• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Things that annoy you, that really shouldn't

Murkrow

Says "also" and "or something" a lot
Pronoun
he
Everything is annoyed by something and even if there's a really petty reason behind it, it's at least a reason.

What things annoy you that you have no reasonable explanation for?

For me, I don't like the phrase "respectively" as in "Alice and Bob have a cat and a dog, respectively", my brain probably thinks it's condescending, even though in the example I gave, it would be ambiguous without it.

Last edited:
all life

I'm currently half-deaf, so I often have to make people repeat themselves. It bugs the crap out of me and them I'm sure.

That's about it really other than loud noises.

I get annoyed by people who breathe too loudly, but apparently this isn't an especially uncommon thing? There's not really a lot which randomly ticks me off that I can think of immediately.

I get annoyed by people who breathe too loudly, but apparently this isn't an especially uncommon thing? There's not really a lot which randomly ticks me off that I can think of immediately.

I absolutely refuse to share a bed with my sister for this very reason, since her sleep-breathing is horrific.

Hm, let's think. Sound.

There are very few sounds that don't bother me. The squeaking of a wheel on a cart, the hum of a car's engine, chewing, breathing, talking, water splashing, clicking, the ticking sound it makes when you move to another menu item on a video game, the tapping of fingers on keys, shoes on a tile ground...

Maybe I should be deaf.

I deal with misophonia, so pretty much any sound will bother me and give me a headache. I've actually started crying during some classes because I couldn't deal with sniffling.
sniffling, loud breathing, nail clipping, certain ways 's' is said (like in "please", "delicious"), baby noises and crying, chewing and eating loudly, silverware being scraped on a plate, the sound of clearing your throat, grunting/groaning, hiccups, breathing with a congested nose, ANY NASAL SOUND, and joint cracking.

I deal with misophonia, so pretty much any sound will bother me and give me a headache. I've actually started crying during some classes because I couldn't deal with sniffling.
sniffling, loud breathing, nail clipping, certain ways 's' is said (like in "please", "delicious"), baby noises and crying, chewing and eating loudly, silverware being scraped on a plate, the sound of clearing your throat, grunting/groaning, hiccups, breathing with a congested nose, ANY NASAL SOUND, and joint cracking.

Basically all of this.

People tapping/shuffling things rhytmically (their leg, the table, etc). I understand that some people may have legitimate reasons for doing so, like how some autistic people stim from what I've heard BUT that doesn't stop me from getting ridiculously furious whenever I hear/see someone tapping their foot or clicking their pen or something. I rarely say anything because I don't want to start shit but holy dickjesus it gives me a lot of rage to bottle up for later. I'm not sure what exactly makes it so frustrating :Y

Even if it doesn't make much of a sound, the fact that someone is doing it just pisses me off so bad. The worst cases have been in situations where I can't go somewhere else/ask them to stop. I can recall a few times during exams in school: someone nearby taps/shuffles their foot and I just scream internally and make angry sighs because I can't really say anything. I see the movement from the corner of my eye and hear the quiet "shs shhw sws shws hsw hswh swh w" sound that it makes and it makes it really hard to concentrate. Ugh, even thinking about it makes me angry.

People tapping/shuffling things rhytmically (their leg, the table, etc). I understand that some people may have legitimate reasons for doing so, like how some autistic people stim from what I've heard BUT that doesn't stop me from getting ridiculously furious whenever I hear/see someone tapping their foot or clicking their pen or something. I rarely say anything because I don't want to start shit but holy dickjesus it gives me a lot of rage to bottle up for later. I'm not sure what exactly makes it so frustrating :Y

Even if it doesn't make much of a sound, the fact that someone is doing it just pisses me off so bad. The worst cases have been in situations where I can't go somewhere else/ask them to stop. I can recall a few times during exams in school: someone nearby taps/shuffles their foot and I just scream internally and make angry sighs because I can't really say anything. I see the movement from the corner of my eye and hear the quiet "shs shhw sws shws hsw hswh swh w" sound that it makes and it makes it really hard to concentrate. Ugh, even thinking about it makes me angry.

Sounds like misophonia lol. That's my issue too. The sight and sound of it. Also a big issue with people playing with balls - i.e. bouncing basketballs or throwing baseballs or kicking soccer balls etc....

Wow, looks like I'm one of the rare ones for which sound is not an issue.

Anyway:

- Bathroom doors left open
- Sitting next to plants, whether indoors or outdoors

Wow, looks like I'm one of the rare ones for which sound is not an issue.
I had no idea that this many people were bothered by sound. I am not, either. I am bothered by the excessive use of the words:
-Figuratively
-Essentially
-Literally
-Basically
-Lickety-Split
That's about all. Of course, I have so many other minor things that I hate with burning, fiery passion, but naming them off would suck about 6 hours out of my life of which I could not retrieve.

Ooh, I remembered something else! People who /eat too loudly/. It just really grosses me out and makes my stomach flip around in little circles.

Ooh, I remembered something else! People who /eat too loudly/. It just really grosses me out and makes my stomach flip around in little circles.
Yeah, I hate this too. I think it bothers me the most because it's totally avoidable, people just do it because they're careless and rude. :u

In Gen VI they raised the character limit for move/ability/item names to sixteen characters, but that's still not enough for French, so you still get shit like "Prélèvem. Destin" (Destiny Bond) and "DélugePlasmique" (Ion Deluge).

A couple nights ago when I was already stressed, I picked up my 3DS and wandered into the Shoal Cave, and when I picked up a Shoal Shell and it said "CoquilleTréfonds", with no space, I wanted to scream. Even in plain old dialogue, with no reason to care about the character limit — when you talk to the dude who makes Shell Bells, he pluralizes it as "CoquillesTréfonds", I guess to be consistent, but just ohhhh my god fuck off.

The worst part is that there's no fucking reason for there to even be a character limit on these things in Gen VI, let alone one that's too short for all the languages.

EDIT: I just realized that "DélugePlasmique" is only fifteen characters and they could totally fit the space in there. Did they leave it out as a stylistic choice or did they just think they'd hit sixteen when they hadn't? Who knows??? If they didn't have to mangle the data we'd know! [gross sobbing]

Last edited:
When people just swig their drink. Or worse, ask for a swig of my drink. I don't care if you're my sibling and we have "the same DNA". I don't care if you say you don't get backwash in things. I'm not letting you contaminate my drink.

Last edited:
Being touched. Not always, but when I'm not expecting it or it's not someone I know well, it bothers me. Noise also bothers me. This combination makes crowds particularly hellish, what with people bumping into you left and right and layers and layers of constant chatter.

It annoys me when people don't push in their chairs. Do you want to nearly kill a person who is clumsy by leaving your chair unpushed? Well, good for you, fiend to the earth. n_n

Back
Top Bottom