• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Spriter's Showcase!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rawr...Blue eyes White Dragon scratch.
2cx9krk.png

This is the CHarizard emerald sprite disguised, but yeah I think he meant he scratched to finish it.

And now for my sprite team:

s3lgev.png

^ Nothing overall wrong here except the ears are a bit wonky...
2nu58qv.png

^ Nice recolour but the fins look very badly placed.
14dngk0.png

^I can't place my finger on it, I think its the shading, you might want to sort that, otherwise, nice sprite
2z9lj0p.png

\/Again, nothing really wrong with it.
2zsqxeg.png

\/ Awesome, except for that ugly green flame on his head which stands out.
2usy2k3.png

Alright Kai, lets see here...

MewtwoRevamp6-1.png

Well, for one you made few, if any, scratch edits to smooth the sprite out a little. Also, there appears to be two light sources on the sprite. I realise that the original one had the highlight where the tail and body meets, but you started shading with the light coming from the left (our right), but then had it coming from the right (our left).

Alright Kai, lets see here...

MewtwoRevamp6-1.png

Well, for one you made few, if any, scratch edits to smooth the sprite out a little. Also, there appears to be two light sources on the sprite. I realise that the original one had the highlight where the tail and body meets, but you started shading with the light coming from the left (our right), but then had it coming from the right (our left).
Alright, thanks. Its good to get some proper crit on this.

So, I need to smoothen it out on some places and fix the shading on the tail [which is where I assume the right lighting is coming from]. Thanks again.

I've been trying to do revamping and reposing recently. I'm not very good at either but I keep on practising.

Revamps:
2zhe2l0.png

n5lye.png

20ab4om.png

Repose: I know I really suck at these.
11lh6x0.png
(This doesn't have enough shading)
244b1o9.png

The revamps are actually recolors. You just took the colors from newer sprites and added them to the old sprites, without actually changing the shading.

As for the reposes, Mankey looks okay, but Charmander looks fat. Either enlarge the heard or shrink the body.

Can I PLEASE get some crit on my sprites?

girafarigrevamp.png

Girafarig revamp, silver's on the left and fr/lg is on the right.

Pokeself.png

Recolor of Dawn, something seems off but I don't know what.

RioluCosplay.png

Please pay no attention to the ground. Please. But is the trainer sprite okay?

stantlerprevo.png

Suckish sprite, I know, but it's my first ever scratch so that's to be expected. It's a prevo of Stantler.

For the Dawn recolour, the outline is all black. That's illegal.

The Stantler preevo... is blurry. For the front legs, try making them bend a little, they're awkwardish. And too small, the thing is impossible. Also all black outline. No.

The legs don't look shaded. On the right shoulder(our right) the reflection is in the wrong place, put it further left or get rid of it.

...I'm in the showcase a lot.

The outlines look too bright for a sprite, and the right wing(our right) doesn't look shaded. You also forgot the lines that make it look like a bat's wing. The tail looks pretty awkward, too. Again, darker outlines. The right foot(our right) is missing a few pixels, I think. And on the leg-ish part, try moving the light part up a bit. Also, the flame looks kinda 2D.

^Wow, it feels like I'm picking on you.

...I'm in the showcase a lot.

You also forgot the lines that make it look like a bat's wing.

Charizard What lines in the wings? It's just shading on the D/P sprite :/
Arg the tail does look horrible, but it is from blue version, but I guess that's why it's called revamping, not re coloring~ I'll fix it later, to tired right now~

The legs don't look shaded. On the right shoulder(our right) the reflection is in the wrong place, put it further left or get rid of it.

I added shading to the legs, but apparently there should be more... By 'reflection' I know you mean the bright spot. I'll change that up a bit, thanks ;D

The clawtoes on the right(our right, this is getting annoying) foot seem... off. Try moving them closer together, rounding them a bit, and shading. Ironically, this time you need brighter outlines, or just on the lighter spots anyways. On its shell, try making the outline brighter on the lighter colour. Also, shade the claws more. Other than that I'm done.

I think Dragon found a new hobby~

For the Dawn recolour, the outline is all black. That's illegal.

The Stantler preevo... is blurry. For the front legs, try making them bend a little, they're awkwardish. And too small, the thing is impossible. Also all black outline. No.
Thankies for teh crit.

The stantler prevo is blurry 'cause I stupidly decided to resize it (in photoshop at least, but still)

What colors do you use for an outline on a white something? (dawn recolor's shirt)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom