• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

TV Tropes Mafia [DAY 7]

Re: TV Tropes Mafia [DAY 6]

She doesn't seem that suspicious....

HAHAHA I FOOLED YOU ALL WITH MY EXPERT MAFIA SKILLS okay no I just happened to be brainjacked and inspected on the same night not cool

Mafia yet again? Tough luck.

This statement is far too accurate. :(

various said:
I'm going to give EE a little while to defend herself before I vote

I decline. Go ahead. Emerald Espeon.

Doesn't sound great. Are you just accepting your own fate or giving up or what? ELaborate for us!

So the heart-attack-killer returns. Very odd. We can't be sure whether they can only kill people who roleclaimed or if they simply have been in order to throw us off the trail, but I think it remains good advice to not give up your role. (If this really is a "Light Yagami" character, as the death flavor text suggest, he can't touch you unless he knows your name... in this case either power or role trope.)

Odd that only two got bumped off today, since I'm pretty sure that more than those two revealed their role/power trope (can someone who doesn't have dial-up check whether the people who got killed always gave role in addition to power, or did some give only power?). Perhaps they're restricted to three for some reason and one person got protected by a healer.

I'll go with Emerald Espeon for today since that's the way the group is swinging. We definitely don't want to forget about Minnow, though, yeah.

(Incidentally, it would be pretty cool, if there actually were a Light-Yagami role, if their power trope also allowed them to do a "Reaper's Eyes" deal where they could choose to learn one player's identifying information in exchange for auto-dying the next night phase.)

Emerald Espeon said:
okay no I just happened to be brainjacked and inspected on the same night not cool

can you give us any information? do you know who brainjacked you? do you know any other mafia? :D?

So, what exactly is brainjacking? I don't think I've heard of that role before.
I'm assuming that it's some sort of 'recruiting role' (like a Mason), so perhaps the reason why we've been hitting so many Mafia members at night is because some were originally innocents? I don't know, I'm just rambling I guess.

I won't put in a vote to lynch Emerald Espeon yet. We might be able to get a bit of information from them too, if they know who other Mafia members are and are willing to co-operate with the innocents :)

Okay then, Emerald Espeon I guess. o_o;

Rai-CH, Vixie said Tailsy was brainjacked, and iirc that's the first time it was mentioned?

I won't put in a vote to lynch Emerald Espeon yet. We might be able to get a bit of information from them too, if they know who other Mafia members are and are willing to co-operate with the innocents :)

Oh, but that would ruin the game, wouldn't it?

Doesn't sound great. Are you just accepting your own fate or giving up or what? ELaborate for us!

Elaborate on what?

I was telling the truth about my role. I was innocent. Last night, I was targeted and became Mafia. Last night, I was also coincidentally inspected and there is nothing I can do about the fact that I am going to be lynched now.

(Looks like you'll have to watch out for all your "confirmed" innocents, considering they would be the best choices for brainjacking targets!)

I was originally inclined to let EE live, since she might have some vital information about the brainjacker, but really if she has any information why isn't she telling us?

I'm calling bullshit. If she was really innocent aligned, then she would be willing to tell us any information she had about the brainjacker (Or for some reason, the brainjacked can't do that). She's probably just not wanting to get caught as mafia.

Voting for Emerald Espeon

EDIT: Stupid 500 errors eating my posts ><

Maybe if you're no ~fun~ :(

But being suddenly told all the answers is no fun!

I was originally inclined to let EE live, since she might have some vital information about the brainjacker, but really if she has any information why isn't she telling us?

I'm calling bullshit. If she was really innocent aligned, then she would be willing to tell us any information she had about the brainjacker (Or for some reason, the brainjacked can't do that). She's probably just not wanting to get caught as mafia.

Voting for Emerald Espeon

EDIT: Stupid 500 errors eating my posts ><

I'm not innocent-aligned. I didn't say that I am innocent aligned. I said that I was innocent-aligned. Now I am Mafia-aligned, and cannot tell you most of what I've learned because that would go against my new win condition.

If she's mafia I do believe she wins with mafia!

so like yah. Back in a few days maybe!

If she's mafia I do believe she wins with mafia!

so like yah. Back in a few days maybe!

As long as the mafia doesn't go all "fuck you, newt" and kill you. :| Why they haven't yet I don't know. Hm... actually, maybe that's why there were only heart attacks today—mafia did attempt to make a kill, probably you, and probably you got lucky with a doc heal. I don't think the heart attacks are instead of regular kills; Vixie did imply that her killing Mawile stopped Mawile from making the regular mafia kill on night 2, so had Vixie not done that then, theoretically, there would have been a spatterdeath in addition to the heart attacks and the doc clash/??? that hit Walker. Yeah, more likely the regular kill was simply blocked.

Re: EE: So I guess that either Vixie was lying about what happened to Tailsy and Tailsy was originally mafia, or there's at least one more brainjacker out there. I wonder if it's one-shot as Vixie claimed to be?

Emerald Espeon, then. No reason not to at this point. I'd still like to hear from Blastoise, just generally speaking, but meh.

But being suddenly told all the answers is no fun!

I'm not innocent-aligned. I didn't say that I am innocent aligned. I said that I was innocent-aligned. Now I am Mafia-aligned, and cannot tell you most of what I've learned because that would go against my new win condition.

Well, maybe. What about just the brainjacker then? Killing mafia's always a good thing, but it would be nice to stop this virus at its source.

If you can't tell us "most" of what you've learned, just tell us what doesn't fall under 'most'! :D

I'm guessing she doesn't want to because she's Mafia aligned (whether newly or oldly) and helping us may lead to her losing. We think that at least two people have been brainjacked, but my guess is that that a limited-time power, otherwise the Mafia would quickly overwhelm the townsfolk. Alternatively, only certain roles can be jacked, else some bad thing that happens.

I also had a theory on the true-name killer: so far it's been three, then two. Excluding the possibility that healers got lucky, it could be that the max killable with that power goes down each time (three at first, then two, then one). Alternatively, it's a one-use power, and there are two people with it, and the healer got lucky/one targetted had a spare life/someone lied a little about their role/power and didn't get effected/something else. Because if that kind of power had infinite use...game balance would fly out the window.

Long story short: if you want to prevent true-name killers, fudge a little on your role/power if you feel the need to role-claim.

Wait wait wait, something did just occur to me. What if Emerald Espeon is telling the truth but not in the way we think she is. She was she was innocent aligned, but isn't now, which is leading us to believe that she is mafia. But she also voted to kill herself.

I can't say much more atm because I'm not thinking too clearly, but I think that EE might be an activated alien.

Due to paranoia, I think I'm going to abstain for now

I guess hoping to get some information out of someone who was once innocent was just wishful thinking. You had your chance, but I guess there's no way you're going to co-operate!

Emerald Espeon

if I remember correctly, EE roleclaimed as a vanilla townie.

what is this 'you know she's innocent' coming from? our only active, living inspector has roleclaimed, put a target on himself, and given us mafia. why not lynch her?

I am inclined to believe that EE is mafia. Though Littlestream and EE 'confirmed' each other, Littlestream said it herself:

Emerald Espeon

Yeah this was why I thought that, but 'recruiting Mafia-guy did it' so...

Re: TV Tropes Mafia [DAY 3]

Sry Linoone & Vixie! I didn't notice that post, but I'll check Minnow tonight. (but what if I die?)

edit: I checked EE because I wanted to check somebody active. Bachuru was like "hey what is your night action" and so I glanced at the page and picked them! ((don't worry I'm not the one that held the game up for a week. I was more or less punctual.))

That sounds good enough. And if you die then we're probably going to lynch Minnow anyway because it's not like she contributed much, and killing you off on the night of your inspection seems mighty suspicious.

I am inclined to believe that EE is mafia. Though Littlestream and EE 'confirmed' each other, Littlestream said it herself:
Wup, I completely forgot about that. I think I was suspicious of EE back then, too, and then Vixie happened and my brains asploded.

Kinda pointless at this moment, but lynch Emerald Espeon and watch as she becomes alien or something.

Emerald Espeon calmly lets the villagers pull her to the gallows. Soon she is but yet another body swinging softly back and forth in the wind. The worries that she might call upon a UFO and destroy Earth appear unfounded.

In her pockets they find receipts for newly purchased suits and a recently-dated invitation to the same social club the mafia belong to.

Emerald Espeon is dead. She was mafia.

48 hours for night actions.

Back
Top Bottom