• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Shiny Hunters Club!

Join. I have the Gyarados, a Smoochum(game doesnt work anymore), and a Tentacool as my legit shinies. And...if we used a glitch to get a shiny, then does it count? Since technically I didn't hack it and I did catch it. If so, then I also have a shiny Ditto.

Can someone here train me in the sacred art of chaining? I'm an epic fail at it.

Can I join?

Only saying the shinies I have in the 3rd gen, because my 2nd gen has all died and I haven't caught any 4th shinies.

I have a shiny mankey, a shiny pelipper caught as a wingull, and a shiny marill. Trying to hatch a shiny sunkern and it's not going well. :|

Joinage!

I have 26 shinies gotten through chaining, but my favourites are Gardevoir and Luxio. I'd like to get a shiny Flygon, but chaining in the sandstorm is ugh.
Can you list all the shinies? Even though it'll take me ages to add them all :/

I have a crapload of shinies...

lessee... non-hacked...

Geodude, Eevee, Sudowoodo, Illumise, Ponyta, Vaporeon, Gastrodon, Glaceon, Mightyena, Swellow, Venusaur, Rayquaza, Pidgeot, Charizard, and Lugia. Oh, and an Umbreon too.

In order of level.

EDIT: all were traded for except the swellow- caught myself via pure luck. I just so happen to be training in Sapphire.
0.0 too.... many... shinies... You're in... *Gasp*

:D

I have Crobat, Persian, Roserade, Pupitar, Abra, Cresselia, Marril, Charizard, Chatot, Rapidash, Ninjask, Shedinja, Starly, Purugly, Gyarados (in Pearl, not Silver, though I have that too), and Umbreon.

in?
You're in. I'll just take a break from adding shinies... *dies*

Joining. Shiny linoone, caught as Zigzagoon...
ifItradeittomyfriendwillIbekickedoutoftheclub??

Favorite shiny: Umbreon and suicune....
Well, if you still had it, then I suppose it's okay. In.

Shiny Krabby. .__.

join?
Yup.

Can I join?

Only saying the shinies I have in the 3rd gen, because my 2nd gen has all died and I haven't caught any 4th shinies.

I have a shiny mankey, a shiny pelipper caught as a wingull, and a shiny marill. Trying to hatch a shiny sunkern and it's not going well. :|
:3 in.

New topic:
Chainers: What are you're goals?
Lucky people: What shiny do you want?
I want a Shinx and an Abra :3 They rulezz... I want a shiny Cyndaquil most, but they are so rare I'm not even trying to get one DX

Consider me joined.

Joinage!

I have 26 shinies gotten through chaining, but my favourites are Gardevoir and Luxio. I'd like to get a shiny Flygon, but chaining in the sandstorm is ugh.

I have a shiny Flygon, If you want to trade for another shiny. And I may have a shiny Cyndaquil, Bakuphoon. I remember I cloned my Shiny Typhlosion when I hatched it, but I'm not sure what I did with it. I'll see if I still have it.

And BTW, I have 130 or more shinies. I'll check when I have time.

The shiny I want the most is a shiny Yanmega =)

Of topic but what is chaining? Is it like breeding for a certain thing?

Consider me joined.

I have a shiny Flygon, If you want to trade for another shiny. And I may have a shiny Cyndaquil, Bakuphoon. I remember I cloned my Shiny Typhlosion when I hatched it, but I'm not sure what I did with it. I'll see if I still have it.

And BTW, I have 130 or more shinies. I'll check when I have time.
130... shinies.... You're killing me...

And, yes, a shiny Cyndaquil would be nice :D But my WiFi isn't working (again). What do you want for it?

The shiny I want the most is a shiny Yanmega =)

Of topic but what is chaining? Is it like breeding for a certain thing?
Chaining? Search on Bulbapedia or something :3

EDIT: Link for info about chaining.

I'd like to join.

I've caught and deleted several Shinies with my habit of resetting game often, but I currently have three: a Marill, a Golbat and a Lucario. The last one I spent over six months breeding for and nearly had a heart attack when I finally hatched it. The other two I found by chance. I've also had a Spearow, another Golbat and a Tentacruel, but they were deleted.

You're not the only one. I've never managed to get a chain longer then 29. If I was any good, I'd have at least two Shiny Ralts by now. I'm aiming to catch either two males or a male and a female, so I can raise both a Shiny Gallade and Gardevoir. I'm also trying on and off to get a Shiny Shinx, but I don't mind if I don't get one.

EDIT: Oh, and since I hatched the Lucario, I've also owned a Shiny Riolu. Albeit for only ten minutes.

~GG~
:3 Okay, I'll add all of you tomorrow or later today, I'm going to visit mah friend now.

And a link for helful tips and tricks in chaining.

Here.

Now I feel like resuming my pathetic attempts at chaining. My records are 12 Phanpy, 7 Starly, then 6 Starly -_-'

EDIT: Just chained 11 Staravia before being interrupted by a Roselia -_-'

Last edited:
I'd like to join please~

I've caught a shiny Shellos (named Shiny, of course) and I evolved it into Gastrodon. I'm currently hunting for a shiny Buizel. Female would be nice, but either gender is OK.
And, of course, my shiny Gyarados in Silver (named Giari).

Hehe, my legal shinies are (in order):
Pikachu (caught on fire red)
Spearow (caught on fire red [different file])
Unoun N (caught on pearl)
Chatot (caught on pearl)

The others are hacked or GTSed. My bro had another spearow that I rescued from his leaf green before starting it over. (he wasn't playing it so...) This spearow is in my pearl.

I'm pathetic when it comes to chaining -_-'
I broke a chain of 18 Roselia with a Staravia, and no shinies yet...
I'm trying to chain Starly now. Five so far.

Okay, you asked for it, Bakuphoon.
Flareon, Pidgeyx2, Pidgeot, Fearowx2, Luxio, Magneton, Doduox2, Gardevoir(This one was so frustrating to chain...), Skarmoryx3, Zangoosex2, Kingler, Starlyx2, Staraptor, Roserade, Togekiss, Togepix3, and Farfetch'd.

There.
I have a shiny Flygon, If you want to trade for another shiny.

No thanks; I prefer to use shinies that I've caught myself.

I'm hunting for a Shiny Scyther, but it's not going well...The chain keeps breaking before I get to 20.

I've been trying chaining, but it's not so well. My record would be those 18 Roselia -_-'

I'm starting to not care what shiny I get, so long as I get another.

I tried chaining yesterday using the tips on the Bulbagarden forum. My previous record was 3 shinx. Guess what it is now? 8 Buizels :D I'm improving :] And stupid Bidoof broke mah chain :[ One more reason to not like Bidoof for me :x

And I'm not going to add what shinies people have anymore. There are too many (Kai, seriously, 130 shinies?? 0.0) And I'll just remove the whole lot.
Instead, I'll list how many shinies you have, so keep posting :] Oh, and include the Red Gyarados. Btw, did you know what Gyarados is spelled backwards? Sodarayg! XD and, uh, ignore the "g" :P

Sodaray? XD I'm so naming my next gyarados that! XD Preferrably the shiny one that I'm hunting for.... *heeeere magikarp...*

None hacked, but I have over 300 shinies, but I havent caught some of them.

Ok Here are my Shinie EV'd:

Mamoswine
Charizard
Rampardos
Tyranitar
Infernape
Starmie
Porygon-Z

It isn't much but Infernape has good Speed and Attack.

Here are my Shinies that are NOT EV'd:

Gyrados
Riolu x2
Scizor
Grotle
Jolteon
Flareon
Weavile
Gible
Electivire
Unown

Here are my Shiny Events: