• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The world ends on Saturday

Someone in Wal-Mart said they were going to get drunk sometime before Saturday, and that it's 'Judgement Day'.

It's okay because my final exam - aka the last thing I ever have to do at uni except graduate - is tomorrow (2-4 pm! Send me good thoughts!), and after that I have plans to get completely wasted so I'll very probably not be conscious for it.

It's okay because my final exam(/the last thing I ever have to do at uni except graduate) ever is tomorrow, and after that I have plans to get completely wasted so I'll very probably not be conscious for it.

Drink Monopoly, I assume.

My friend's brother's friend is legitimately terrified for Saturday because his father legitimately believes in this and is scaring his kids. I feel bad for the kids. =/

Drink Monopoly, I assume.

Actually, probably not, since it's also Will's birthday, and not playing Monopoly would be a good present, because I always end up beating him :p
Drink Pictionary (we have Pictionary now!) could be fun, though...

Also, since Rachel and I have plans to do nothing but sit around watching Doctor Who for the next month or so (although we've only got the specials and S5 to go, so we'll probably be done in a matter of days), I think some kind of Doctor Who drinking game might be in order, too. Oooh, maybe I could get her drunk enough to watch SJA with me, too! But best not get my hopes up.

And this is assuming we're not all dead/raptured by then, of course.

drink monopoly is a thing what why do i not know this

Dannichu and opaltiger I demand you induct me into the ways and vagaries of drink Monopoly.

There are drinking variations of every game! You just need to use your imagination. This is the best drink Monopoly the internet seems to offer.

I also want so badly to play this.

My sister invented the Brian Cox drinking game, where you:
1. Watch a Brian Cox documentary (works best with Wonders of the Universe)
2. Have a drink when he looks soulfully across a beautiful landscape and/or says a really big number
3. Be very drunk very quickly

(I did not mean to totally derail the conversation, I swear)

There are drinking variations of every game! You just need to use your imagination. This is the best drink Monopoly the internet seems to offer.

I also want so badly to play this.

My sister invented the Brian Cox drinking game, where you:
1. Watch a Brian Cox documentary (works best with Wonders of the Universe)
2. Have a drink when he looks soulfully across a beautiful landscape and/or says a really big number
3. Be very drunk very quickly

(I did not mean to totally derail the conversation, I swear)

This sounds brutal and awesome (re: Monopoly) and I think that I shall be demanding a game of it soon. Perhaps on my birthday, when I shall be demanding all sorts of ridiculously and absurd things.

Have you ever played Wisest Wizard? It's a brutal game, truly, but hilarious (there are boss fights and drinks are like, elixirs and stuff!). Also I assume you already know of Ring of Fire (aka Kings of Beers in some places)? IF NOT, PLAY IT because it is fun :D

If a player lands on a property that is un-owned and wants to purchase it, he may pay the bank the purchase price and obtain the property, but must also take as many drinks as are equal to the first digit of the purchase price.
So you need to drink more for Old Kent Road and Whitechapel than for Mayfair? That seems counter-intuitive.

That might be designed to get you drunk a lot faster. If you're drinking more for the earlier properties, properties which you'll be buying early on in the game, you drink more a lot faster. That's one of the points of drinking games!

But all the blue and pink (and maybe orange too, I forget some of the prices) properties can be bought for five drinks less, and they're all ones you'd be buying pretty early! Plus Old Kent Road is placed such that it's impossible to land on it with your first throw, so you can't even buy it on your first go round the board.

I guess! But the only other way I can think of involves assigning each colour a number, and then you have to like, remember them! This way you get told how much to drink every time.

... I thought you weren't allowed to buy properties your first trip around the board, anyway? Or is that a niche rule only supported by some families to prevent stabbings over who monopolised the railways?

Alright, so I didn't get done what I wanted to do just in case the world ends tomorrow. Well, I screamed, "I'M IN LOVE WITH A SOUSAPHONE PLAYER" during a rally today, but I'm pretty sure no one except my friend heard it as everyone was screaming their heads off. So I sorta came out about liking my crush. :/

... I thought you weren't allowed to buy properties your first trip around the board, anyway? Or is that a niche rule only supported by some families to prevent stabbings over who monopolised the railways?

Well, we always play it as you can't buy anything until you've gone around once, but to be honest my family never actually plays games with the proper rules... anyone who's ever played a game of Risk with us is always left feeling extremely cheated and unhappy because of how we've butchered the rules.

Back
Top Bottom