes. And as soon as I clear out Team Rocket from Goldenrod I can go and get my final two team members. My team so far:

[Scout] Typhlosion (M) @ Charcoal
-Lv37 / Naive / Blaze
-Headbutt, Leer, Swift, Lava Plume

[Pyro] Flareon (F)
-Lv37 / Gentle / Flash Fire
-Tail Whip, Ember, Headbutt, Bite

[Sniper] Seadra (M) @ Shell Bell
-Lv37 / Mild / Sniper
-Surf, Brine, Twister, Focus Energy

[Spy] Sneasel (M) @ Focus Sash
-Lv37 / Adamant / Keen Eye
-Screech, Faint Attack, Shadow Claw, Ice Shard

+Two HM Slaves (Shuckle, Farfetch'd)

I have a feeling I may be overleveled.

I decided to save my Master Ball for later... maybe a shiny Rayquaza. Well, catching Ho-oh wasn't too much of a challenge. But this time took significantly more balls than Mewtwo. Interpret that any way you want. Same strategy though, minimalize HP and paralyze... though I caught it with an ultra ball. Now I'm going to have to train for Red.

[Active Squad]

Tebow, Level 67
Feraligatr
Hydro Cannon, Surf, Superpower, Ice beam

Lugia, Level 67
Lugia
Extrasensory, Fly, Hydro Pump, Aeroblast

Dragonite, Level 70
Dragonite
Iron Tail, Thunder Wave, Outrage, Draco Meteor

Raikou, Level 66
Raikou
Crunch, Flash, Discharge, Extrasensory

Trumi, Level 67
Gengar
Dark pulse, Payback, Destiny Bond, Shadow Ball

Entei, Level 66
Entei
Extrasensory, Lava plume, Stomp, Flamethrower

[Secondary squad]

Seviper
Seviper, Level 70

Zangoose
Zangoose, Level 70

Mewtwo
Mewtwo, Level 70

Ho-oh
Ho-oh, Level 70

[Hoping to get]
Electivire
Metagross

Any suggestions on who should be on my final team?

WOOT Finally got Heartgold! And I just beat Falkeer (or whatever his name is) and on my way to Azalea Town.

Squad:
[Ven] Totodile 14
Scratch, Leer, Water Gun, Bite

[Avirnis] Pidgey 12
Tackle, Sand-Attack, Gust

Getting more done now.

I'm gonna start over today. :v

Projected team (subject to change): Feraligatr, Miltank, Ampharos, Arcanine, Pidgeot, and something else - possibly traded over from Platinum.

Played around with my bro's Action Replay, though they were just camera codes and player sprite modifiers. Red, due to a lack of sprites, can walk...but running makes him slide around. Attempting to walk in the direction you just ran in will cause him to move at the walking speed while in the sprite used for the sliding. This can cause him to walk backwards, and it is awesome.

Also, the low camera looks pretty damn good in the E4 rooms, certain areas of Mt. Silver, and probably some other places too. Aside from the models not rendering correctly in spots(mainly a gaint black space in the back ground where some ground/trees/whatever should be) and some slowdown, it gives a pretty good impression of what the 4th Gen is capable of. This has increased my hopes for Black and White a lot.

Plus I have a 2D camera and it is just all squee to see the 4th Gen overworld with an 1st-3rd Gen camera. No more distorted buildings and sprites! :D

SO SO SO I've been playing Soul Silver alot today. Here's my team at the moment.

Starmie Lv. 28 (Swift|Confuse Ray|Ice Beam|Surf)
Dunsparce "Poshul" Lv. 26 (Strength|Glare|Dig|Rollout)
Raichu "Zappa" Lv. 27 (Volt Tackle|Headbutt|Thunderbolt|Double Team)
Dragonair Lv. 30 (Slam|Leer|Thunder Wave|Dragon Rage)
Vulpix Lv. 30 (Flamethrower|Confuse Ray|Will-O-Wisp|Quick Attack)
Meganium "Guile" Lv. 33 (Headbutt|Razor Leaf|Magical Leaf|PoisonPowder)

I beat Chuck and Jasmine, then trained up and evolved Starmie and Dragonair. I evolved my Bayleef prior to Chuck. I fought all of the security system Team Rocket members, even the optional ones, in order to gain some levels for Starmie, Vulpix, and Dunsparce. I'm currently planning to train up Raichu and Vulpix for the next gym. I really can't wait for Vulpix to get Extrasensory so I can evolve it already ><

Played for 200+ hours and counting. Most of those hours are from trading my Pokemon. Now I'm getting max friendship and the Shiny Leaves on all of them. It is VERY tiring.

So, my first post on this thread. Just beat the main Goldenrod Team Rocket members.
My team is:
(Croc[soon to be name change]) Feraligatr lvl. 33, (Houdini) Alakazam lvl. 34, (Shadow) Eevee(soon to be Umbreon) lvl. 22, (Vixen) Vulpix lvl. 29, (Aviator) Pidgeotto lvl. 31, and (Rod[soon to be name change]) Ampharos lvl. 34.

I need to train for the last Jhoto gym. ;D

Levelling up my mid-late lvl. 70 team to face Red. Feraligatr, Typhlosion, Meganium are my three hard-hitters, and my Pikachu-colored Pichu (now a Raichu) is my backup. Also trying to evolve my Extremespeed Dratini for dex entries.

Yesterday, I beat Morty and evolved my Quilava into a Typhlosion, but forgot to post here. I also acquired Surf and am about to head off to Cianwood, which may prove a challenge due to my solo run with a Fire-type. (My only other solo was with a Fire starter, too. Weird.)

Current Party:

Typhlosion
Deidara (M) Lv 37
Naughty nature. Likes to fight.
Quick Attack | Lava Plume | Smokescreen | Flame Wheel

10.png

GoldnTime[Heart] (M) Lv 10
Quirky nature. Very finicky.
Tackle | String Shot

Shellder
A Surf/Whirlpool/Waterfall (if possible) HM slave.

I'm also looking for a male timid Pikachu in Yellow Forest, but so far, no luck.

Beat Blue, finally. It was rather easy but I was putting it off.

It's been a bit over a week since I got the game; possibly I shouldn't have rushed so much. I went through the game pretty much overlevelled, I think ... I don't recall training that much, though. I went to all the available places with a ton of trainers before any gyms but I didn't search through grass or anything except for my gastly early on. Granted, I cleared Sprout Tower with cyndaquil taking up all the EXP, so from Falkner I started out able to power my way through everyone.

It would explain why I could beat everyone so easily >:| I only really struggled with Lance, and healing items took care of that.

From memory:

[Backfire] Typhlosion (M) Lv 66
- Flamethrower, Eruption, Rollout, Swift
I artificially keep his level higher than everyone else :D It feels like I should, since he's my starter and that's supposed to be special.
Now that he's got no moves left to learn, I'm dragging him around in my pokewalker. He has yet to gain a level during my walks ... I don't walk much, and I mostly cheat for steps while playing the main game. So.

[LD50] Gengar (M) Lv 64
- Shadow Ball, Dark Pulse, Hypnosis, Dream Eater
The lethal dosage for 50% of enemies is one dark pulse.

[Dilate] Feraligatr (M) Lv 65
- Ice Fang, Crunch, Superpower, Waterfall
Very annoying when I face an opponent with flame body or static, since all of his moves are contact.

[Whedon] Meganium (M) Lv 64
- Razor Leaf, Body Slam, Synthesis, Aromatherapy
Actually, he kind of sucks. Pokemon centres mean that synthesis and aromatherapy are not useful, since he's too slow to heal when he really needs to, and it's everyone else who gets poisoned or paralysed or burned since I don't use him against anything that can really cause statuses. Did helpfully get rid of swimmers though.

Kangaskan (F) Lv 33
- Strength, Rock Climb, Surf, Whirlpool
She used to be one of the main three with quilava and haunter but when I traded the other two starters over, I didn't have room for all the HM slaves I needed. I replaced her with the shiny gyarados for a while until I realised she learned all the needed moves provided by gyarados plus rock climb. So I brought her back. Still likes to cuddle up to me, too.
Also my only girl, just because female starters are so rare and the first gastly I encountered happened to be male. Bah.

Skarmory (M) Lv 27
- Fly, Flash, Rock Smash, Cut
Fly slave used to be a doduo, but skarmory can do more.

About to go up against Lance in HG! Finally got my team to a nice level, so the E4 has been a cakewalk. Against Bruno was pretty funny; Sniper used Focus Energy then oneshot-critted everything.

My Team:

[Scout] Typhlosion (M)
Naive / Blaze / Lv55
-Headbutt, Leer, Swift, Flamethrower

[Engineer] Donphan (M)
Sassy / Sturdy / Lv55
-Strength, Flail, Rock Slide, Earthquake

[Spy] Sneasel (M)
Adamant / Keen Eye / Lv55
-Screech, Faint Attack, Ice Shard, Shadow Claw

[Pyro] Flareon (F)
Gentle / Flash Fire / Lv55
-Tail Whip, Fire Fang, Headbutt, Bite

[Sniper] Kingdra (M)
Mild / Sniper / Lv56
-Focus Energy, Surf, Dragon Pulse, Brine

[Heavy] Ursaring (M)
Brave / Guts / Lv55
-Slash, Dig, Rest, Faint Attack

...man why do Pyro and Scout still know Leer and Tail Whip what. :c

My team consists of four now, since I ditched Arbok and my HM slave for Meowth eggs.

I plan on beating Red again, this time it not being a fluke so I know I did it properly. My team are all 80-85 ish.

I also think that Silver is my favourite Pokémon character now.

I beat the dragon double battle and am now travelling through Mt Silver.

It's nice going through somewhere with decently high-levelled pokemon who also don't appear every three steps. I'm a bit annoyed that ursaring keep appearing when I have my gengar out, though.

Time to restart methinks.

I looked atchikoritathen realised how much I HATED THE THING and got abulbasaurinstead. (accompanied by my baby platinummunchlax)

Second post. I'm currently in the Saffron Gym. My team is so under-leveled because I got everything all at once. D:

Houdini [Alakazam] L.43 @Shell Bell
Psybeam Future Sight
Calm Mind Psychic

Croc [Feraligatr] L.48 @NeverMeltIce
Ice Fang Crunch
Surf Screech

Aviator [Pidgeot] L.41
Fly Pluck
Sand-Attack Wing Attack

Shadow [Umbreon] L.44
Assurance Dark Pulse
Faint Attack Confuse Ray

Vixen [Ninetails] L.42 @Amulet Coin
Ember Will-O-Wisp
Flamethrower Quick Attack

Rod [Ampharos] L.44 @Muscle Band
Signal Beam Discharge
Thunder Wave Thunderpunch

Advice?

UPDATE: I actually plan to transfer all of the good Pokemon over to my Diamond and restart because my team is so broing. I am picking Cyndaquil(sp?) this time. ;)

Last edited:
The Elite Four and Champion have been defeated!

My Team:

Flaro/Typhlosion(M) Lv. 46
Gold/Ho-oh Lv. 46
Snowy/Piloswine(F) Lv. 46
Aaria/Dragonair(F) Lv. 45
Zaro/Ampharos(M) Lv. 45
Polio/Poliwrath(M) Lv. 46

Back
Top Bottom